TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GLEE

JEAPUgrad

^ Oooh. You're right. I checked. She features as a "guest star" in any particular episode she's in.

Hmmm. Well....

If Neil Patrick Harris can snag an EMMY for his "guest star" time spent in GLEE.... so can Dot-Marie!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, heres the thing. I like Glee, it is funny and I find most of the music bearable, but there are many songs that I do not want them to cover EVER. GNR is awesome, its fast, its glam metal and its nostalgically awesome. I don't want it covered on Glee. Same with if Glee ever does Metalica or something like that, I will hate it! Glee is glee, they can do pop well, but leave GNR alone!

Even worse Ryan Murphy does come out looking like an ass. What does he respect from a badass like slash, that he would love it? Would Dave Mustaine or James Hetfield like it? No! And Slash is still a relatively household name, he is touring with Ozzy, and everyone seems to like slash, so just cause he says your show is worse than grease take it like a man. It's not like Justin Bieber or Madonna said your show sucked, it was SLASH, does he really not see the difference? There are pop stars and rock stars, and slash is clearly the latter!

Ryan Murphy is a loser. If a band doesn't want their songs covered on Glee, Murphy responds childishly. In the Kings of Leon fiasco, he pretty much called them self-centered assholes just because they didn't want the cast of Glee to cover their songs. He's just a tool.

I agree, heres the thing. I like Glee, it is funny and I find most of the music bearable, but there are many songs that I do not want them to cover EVER. GNR is awesome, its fast, its glam metal and its nostalgically awesome. I don't want it covered on Glee. Same with if Glee ever does Metalica or something like that, I will hate it! Glee is glee, they can do pop well, but leave GNR alone!

Even worse Ryan Murphy does come out looking like an A$$. What does he respect from a badass like slash, that he would love it? Would Dave Mustaine or James Hetfield like it? No! And Slash is still a relatively household name, he is touring with Ozzy, and everyone seems to like slash, so just cause he says your show is worse than grease take it like a man. It's not like Justin Bieber or Madonna said your show sucked, it was SLASH, does he really not see the difference? There are pop stars and rock stars, and slash is clearly the latter!

Yeah, somehow I can't see Glee being able to do GNR or Metallica properly, even if they had permission.

• 2 weeks later...

I was meh about it. Didn't care for the songs. Liked the storyline about Will and Bieste working together to bring the team together. Thought the Sue storyline was way over the top, in a bad way (although it did give me a true laugh out loud moment, when she talked to Brittany about the mommy cannon having fibromyalgia! ) I find that, generally, I don't like the big "stunt" episodes.

I'm interested in seeing where they go with the bully.

I miss Kurt.

^^ *Raises hand* You bet I did! I find Katy's version of that song to be annoying as sin, but Lea's version was outstanding!!

I have to say, when my wife first introduced me to the show, I was a bit skeptical. But I'm a total "Gleek" without a doubt! It's really cool having a show like that where we both really look forward to it every week! The voices the cast has are just fantastic. And I love that this year they are being way more balanced with who gets to sing the numbers. I like Rachel's character, but before it seemed like she sang everything!

By the way, I thought Lea's "America the Beautiful" at the Super Bowl was awesome!

Last night's episode was not one of my favorites, but "Take Me or Leave Me" from RENT was awesome! Rachel and Mercedes knocked it out of the park!

Best quote of the episode for me was from Brittany to Rachel:

"When people look at you, they don't see what you're wearing. They see a cat getting its temperature taken and then they hear it screaming."

Last night's episode was a RIOT!!! I love the fact that Brittany just knocked Ke$ha OUT OF THE FREAKING PARK! Damn, that girl can dance. We all laughed our way through the whole episode. Also - I love the friendship building up between Coach Beist and Mr. Schuster. Just made me smile!

• 2 weeks later...