TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America Fright Fest Teacups?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they do it for FF every year.

It's probably one of my favorite re-themes, and possibly even my favorite ride at the park when it's Terror Twister for FF.

Now if only they kept it like this all year round (Maybe minus the fog...It's a little hard to breath form the huge amount they use)

How totally simple, yet really effective. I had no idea they even did this.

--Robb

It's truly an outstanding idea and theme. The only things it involves is black curtains, fog, music, some LCD lights, a strobe light, a new ride sign and a fake DJ stand. The ride cycle itself has no change (aka not more intense) and there is nothing scary for kids. They also improved the ride this year with the new LED lights.

I really love what SF Great America does with their flat rides for Fright Fest. Rue le Dodge does a rock music version of Terror Twister. On top of that the Revolution, King Chaos & Condor (when it runs) use more intense ride cycles. I wish all parks went the extra mile on even simple flat rides.

Yeah they do it for FF every year.

It's probably one of my favorite re-themes, and possibly even my favorite ride at the park when it's Terror Twister for FF.

Now if only they kept it like this all year round (Maybe minus the fog...It's a little hard to breath form the huge amount they use)

It's even better when we fit five of us in the cup and have Cameron spin us! And yes, they could stand to cut down on the fog a little.

Reminds me of what SCBB did with their Breakdance ride, Wipeout. Originally, it was an outdoor ride and they tucked it under the boardwalk and gave it a light package much like this, along with various techno-surf tracks (custom written) and those 2 changes gave a completely different ride experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVn0r-HK4qI&feature=related

Yeah, Terror Twister is insane during frightfest. In fact watching that video I was surprised by how tame it looks! On the ride it really is quite seriously trippy .. They have several music and lighting sequences too, so you can ride several times and get different experiences.

Cameron.

We did something pretty much the same to our Bumper Cars this year for Ghost Lake... Black Covering on the out side of the building with a fog machine, Strobe Lights, Different lights and Music to go with it...

Bumper cars in the dark with the crazy rave party effects on it? That sounds both insane and awesome!

I have to agree though, its this kind of stuff that makes the ride an ENTIRELY different experience. I found Cosmotron at Knoebels to be one of my favorite flats of all time, and that just a pimped out himilaya. Its completely blacked out with a disco ball, fog machines, strobe lights, and ofcourse a musical track blasting in your ears the entire ride. Pure insanity, and I love every second of it.

I really wish I could have gone to GAm this October. GAm has been my homepark, but after starting college I'm too far. (Six Flags St. Louis does a poor job of fright fest IMO.) Terror Twister was ALWAYS a must-ride, and this new set-up is INSANE! Synchronized lighting? New tracks? (Don't get me wrong, Sandstorm is cool and all, but it's old.) That's almost worth the trip home!

Back when Knott's was cool, I believe they did this to their Scrambler year round. But that ride is gone now...I think...

Chris.

I remember their indoor scrambler. It had an under sea theme to it. Lighting wasn't quite as dramatic (but again, it was only 1998 (The Windjammer days) at the time I rode it), just had the typical roller skating rink disco lights going on. Still was a fun experience being whipped around in the dark.

More parks should follow this model, it really spices up what seems like a simple flat ride.