TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

El Toro Back or Front?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought the front was much better- to me, the air on the first two hills (and the first drop is about the same to me as in the back) is much better than the back. The only part where the back is better to me is the Rolling Thunder hill. Definitely front for me.

This is easy...front!!! True, the wait is significant, but it's worth it. I tried both the front and the back. I didn't find any significant increase in airtime in the back, with the notable exception of the first drop. But, the marvelous view from the front can't be beat. If I ever get back to SFGAdv, I will ride in the front, and only the front.

-Doug

I always find the back of almost every coaster more fun. Personally I want ALL of the first hill. By the time the back gets to the top the front is already partially down therefore they do get the entire first hill of a lot of coasters. Also the back gets whipped around by the front so that makes it a better ride for me. Especially on older wooden coasters.

yep back is sensational, I've ridden once in the front and it honestly didn't feel as "out of control" as the back is. Now I'm not saying it's not intense, but the back on this baby is definitely more intense with the drop and the type of air over the hills. Yes you get great air in the front but their is no sensation like getting whipped over EVERY hill in the back on this ride, the ejector air is unmatched anywhere else. BACK!

I'd normally say the back... but when I rode it this year, it was incredibly rough! I couldn't believe it. I believe that this is the first sign of this coasters eventual demise into a wooden wreck. I am actually going today, and will probably ride again, but will try the front to see how much that has changed too. It used to be such a smooth ride. That first drop was just horrendous the last time out. I was so upset b/c that was my favorite coaster in the park.

I am really hoping so. I was there yesterday, and the lines were incredibly long, and we opted out of El Toro, for another awesome run on Nitro instead. That last time really is just still sitting there reminding me of 200ft of "bangbangbangbang". I was going to try in the middle/front next time because I thought maybe the last car just was bouncing and maybe not all the cars do that.