TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^^His wording was a bit rude.

We'll never know what BG has planned for the ride. We all know what Gwazi could potentially be, but it may not fit the financial plan of the park. Also, no other parks have attempted Iron-Horse rehab outside of Six Flags, so I don't see that happening here. I do see a possible RMC topper re-track and wouldn't be surprised if it was completely removed either.

The only reason *Ahem* that I was rude was because people were piling the same crap about Gwazi that had been reiterated and regurgitated many times.

Am I on the board? Certainly not.

But I'm more a factual analytical person, and by perceiving the obvious, Gwazi is indeed done for.

You want insight on deteriorating? Look at the Tiger side with the rusty chain and missing parts.It's ruined. You can't get more "deteriorating" than that.

And by my analytical insightful speculation, Gwazi most likely will never reestablish it's former glory as the dueling woodie as we knew it as. Topper Track or Iron Horse would only be a cover-up, until the wooden structure finally gives in.

Even though the ideas are okay, Trust me; based on statistics and BGT trends, Gwazi is going into the ground or getting sent elsewhere.

(I do apologize if I've offended anybody)

The only reason *Ahem* that I was rude was because people were piling the same crap about Gwazi that had been reiterated and regurgitated many times.

Am I on the board? Certainly not.

But I'm more a factual analytical person, and by perceiving the obvious, Gwazi is indeed done for.

You want insight on deteriorating? Look at the Tiger side with the rusty chain and missing parts.It's ruined. You can't get more "deteriorating" than that.

And by my analytical insightful speculation, Gwazi most likely will never reestablish it's former glory as the dueling woodie as we knew it as. Topper Track or Iron Horse would only be a cover-up, until the wooden structure finally gives in.

Even though the ideas are okay, Trust me; based on statistics and BGT trends, Gwazi is going into the ground or getting sent elsewhere.

(I do apologize if I've offended anybody)

Do not, like do not apologize at all for anything you said, your wording was nothing to bark or complain about. Some people on this forum are simply far too sensitive when it doesn't go with their ideas or thought process.

Although I don't think Gwazi's fate is decided entirely yet, I do believe BGT has a plan put forth that will maximize the potential of this situation in the next 2 years. I think they've been keeping an eye on a few parks lately, and are just about ready to dish their best in the next few years. It's the coaster capital for a reason, and I'm sure they intend on keeping that title for as long as they can.

I'm only speaking for myself but I'm not offended. We're all passionate about theme parks and have our own opinions.

A rusted lift chain and missing parts doesn't mean it's done. Anything that sits in Florida for a few days will rust in all the moisture. That chain is repairable/replaceable along with most of the ride. It all comes down to what BGT wants to put into it. I haven't looked at any of the structure to see if it's damaged and don't think I could get close enough to actually tell if the wood has rotted, but I'll take a look next time I go if it ever stops raining.

Put me in the "Gwazi is cooked" camp. One side is completely closed, efforts to save the coaster with new trains were mixed, and it's still a terrible design for a ride that is quite rough even with new trains. And the way it's been managed doesn't indicate that the park is happy with what they have there.

Put me in the "Gwazi is cooked" camp. One side is completely closed, efforts to save the coaster with new trains were mixed, and it's still a terrible design for a ride that is quite rough even with new trains. And the way it's been managed doesn't indicate that the park is happy with what they have there.

Unfortunately, the design and interest for a dueling GCI has long since bit the dust. RMC is in now.

But back to 2015/2016 coaster- I would love a wing or a giga down in Florida, as long as it's Busch Gardens quality and not a S&S launch (BGW).

Another idea for BGT is a Splash battle. It's fun for all ages and creates long lines.

The sucky thing is that a quality wooden coaster is really what the park needs to have (keep) its rounded coaster lineup. Think about it--how many major coaster parks do you know of that don't have a single wooden roller coaster but have 7+ steel coasters? And a huge number of parks have multiple wooden coasters for that many steel ones. The biggest park I can think of without a wooden coaster is BGW with 6 steel coasters. (I'm not counting SFFT or SFM here, even though IRAT & Medusa are technically hybrid coasters, and for the same reason I wouldn't mind if Gwazi got the Iron Horse treatment).

