TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Recommend an App!

Wes

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinball Wizard! is a fun little video pinball game for iPhone. It was designed by John Popadiuk, who worked on some great late 90s Williams/Bally games such as World Cup Soccer, Theater Of Magic, Tales Of The Arabian Nights, Cirqus Voltaire (clearly is absolute and most awesome game!), and Star Wars Episode 1. Pinball Wizard is just the first step towards more full-featured pinball stuff for iPhone, including a construction set.

Cameron.

Southwest Airlines just launched a free app. Looks pretty good so far, and hopefully it's easy to use to check in for flights through that rather than Safari. You can also set it up to get the "Ding" fares sent to you through the iPhone.

And for the holidays, I've been enjoying playing Santa's Rollercoaster Rush.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Canabalt is an insanely fun and intense side-scrolling game. You can play it online at the link I provided. I've only made it about 4000 meters, but I know people who've done double that.

Cameron.

I definitely second this. Canabalt is crazy hard and addicting, and its totally worth the three dollars.

Oh, and im one of the people you mentioned. Three times your score, actually, almost 4.

• 2 weeks later...

The Where To" app is quite handy to me. It locates all types of services around your immediate location. I put it to the test the other day sitting at IHOP. My gf was looking for a new puppy, we wanted to go to the pound first. I pulled up the app, and once it located me I picked the service I wanted and bam..it brought up the closest pound and gave me the number, a map, directions and the website. I will test it again when I'm in town for WCB.

http://theappleblog.com/2008/12/19/where-to-iphone-app-acquired-by-futuretap/

• 2 weeks later...

Just gonna list a bunch that I have

Photo Studio - This app lets you edit your pictures that you have from background apps, from your computer, and your camera.

FML - Read FMLs

iChuck - Some of the best Chuck Norris jokes I've seen

Pandora - The best music app ever, it has different stations of several music genres, artists, and songs. Get it, its free!

Moron Test - You get three quizs that can be tricky at times.

iMangaX - I don't know how many anime fans are out here, but this is an app that allows you to view over 1,000 manga. There is a free version, and a PRO version. The free version has adds, and runs slower. The PRO version runs faster, and has no adds.

App Genie - This is a bunch of Apps into one.

Live Metallica - If your a Metallica fan, you will like this. You can listen to the latest show and get free downloads of older shows.

Cat Piano - Play this near your cats, and just watch there reactions.

-Matt

For those who like the CoD: WaW Nazi Zombies game, there's a CoD: Zombies app which actually plays surprisingly well for a handheld. Controls are a bit wonky at first unless you're used to playing an FPS using a controller, the transition to touch screen will take a few minutes to get used to if you're a console FPS veteran. There's a lite version that's free, or the full version's like $10 or something like that.

The OpenFeint free game today, Draw Slasher, is surprisingly pretty damn fun. It's just a survival kind of game, you move side to side in a black and white environment and draw a line through enemies to slash through them in a gory, violent way. Get it in the next 3 hours though, or you'll have to pay a buck for it!

• 2 months later...

*puts away shovel after digging old thread*

I happened to come across an app called "Ride Hopper." Not sure if you guys have heard of it or have it but it's a great idea (on paper anyway). Basically, those who have iPhones can input ride wait times while at the park (The app uses your location to tell if you're really in the park). Other users can look up a park and check ride wait times. Flipside is that it can be misleading as for the most part, it shows estimated wait times (completely inaccurate by the way, saw 30 minute wait for Flight Deck, got to the park and it was walk-on all day) possibly due to lack of users. I'd recommend checking it out and if you have an iPhone, to go ahead and use it, help a fellow park goer out!

*puts away shovel after digging old thread*

I happened to come across an app called "Ride Hopper." Not sure if you guys have heard of it or have it but it's a great idea (on paper anyway). Basically, those who have iPhones can input ride wait times while at the park (The app uses your location to tell if you're really in the park). Other users can look up a park and check ride wait times. Flipside is that it can be misleading as for the most part, it shows estimated wait times (completely inaccurate by the way, saw 30 minute wait for Flight Deck, got to the park and it was walk-on all day) possibly due to lack of users. I'd recommend checking it out and if you have an iPhone, to go ahead and use it, help a fellow park goer out!

Ride Hopper is also available for Android in the market, although whether or not it is linked into the iPhone database I have no idea.

Cydia.- a MUCH, MUCH better apps "Store".

Winterboard - allows you to customize your iphone springboard.

SB Settings- Allows you to turn off 3g, Wifi, Edge, data, GPS, adjust brightness levels, and kill apps right from you springboard.

Backgrounder, Pro switcher, and Activator- Allows for Palm Pre multi- tasking on iphone.

Quick Scroll - quickly scroll though web pages

3G Unrestrictor- Allows for Wifi only apps to run on 3G.

Categories- Allow for folders on iphone

iMobileCenima- Allows you to view youtube the way it is meant to be viewed.

iBlueNova- Allows for Bluetooth file transfers on iphone.

^Of course, you'd need to jailbreak your iphone/pod.

On that note, the SNES4iPhone is a nice app, especially if you want to play some old school stuff or homebrew SNES. On that note, any of the [ConsoleName]4iPhone apps are great and play smooth.

Earlier, someone mentioned Sonic the Hedgehog...great app, along with Sonic 2..both play at full speed, reliving the old days of playing Sega.

oh i forgot about Cydia store!!:p.. man this might be one of the highest point for jailbreaking your iDevices.. though it can void your warranty (that's what i heard)

my best app from cydia would be:

Winterboard - it's a MUST have!!!

iClassic - an ipod "emulator"

iB*tch - the most random app ever:P.. im going to play with this one in class hahaha

gPSPhone - a gameboy/gameboy advance emulator that let you play on your iDevices a MUST have:)

SnowCover - a great app=)!!

CyDelete: it can delete apps like when your deleting apps from the app store.