TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could tear down one coaster

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going with Vortex at KI. It's such a letdown because it looks so darn cool and sits in a perfect setting, but doesn't deliver anything but a bad back. I think a B&M dive coaster would be money in Vortex's location.

Seat 5-1 my friend...it is amazing how smooth this row is compared to the rest of the train. Once you try it you'll never go back.

Im going with Vortex at KI. It's such a letdown because it looks so darn cool and sits in a perfect setting, but doesn't deliver anything but a bad back. I think a B&M dive coaster would be money in Vortex's location.

Seat 5-1 my friend...it is amazing how smooth this row is compared to the rest of the train. Once you try it you'll never go back.

This is a Liar Liar Pants on Fire situation!!! I never found Vortex to be that rough but when I sat in 5-1, I got my worst ride on it!!!

• 1 month later...
Dania Beach Hurricane at Boomers. Rode it three times in a row. Wanted to kill myself.

Wish granted.

One thing I find shocking is that people don't mention HRRR at Universal. Not that I agree with that (I love that ride so much), but just a little shocked.

I guess I'd tear out Revolution at SFMM, but some nostalgia is making me decide against that statement...

One thing I find shocking is that people don't mention HRRR at Universal. Not that I agree with that (I love that ride so much), but just a little shocked.

Prepared to be unshocked!

I just really don't care for HRRR, its just an OK coaster, nothing really special, I would have rather seen a B&M Hyper put there like Hollywood Dream in Tokyo....Also the coaster while it looks awesome, just ruins the forced prospective and theming of the parks

Anyway, as for a Coaster to tear down, I don't think any, each coaster is a magnificent work of Engineering and I hate to see them go, no matter how bad they are

-Zach

For me, it would have to be Canada's Wonderland's Flight Deck. I know SLCs are notorious for roughness, but this one was way worse than the others that I have been on. At least it was just a 5 minute wait for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Destroy every single terrible coaster at California's Great America and start new with new top quality coasters.

Expect Flight Deck and Vortex of course. But even Vortex needs to go, can't stand Stand Ups.

I have to second this. They could do MUCH better.

Also I'd probably tear down Kong and Boomerang at SFDK and build something better. SFDK doesn't have much room for any coasters, so tearing down these two (the two worst at the park) would provide enough room to get something pretty good. It's about time they got a new coaster (THBS does NOT count as a new coaster, although it is fun).

actually i would want to do 2...

Manhattan Express has the potential in terms of location to be an AMAZING coaster.. just such a shame its a TOGO! I actually think the layout is pretty good.. its just the execution is terrible!! If they were to replace it like for like with an intamin track and coaster combo it would be fantastic!

I say tear down Mantis at Cedar Point and put something that is actually a good ride. That coaster is just too rough; too much head-banging and too much pressure on your legs to the point that you can't even walk straight after getting off the ride.

I totally agree on this one. I experienced Mantis for the first time this past weekend, and as of right now it's my absolute bottom place coaster. Felt like my legs were going to explode!

All of the SLC's

I second that. Those things seem to be put together for the sole purpose of giving you a headache. Is there an SLC anywhere, that doesn't bash your head apart without needing those new restraints, like the ones Great Nor'Easter got?

Update: I forgot about Kumali. I'd make an exception for that one.

I really hope they take down Bizarro @ SFNE. With the open space, they could easily add in several other QUALITY attractions, like a nice, old transported SLC with the old Vekoma restraints that put your head in the prime headbanging-zone that EVERYONE ABSOLUTELY LOVESSS!!!!!1!!!!! They could also put in some other quality designs like another Boomerang, cause the world could always a few more of them and the design is so perfect with the old cars, it makes me cry everytime I ride it because its sooooooo good.

In actuality, tear down Grizzly @ CGA. People ride that piece of crap! Put in something good so people up there will realize they wasted their time going on it.

I wouldn't say tear down, but rather re-track Mean Streak in one of three ways: Give it the Intamin Pre-Fab treatment, give it the topper track from Rocky Mountain, or give it the "Texas Giant" treatment with the Iron Horse track, also from Rocky Mountain. I would definitely give the wrecking ball to Son of Beast and replace it with another coaster; maybe a B&M floorless or another woodie. I almost said Gwazi, but they finally replaced the PTC trains with the Millennium Flyers.

• 1 month later...

So now I've made my REAL decision (two):

Anaconda at Kings Dominion. It was not a smooth ride, and was also pretty tame and unexciting. I say tear it out for a B&M Flying Coaster!

Disaster Transport at Cedar Point. The building is an eyesore and the ride is rather dull. I'd take a GCI over this anyday!