TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I know, that's why I said "chain lift system." My point being, I don't think a chain being too heavy, or whatever other chain related reason, is why B&M doesn't build higher than 200-something feet, because it's been done before with a coaster 318 feet tall.

They could use less chain by making the lift hill steeper

I'm pretty sure that would increase the load on the motor as much or more than having a longer chain.

The two-chain system seems like a pretty simple solution to the problem.

I heard in a construction video (I'll try and find it) for Raptor at CP, that the chain weighs in at 8,000 pounds. So Raptor is 137 feet tall, multiply that by 2 and it's a 274 foot tall Hyper with a 16,000 pound chain. Maybe that's why B&M refuses to go too high.

This is included in the description of a Giga Coaster. There's also a video of Millennium force, which definitely confirms that this will be a Millennium Force clone only with a completely different track technology, because that makes perfect sense to design a brand new kind of track to build an otherwise exact replica of a ten year old ride that's sinking. IT'S SIIIINKIIIINNG!!!

I don't see what you are getting at by saying that. A simple video put on Intamins website doesn't "prove" or "confirm" anything. Case and point, go click on the ZacSpin coaster and it will show you the design of Kirnu and Inferno as well as a couple designs not yet built but it does not show the now open design of Tele2 Insane. My point being is that Intamin doesn't have to update their website the second a new project is announced and probably tries to keep the professional look with actual footage instead of computer generated imagery.

You say "exact replica" and "completely different track" all in the same sentence, it made me laugh.

And then in regards to what everyone is saying, couldn't you theoretically build a lift like Maverick utilizing LSM technology? I mean its a stretch, and something B&M doesn't have, but Intamin could feasibly do it right?

Is it me, or is the whole "ring and heartline" joke getting old? Its getting as annoying as the lazer snake horse on fire and the yellow B&M thread. Jeesh

No joke ever gets old! Anyways, how about MC Hammer's parachute pants? Crazy right?

^^^It's just you, lol.

OH HELL NO, LASER SNAKE HORSE ON FIRE JOKE, OLD!?! THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING IN THE HISTORY OF TPR(yes, my voice is raised, which is why there are all caps)

This won't be a clone, a park will want something new, and they are building off the fact that millennium force was a huge success. Does Kings Dominion even have room to put in a MF clone? That ride is very expansive. Also, the new track should give you some kind of clue that it is not a clone, because clone implicates that there will be no modification what so ever. Also, Superman coasters are still ranking extremely highly on coaster lists and Millenium Force has fallen considerably since opening. There are coaster manufacturers and park owners who looks at Mitche's poll, they no what the demand is for. Remember, this coaster will have to beat Apollo's chariot in terms of popularity among the people, and it is common knowledge imo that Apollo's Chariot is one of the better B&M hypers out there.(and tied for my number 1 with tatsu) Park owners realize they will have to compete with an extremely fun and popular coaster(the wait was 45 minutes for my first 2 rides and 30 minutes during my last ride at night in 05) so, I doubt this will be a clone, unless they want Apollo to still be as popular as it is.

Has anyone heard the opening date for this ride? I'm going next year, and I'd like to know if it'll be open when I'm there. Is it testing yet?

Of course it isn't testing yet. Didn't you hear about the epic fail where it smashed into the Ghostbusters headquarters during the pull-through?

Peter Venkman was even quoted as saying "This is ridiculous. We're trying to do our job, keep the city safe, and we've got coasters smashing into the side of our building. It's a headache, and we don't have time to deal with that... we're too busy out there fighting 100ft tall marshmallow men and lockers.

Wow, this project is looking better than ever. I mean even though the rings and the heartline lift aren't installed yet it still looks great.

I've been doing my research and found out that the ride's name is going to have somthing to do with a snake and a mustang. Although I did this research, I heard from a reliable source that this will be named after a water snake, which is on fire at first, then cools down. Part of the coaster will go on the lake Anaconda sits on, and this is where the 'cool down' part of the ride will be. Over the lake the track will be painted blue.....aquatrax anyone?

I am not upset by any joking around. I have a great sense of humor actually. I just think people go a little to far with some of the jokes. You can only make the comment "its going to be a 500ft aquatrax named lazer snake horse on fire" before it is no longer funny. It is now to the point where the thread isnt interesting to read because its like reading the smae post over and over.

After a while the joke gets stale and isnt funny any more. Does anyone agree with me on this?