TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could tear down one coaster

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grizzly at CGA now that Gold Striker is up and running. Not because Grizzly is the worst or roughest coaster in the world, but because it is boring and now pointless being at CGA. Plus something good can go in its place and cross the midway to also use Invertigo's old spot if needed.

After being held in the brake run for 5 minutes while ride ops attempted to keep us entertained...while slowly loading the train in front of us...I say Grizzly, CGA...TAER IT DOWN!!11! I haven't ridden Grizzly in several months (Last time I rode it actually was before Spring Break...and finally re-rode it again yesterday...why I don't know but I wasn't missing anything).

Edited by Angry_Gumball

Shockwave at Kings Dominion! Rode once and will never ride again. When it does eventually close, I will be having the biggest party and celebration for its dismantling!

I couldn't believe they've kept that thing running - I was laughing through the whole ride at how awful it was!

I'd get rid of Roar at SFA. 3 weeks later and my back still hasn't forgiven me.

It'd have to be Ednor at SFLR (Six Flags La Ronde) for me. Building the thing may have been cheap, & not really a waste of money, but it certianly a waste of space, & with a park on an island, like La Ronde, space is key... IMO it doesn't make sense to build a coaster like an SLCS when they already have a B&M invert that is the same height and speed, has the same amount of inversions, and is an overall better ride (at least from what I've been told.. I will find out in a few weeks ).

If SF/La Ronde wanted to build a cheap coaster, at least build one that the park DOESN'T already have... and if they do, build a BETTER one NOT a worse one.

Only one coaster I can think of that fits a valid to remove a coaster is stranding riders for long periods of time. That being said, Stinger at Dorney Park should go. Twice this coaster has made news for stranding riders & its not even halfway through the second season. Add the problems it had at its former park, & this POS should be melted down already.

Mantis at Cedar Point. Mantis is brutal.

You shut your dirty mouth.

Sorry, but Standups in general are pretty terrible. It's hardly worth riding each year I go to Cedar Point. You don't necessarily need to tear it down, just convert it into a floorless or sitdown instead.

Only one coaster I can think of that fits a valid to remove a coaster is stranding riders for long periods of time. That being said, Stinger at Dorney Park should go. Twice this coaster has made news for stranding riders & its not even halfway through the second season. Add the problems it had at its former park, & this POS should be melted down already.
It's strange that GA/DP's invertigo has had so many problems while Kings Island's isn't nearly as temperamental (at least, every time I go, the thing is rarely down).

^Im dead serious that i actually enjoyed Stinger! I felt it was very smooth for a Vekoma....

Anyways, if i could choose one to tear down that i rode it would have to be, New York New York Rollercoaster in Vegas, or shall i say Togo Death Trap

Blow this up, PLEASE

ny-ny-roller-coaster.jpg.a7cc3f071bf7f277fb3fe7f2de91be3e.jpg

• 2 months later...
I would tear down rolling thunder at SFGAdv. In its spot I would put a better wooden racer that actually races!

Wish granted.

As for a serious response, I would probably tear down as many Vekoma SLCs as I could, starting with the one at Six Flags New England. Why the heck are these rides still kicking when they could be replaced with much better inverts? As for SFNE, I could picture a nice B&M invert starting off in its spot and taking its sweet time to go over near the far end of Bizarro.

Why the heck are these rides still kicking when they could be replaced with much better inverts?

Because they provide a decent ride (although rough) in a small amount of space while being reliable and quick to dispatch. Perfect for any small park.

As for a B&M invert at SFNE, keep dreaming.

I understand the part about being small and providing big thrill for the space, but SFNE's version seems to stand out in particular because it's far from a small park. The biggest in the area, in fact. Not to mention, you have a much better Vekoma invert at the other side of the park.

• 1 month later...