TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

That sucks about the trims if it is true, but oh well, it is what it is...what can you do. I'll be riding it in August, but I look at it this way: I rode El Toro for the first time after they slowed down the lift, and it was still a DAMN GOOD ride. I'm hoping the same for I305. You have to keep that "glass half-full" mentality.

I rode before and after the change and felt no difference what-so-ever on El Toro. It seemed just as fast and out of control and with just as insane airtime as before. In this case the brake screws up the entire drop apparently. The difference between a trim on a drop and simply slowing the lift I think will make a big difference. Oh well.

Like I said, it is what it is, and there isn't anything we can do anyway.

I know, but its still disappointing to hear that a ride that most people were placing into their top 3 steel coasters is already being altered like this. The first drop was amazing and I hate to think that after only a month its been neutered.

I know that there is little we can do by talking about it here, but I feel like that is a bad attitude to have in general. As a costumer you can at least add your critiques and say if something doesn't sit well with you. It may not make a difference but I would rather have an opinion and express it personally.

Just rode. I don't think they are trims. Slow lift hill today and one train. Timmy crew says "no comment"

Jeesh... One person rides it today and says the ride is ruined. Another rides it after hearing about trim brakes and says they aren't there... I might have to actually drive down there tomorrow morning myself to see what the difference is if any...

Man I knew I should've gone down last weekend! I still haven't ridden it but I hope it's not going to be one of those things where people will say for years, "Well, I rode Intimidator 305 when it was good." I doubt it'll be that drastic though. I wonder if the trims are the permanent ones or if they can be turned on and off?

I know, but its still disappointing to hear that a ride that most people were placing into their top 3 steel coasters is already being altered like this. The first drop was amazing and I hate to think that after only a month its been neutered.

I know that there is little we can do by talking about it here, but I feel like that is a bad attitude to have in general. As a costumer you can at least add your critiques and say if something doesn't sit well with you. It may not make a difference but I would rather have an opinion and express it personally.

That's just it, I'm not going to form an opinion and/or critique it until I actually ride it first.

I had a feeling that the lift hill would get slowed down eventually, but adding a trim to the first drop is rather surprising.

Trims were added to the first drop of Mantis at CP. I am not against trims if they make the intensity better for the majority of the riders. (I know this does not include many enthusiasts).

I had a feeling that the lift hill would get slowed down eventually, but adding a trim to the first drop is rather surprising.

Trims were added to the first drop of Mantis at CP. I am not against trims if they make the intensity better for the majority of the riders. (I know this does not include many enthusiasts).

Call me crazy, but I like the trim on Mantis. You get nice hang time in the loop when it's on. A trim could affect a ride like 305 a lot more though because it's designed for speed, but we'll have to wait and see just how bad (or not) it really is. I'll be there in a few weeks to find out for myself.

So from what I've read, one guy took one ride on it, and called it 'neutered' or something to that effect, and 5 other accounts say that the ride experience is unchanged as of now. Some kind of new hardware has been installed, but it supposedly does not run under the train as the rides other brakes do.

^ I think that this is a weird form of Gurilla advertising, i.e. CF or KD has someone get on the fansite and say INTIMIDATOR 305's BEEN TRIMMED!!!!!!!!!! Then someone contradicts this, then everyone is like, "i gotta check this out for myself!" bringing in peeps and money for the park! Also PR can pre-judge the reaction IF maintenance decides to trim the ride. i.e. ITS NOT THE SAME RIDE ANYMORE, I THINK ITS NAME SHOULD BE CHANGED!!! MAYBE TO TALL COASTER 305!!!

Doctor " InTrimidator 305" Doom!

I'll be going tomorrow and seeing if anything has changed and the ride is different for myself. Clint Novak made a video clearly showing the first drop not having any trims. However there was a long strip of metal on one side of the drop. Any ideas what that could be for? I don't think you could put trim brakes on only one side of the ride for something like this... Seems like having forces only slowing one side or the other would create some bad forces and stress for the trains and structure, rather than both. *shrug*

So I think we can safely say that something, which may or may not be some sort of bracket, has been installed and that something else (which may or may not be trims) may or may not be installed on it in the future. Also that the lift hill, for a short time, may or may not have been temporarily running slower which may or may not have been intentional.

Scratch that, the only thing we've now know for sure is that the power of suggestion can be a very very powerful thing. Something, but not a trim, was on the first drop, and several people suddenly start calling one of the most intense rides in the country boring and forceless.

Edited by ahecht

Anyone looking for some hilarious entertainment, go check out the continued meltdown at kdfansite. It's hysterical how babyish they are. If anyone complaining on that site is over, say, the age of 14, then I have a very dismal outlook on the human race.

Hence why I went off on James. That wasn't even complaining, it was just flat-out whining! Crazy.

Anyways, I cannot WAIT to get back to KD and ride this thing. 305 feet = intimidating, trim or no trim!

I have a question about Flight of Fear-

Every time I've gone this season the queue line has been filled up completely. I didn't know how long that would take, so I didn't ride it. Can anyone tell me, usually, how long it would take to go through the line?