TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help Design Club TPR's Logo & Membership Card!

^ I really like your new design Gumball, but for me the new font kind of reminds me of a '40's era Hollywood marquee. Try maybe "Charlemagne STD" or "MisterEarl BT" font. They are good looking fonts that read well, but don't look corporate. But I think you are really onto something with this new design.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the feedback. Here is the next build of the logo - I've dropped the color bars across the top and removed the white glow around "Club".

I should have a new version of the card up tomorrow.

Please let me know your thoughts...

clubtpr_logov3.jpg.8cb0a50064eae0554a45e80ac5b5910b.jpg

I am amazed at how talented everyone is and these designs seem to be getting more and more refined. No matter which design or combination of designs is chosen, I have no doubt that TPR will have the best looking membership card around! Thanks for the great work everyone!

Isn't the TPR color in the wrong order?

And the screen names are just a bit too small to read. I'd actually be curious on how thin of strokes we can achieve with their card printer, whether if thinner strokes bleed or not. I'm assuming that the cards will be dye-sub printed on a plastic blank, being capable of not running colors into each other and losing detail.

Borrowing the above logo to see how it fits on this design, which I think it works nicely. The subtle coaster in the TPR blocks fit with my coaster silhouettes I created. I also changed up the font again to that Charlemagne (Pixar Logo) font.

V7-6.thumb.jpg.4d5c158ebe9b7199f8ec4239ebab8689.jpg

More critiques

----

I think this is your most polished design yet. The layout is organized well, and it's very clean and professional, but I do have some nitpicks.

Not a fan of the light rays (very overused and played out in the design world), the supports for the vector coasters are weird and inconsistent in size and pattern, and as others have said, the font doesn't work.

----

EASILY my favorite logo so far!!! Great work!

---

Nothing about this implies anything about what the TPR is about. If I were to see this for this first time, I'd think it was a membership card for an internet or computer related club. It's way too "corporate" and not fun at all.

Don't like the emboss effect you got going on the text, either.

I know I am grosly outnumbered by people who do know what they are doing, but I just wanted to throw my ideas into the box.

EDIT: it seems like the attachtement tool is being mean to me, so here's the picture trough imageshack.

I know it doesn't really matter since it's an example, but isn't 'surname' another word for last name? (And 'given name' what's commonly referred to as 'first name'?)

I wish I had time before Monday to work on some designs of my own...

Edit: Forgot half my thought when I posted (I really should re-read it at least 5 times when I've been up all night...)

^That would be NEXT Monday, the 18 as stated in the first post. You have 10 more days. Made another random logo, still working on how to make a card I actually like lol. Seems theres something amiss with the FTP settings, I keep getting this error "Could not access ftp directory: '/public_html/forum/files'. Please check your FTP Settings.

" Hopefully it'll be fixed when I get back on later today and can upload the image.

Well im really not having very much luck making a logo that you guys like so what else am I to do? I know make more till i get one ya like!

That error specifies that the area of the server that you upload your images to is broken you can post images hosting them at tinypic.com or imageshack.com or host them on your own web server like I have done and just use the codes.

I think the only one that is probably "required" is:

Expires: June 2011

And I think we probably will go with just month/date and spell out the month so it's not confusing for our international members.

--Robb

As one of your international members I would say that that is not absolutely necessary. The members will know what it means it should just be very clear to checking park attendants.

If you make it look as much as possible like a credit card expiration date you will be OK because all the banks use "valid thru 01/12" or dates much like that.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say...even if you have a rough idea, and want to post it, that'd be awesome. You can see a lot of the designs have evolved from what other people have posted, so even if there is a rough concept with one good idea, that good idea could easily work itself into our final design!

----

I dont have the patience to try and make my ideas come to life but I have an idea. I think in the background there should be a pic of Robb and Elissa. Or even better a pic from one of the many TPR trips with a big group of people.

Robb specifically said he did NOT want him and Elissa to be featured on the card, because the club is not about them. A group picture would just look like a weird mob of people once you adjusted it enough to make a proper background element.

-----

Lightguy, first off, thank you for submitting all your entries so far. I feel bad that it feels like I'm constantly a bit negative on your designs. Having said that, this is your most professional looking one so far. And having said that, it still has some issues. The whole sunray/light ray thing is played out, and again I think this design runs into the issue of someone looking at it and not knowing what it is. I see "Club TPR" and I see what I'm assuming are dancing people (or is it an angry mob?) and I think this is a literal dance/night club membership. I think the design needs to convey some sense of a theme park club, even if the design element is very subtle.

-----

Not a big fan of the colors or font. Also the roller coaster in the background seems kinda rough and not "fluid" in the lines you used.

Couldn't help myself. I had to give it another go. I have not used photoshop since I finished my graphic design education, but you have me warming up again.

I really, really, really like the logo from jcrouse (latest version)

here is my new idea. Less cartoony, bit more professional, still says FUN.

[/img]

^ Looks like it says:

CLUB TPR to me...

Going off my original concept that I posted on page 1 in the crappy logo:

You can see that TPR is the main draw and "club" is the addition.

If anything, people entering this contest should be looking at the original concept art we posted and assume "That's what Robb & Elissa wants."

Granted, you are all free to interpret that as you see fit, which has produced some amazing results.

but a GIANT CLUB and a small TPR is not what we are looking for.

Also, the word "Club" in that image above reads as "OIUB" to me.

--Robb

I love Angry Gumball's latest, though I still think there should a non-coaster ride along with the coaster since it's not Coaster Review (maybe that hill in the back could be changed?)

I love coasters, but I love this site because it talks about entire parks. I never would know about the unique darkrides and spinning rides a park has if it weren't for TPR.

Okay, I decided to adopt JCrouse's awesome banner design for my next set of revisions. The separation of the three colors within a manageable and orderly space allow this design to go both ways (light or dark) - something I was desperately missing from the jagged nature of Gadzooks.

Some notable changes to JCrouse's original design - the scalloped bottom and the use of Carlisle for 'club' instead of Gadzooks.

Works equally well on white making the brand much more versatile than my previous design.

The seemingly unchanging version.

And a new lighter version in case white ribbons are out of the question - also good to explore a new avenue. Ironically, the typeface here is "Simpson"

Big thanks to JCrouse for his original concept and William for his graphic screens I've used on these cards.