TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I wish I could be there, I'll be checking my computer from work constantly in anticipation, though.

Luckily, I am still in college (summer break kicks butt)! They have said that everything will be on the net though, so you are in luck!

I'd be there if I still lived in RVA, but yay college and living in Ohio now...

This whole "Lightning Strikes Twy(i)ce" gig is making me think that the CW Hyper and KD giga will be sister coasters, possibly sharing the same name. Of course if that were the case I feel as if CF wouldn't have contracted two different manufacturers...

Maybe like Six Flags did with Bizarro, an interesting point if you ask me.

If you are curious about CP's new coaster check out www.whytelightning.com . I was on ScreamScape checking out todays rumors and stuff and came along how on CP's Blog they said "To thank our sponsors" with one never heard of before - the Crystal Rock Bottling Company. I clicked on it...

Got a direct link to the site above. So CP's coaster will be named Whyte Lightning but i have no idea why they would have THREE named the same names. I think that the KD and Carowinds coasters will be named and themed after the car thing and CP will have the Why(i)te Lightning name...

And notice the little Millennium Force logo upsidedown below the neck of the bottle...another Intamin Giga thing?

Anyone know more???

ADMIN EDIT: Merged multiple posts. Please use the Edit button.

Oh this is all so confusing...yes the Whyte Lightning thing is all for Carowinds and CP but what about the red track for bot Carowinds and KD???? Oh god this is all so confusing! Does anyone know when they are doing the media release for CP's coaster? I know KD's and Carowinds are days apart but jeeze why can't they just all tell us at once!!!!

KD's coaster is also tied into Carowinds by the fact that both of them are beleived to be NASCAR themed. I agree with you, this is getting uber confusing.

A couple more weird tie in's.

1. Carowind's teaser IZ 12ENUF has to do with CP because 12E is written on the side of Disaster Transport.

2. Carowind and KD both have red track.

3. Carowinds and CP have two distinctly different refrences to White Lightning.

KD's coaster is also tied into Carowinds by the fact that both of them are beleived to be NASCAR themed. I agree with you, this is getting uber confusing.

A couple more weird tie in's.

1. Carowind's teaser IZ 12ENUF has to do with CP because 12E is written on the side of Disaster Transport.

2. Carowind and KD both have red track.

3. Carowinds and CP have two distinctly different refrences to White Lightning.

When you say 12ENUF separately, it sure does look like "12-enough".

Ha, just resurfacing the forever DT is dead joke.

Maybe all of this is just exactly the same thing CP was doing with all the coaster manufacturer tweets. It is just all to throw us off, and we really will know nothing until the press release. Think about it, the puzzle will be unlocked piece by piece. First, KD (August 20), then Carowinds (August 26), then Cedar Point. This is all very puzzling (no pun intended).

IZ 12ENUF = Is twelve enough? Carowinds currently has 12 roller coasters. All that says is Carowinds is adding a roller coaster, which everybody already knew. That has nothing to do with Cedar Point.

Actually, it does. It's known that 12E is on the side of DT in blue paint. It's on the Carowinds Teaser box in blue paint as well. 12E stands for the 12th coaster themed by Eric B. Clakf or, if you put it all together, it makes EBCLAKF, which is ALSO on the Carowinds Box.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm?entry=f64f6de4-a425-4f1a-a853-5998ec97e3aa

IZ 12ENUF = Is twelve enough? Carowinds currently has 12 roller coasters. All that says is Carowinds is adding a roller coaster, which everybody already knew. That has nothing to do with Cedar Point.

Actually, it does. It's known that 12E is on the side of DT in blue paint. It's on the Carowinds Teaser box in blue paint as well. 12E stands for the 12th coaster themed by Eric B. Clakf or, if you put it all together, it makes EBCLAKF, which is ALSO on the Carowinds Box.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm?entry=f64f6de4-a425-4f1a-a853-5998ec97e3aa

Cedar Point is going to re-theme DT and take the world record for "Most re-themings done to one ride."

I still think that we're all thinking too much into this. I honestly think when they wrote IZ 12ENUF, it was simply referring to Carowinds' number of coasters. If I'm wrong and there is this huge tie in with Disaster Transport, I'll eat my non-existant hat.

Besides, back to Kings Dominion. Has anybody seen any more track recently?