TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

If you could tear down one coaster

It would be a tie between GA Cyclone and Shockwave at KD. But my first choice would be GA Cyclone. Havent ridden it in 2 years because it got so rough. Burn It Down!

Good lord! What is with all the hatred of Shockwave on this thread?! How many stand ups give ejector air?? This one does! It may hand out a jolt or two as well but nothing horrible IMO. There are much worse out there...like Mantis

What exactly is there to like about Shockwave at KD?

The restraints are hard to get into unless you weigh less than 120 pounds, the climb to the top of the lift is painfully slow, the loop is the best part of the ride and that's not saying much, after the loop as you enter the helix if your knees arent already beaten to hell they quickly become beaten to hell, as you go over the bunny hops the little airtime you get is enough to smash a dude's sack into oblivion, and Shockwave has the ugliest color scheme of any coaster on the planet...

Please tell me you're joking.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Good lord! What is with all the hatred of Shockwave on this thread?! How many stand ups give ejector air?? This one does! It may hand out a jolt or two as well but nothing horrible IMO.

Seriously? Have you ridden a good stand up? Shockwave is God awful. I was ok until the helix of death! Coming up and over that airtime hill and being slammed into a 90 degree helix is BRUTAL. I seriously thought I had broken some ribs. Then the short little bumps after that killed my man bits. And on top of all that, I don't think this ride is safe. My whole entire seat you could shake back and forth. It didnt even looked bolted in good. This TOGO death machine deserves to die.

I've ridden many stand-up coasters, and Skyrider at CW is still my favorite...

I fail to see how lifting up out of your seat could possibly crush your "man bits"...unless you are talking about the valleys in between the airtime, in which case, your seat is probably not adjusted correctly.

^Did TOGO make any coasters that weren't painful??

From the one's that I've been on (Shockwave, King Kobra, Viper at SFGAdv, and Manhattan Express) they all have been pretty painful rides...

Some of the Togos in Japan are actually pretty good. Milky Way at Mitsui Greenland is my favorite standup next to Riddler's Revenge.

I would tear down the side of Racer at Kings Island that used to be the forward only side. The side that used to be the backwards side even after the trains were turned forward is smooth for a woodie and fun. However the forward side for as long as i can remember (since age 4 or so) has been, i dare say, rougher than Son of Beast!!!

Im in agreement with the person that said Revolution. That is one painful ride!

Okay, I officially hate this thread now.

Revolution is one the greatest rides ever built. Sure, it sucks now. But it could be completely fixed for less money and effort than it would take to tear it down.

/Yeah, I know. If I hate it, I should stay away.

//Continue to talk about your least favorite coasters in this poorly concieved "taer it down!" thread.

You can't be serious! This thread is full of different opinions and you pick mine to complain about. You can dislike the thread but you have no right to put down my opinion.

^I have to agree with that, Kong is utterly horrible! And I don't like the trains being so long, it's strange. If you sit at either end when you go through an inversion you get this odd feeling of slowing down then catching up. If the trains were shorter it would not be so noticable. Doesn't matter, it still sucks.

Anywho, I'd put Rattler (SFFT) to its death. What a POS.

Seconded. Rode that one for the first time last summer. Don't need to ride it again! I bought a discounted Rattler pilsner glass before I got on the ride. Afterwards I understood why it was only a $1! Lol

The first coaster that sprang to mind was Villain (Geauga Lake), the only coaster that seriously hurt me. But since good sense prevailed, and we saw the end of it in 2007 I'll go for my second choice: X:\ No Way Out (Thorpe Park).

I see two possibilities:

> open up pyramid

> tear out X:\ No Way Out

> replace with other coaster (Even an apple-ride would be better in the dark.)

> close pyramid

two: demolish everything that's there and use cleared space for something useful.

Seriously, am I the only one who didn't think Villain was as rough as many are claiming to be? I was gutted when they tore it down though.

I thought about Manhattan Express or "the Coaster" or whatever they're calling it nowadays,and it's definitely a painful ride,but I thought to myself there's only a handful of coasters in Vegas,so let it stay.

What hurts even more is that it costs $14 for a single ride.

You can ride the Dania Beach Hurricane all day for less than that amount.

Wasn't there a running joke on TPR years ago involving 'TAER IT DOWN!' ? Yes, misspelled.

Older. It's from rec.roller-coaster. Some kid posted that Lakemont should just take Leap-The-Dips, "taer it down," and put in a hyper or something.

Seriously, am I the only one who didn't think Villain was as rough as many are claiming to be? I was gutted when they tore it down though.

When I rode it not the whole ride was bad but the "dip" after the first drop was horrible. I can see your point for some of the rest of the ride. And I understand they tried to fix that part, but I haven't been there after the fix. Was it indeed better after that?

By the way: feel free to remember it fondly. I think that every demolished coaster should have at least one devoted fan.

Flashback at SFNE. It just isn't that great, and with it's new not so hot paint job, it looks worse than ever. I don't see why they put the stock in the ride, when they could invest in something else, like a euro fighter!

TBH, i wish it was still at Kentucky Kingdom, especially now with no more Chang!