Once you get beyond all that, though, the next major deficiency in BGT's lineup is the airtime hyper, but I have absolutely no idea where on earth you'd put one.

While it'd be really cool to run out along/through the Serengeti plain, there are a few major challenges with doing that 1) I don't know how the animals would react to a coaster that close to them, 2) I don't know how they'd be able to effectively do construction through a populated animal area, and 3) I don't know where they could put the station that would make sense.

Jungala is really the only major section of the park without a coaster, and I think they could probably expand to the north but I'm still not sure how they'd do it to make it make the most sense for a hyper.

I really can't see them putting in any other type of coaster in the next 3-5 years except maybe if they did a Gatekeeper and re-did the entrance with a wing coaster.

Highly doubt we'd see a stand-up or flying coaster from B&M. If they did anything else from Intamin, I'd think they'd go big & intense, but that hasn't really been their MO. I don't see an El Loco or a Eurofighter being the right fit for the park either.

Here's some video I took of Falcon's Fury testing this past Wednesday. Notice how the seats now begin tilting before the car reaches the top.

IMG_9778.thumb.JPG.f21a3e110c4f8e62e9ec1938879351ae.JPG

Also, there's not much time left to catch the Summer Nights show, "Kinetix." It's a great show with a live band, singers, dancers, crazy acrobatics, and a fireworks finale!

If I could ask for anything at Busch Gardens Tampa...It would be the gradual relocation and elimination of the central employee backstage area, filling in the space with Animal exhibits, future rides, and re purposing at least one building into a dark ride and maybe an indoor "African bazaar"

I personally think BGT and BGW are the crown Jewels of the modern American regional park, but the awkward layout of BGT is something I notice every time I'm there.

And if that ain't happening in a million years...One Interactive Dark Ride please.

I think Busch will hope off the Intamin train for a little bit since this endeavor that is Falcon's Fury. They just did a launch coaster so I can't see a launched B&M anything going there either. Maybe Busch will throw us for a loop an go for something completely new like a Mack or Morgan Mega-Lite. Lightening Run has gotten great reception as well as Alpine Blitz.

I think Busch will hope off the Intamin train for a little bit since this endeavor that is Falcon's Fury. They just did a launch coaster so I can't see a launched B&M anything going there either. Maybe Busch will throw us for a loop an go for something completely new like a Mack or Morgan Mega-Lite. Lightening Run has gotten great reception as well as Alpine Blitz.

I dont think Busch has really been on the Intamin train. They only have two intamin rides (FF, Cheetah Hunt) and BGW has none whatsoever. Plus FF is the only one having major issues.

Which is also a great time to be among some of the first to ride Falcons Fury...

Hey now!

I heard they're making Falcon Fury the up-charge extreme attraction for HOS this year instead of the Experiment. "Screw the water dummies, lets have guests pay us to test it."

I think Busch will hope off the Intamin train for a little bit since this endeavor that is Falcon's Fury.

I don't think the delayed opening of FF will affect Busch's relation to Intamin at all. Building this kind of a prototype they knew that something like this could happen, and there should also be specified in the contract how to handle the delay.

If the ride starts to have very much downtime and problems after going into operation then that could potentially affect their relation.

We'll probably see gwazi get torn down next year and that area not see anything for 3 years at least which is sad since I wanted to see a high-five hill on gwazi with rmc doing the track topper renovation. The other big thing Busch is missing is a track based dark ride( think dar kastle) which I have a cool name for and that would be "Witch Doctor" (Mark Rose take note my I ideas). I'll see if I can get night time pictures of pantopia on Monday.

The other big thing Busch is missing is a track based dark ride( think dar kastle) which I have a cool name for and that would be "Witch Doctor" (Mark Rose take note my I ideas).

I for one would love to see Busch turn African culture into a terrifying, mysterious thing to be feared and possibly shot at with laser guns.

Of course I'll always hope for Intamin, but how about a Mack giga-coaster? It seems within Mack's range given their initial proposal in what became Helix, and their rumored(?) giga-coaster being built in China.

or a launched standup B&M

Now that would be something new (and quite gimmicky). However, as I've said, I actually would like to see B&M building one now. (not that I think that's happening anytime soon)