TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

The height limit for the park is 200 feet from what I've heard. A floorless coaster would be nice but, I think Ed may go for a dive machine or that new type of coaster at garland? Remember, Ed wants something other parks don't have in the ohio river valley. He also likes to be the first person to put something into Kentucky Kingdom that other parks in the United States or this continent do not have.

Interesting idea, however I doubt that's what Kentucky Kingdom is looking for. A floorless coaster would be great, but personally I don't think it would be enough to reboot the park.

A floorless might not, but keep in mind everything else they're doing. Opening the rapids, dueling wooden coasters, and the Mile High Falls. Not to mention, lots of re theming (at least stripping it down) and fixing up the whole park. If Kentucky Kingdom looks anything like Magic Springs, it would be one b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l park!

Remember, Ed wants a record breaking coaster. Something big, and better than Chang, Something that no other park has. So I'll doubt the Led Zepplin will be ride for the park in 2012.

The new ride Ed wants will be place over in the front area of the park. I'm not sure either about a floorless coaster. It just to basic in my opinion. However, weeks ago, Kentucky Kingdom set up a poll on the parks facebook page. The poll asked fans which coaster do you prefer. Many of the fans preferred a sit-down coaster rather than a stand-up, inverted, and also suspended coaster.

Remember, Ed wants a record breaking coaster. Something big, and better than Chang, Something that no other park has. So I'll doubt the Led Zepplin will be ride for the park in 2012.

The new ride Ed wants will be place over in the front area of the park. I'm not sure either about a floorless coaster. It just to basic in my opinion. However, weeks ago, Kentucky Kingdom set up a poll on the parks facebook page. The poll asked fans which coaster do you prefer. Many of the fans preferred a sit-down coaster rather than a stand-up, inverted, and also suspended coaster.

I agree, heck, if Alton Towers who has half the height restriction can build a dive coaster, surely Kentucky Kingdom can build a new creative one. I'd love to see a dive coaster that goes way under ground like Hades--possibly "longest under ground tunnel, 90-degree drop, 90-degree turns, 200 ft drop"

Ed said in one of his videos that the replacement coaster for Chang would be a smaller footprint—not sure if that's the B&M he's referring to or not.

Frankly, I think a B&M is too much coaster for that park. A Eurofighter or a spinning coaster would be a much better investment—at least until the park has been reopened for a couple of years. But more power to him.

Ed said in one of his videos that the replacement coaster for Chang would be a smaller footprint—not sure if that's the B&M he's referring to or not.

Frankly, I think a B&M is too much coaster for that park. A Eurofighter or a spinning coaster would be a much better investment—at least until the park has been reopened for a couple of years. But more power to him.

Chang does have a large foot print, especially because of the lift going awards from majority of the ride and the first inversion loop.

&

I totally disagree about a B&M being too much for Kentucky Kingdom... if you can remember, under Ed Hart management back in the 1990s, the park grew and grew, and it was a thrill park! not a family park that Six Flags created. Ed Hart in my opinion is committed to making Kentucky Kingdom a thrill park once again, with major rides from every corner you turn to in the park. Chang fitted just right into the park in the 1990s and I'm sure the coaster he is planing will do just the same.

but, we need that attraction to bring in more people in-order to make money, and a B&M is the ride needed to bring guest back. We all know this. With a B&M, many would travel miles, especially if it was the first 4-D b&M coaster on this continent. Without Chang, the park seems dead. Many don't seem to come to the park without a ride just like Chang or even better.

... and a great new coaster would keep them coming back. Having a new B&M built back in KK is a pretty big thing and would bring in loads of people, but advertising the free parking and lowered food prices would bring in a pretty good amount of people to the park even without the new coaster.

I just hope that introducing all these things all together isn't going to be too much. New entrance, new parking lot, new coaster, 4 new water slide structures, new play area near roller skater, re-opening Twisted Twins and mile high falls, re-theming and cleaning up the park, etc.

I should have been more specific. I was stating that Bolliger and Mabillard usually make big and intense coasters for parks, and if a big and intense coaster was to be built in KK then it would attract many people because of it's size and the elements on it.

the general public may not know what B&M is, however, they just want to ride something BIG and BEAUTIFUL I may add.

this below is pointless in my opinion but...

Most of the GP don't know what B&M is, but like Chang and Diamondback, many people know that those two coasters were made from the same company because they were both beautiful coasters, and had the exact same style track.

...but like Chang and Diamondback, many people know that those two coasters were made from the same company because they were both beautiful coasters, and had the exact same style track.

No, dude, they don't.

Most people at SFGAm don't even recognize the similarities between four B&M coasters when seeing all of them at the same time.

No offense to our Kentucky/Indiana/Ohio peeps, but come on, the GP there does not know the difference between any coaster! Heck, they don't even know the difference between wood and steel. All KK needs to build is something that goes upsidedown and the GP will eat it up.

Whenever I'm at a hotel in the Holiday World area and I see a family grab a brochure from the rack for SFKK I would hear the same conversation. "Holiday World is nice, but look we need to go back to Six Flags where they have coasters that go UPSIDEDOWN!!!"

None of us knows was the General Public knows, we are all going by are own opinions.

I know what the general public knows, I use to be one! Out of anyone I went to Six Flags Great America with this year, when it's family or friends, no one knew who built what rides. I had to solely tell them who built what.

Heck! I didn't even know Raging Bull or Batman or Superman were built by B&M until about 2 years ago! The track design never came across to my head that the same people built the rides. I didn't even KNOW that different companies build different rides.

I don't think when people in the Louisville area will see the B&M and go "OMG OMG!! It's the box track like Chang!!! This is going to be *amazing!!*"

Just saying

None of us knows was the General Public knows, we are all going by are own opinions.

I know what the general public knows, I use to be one! Out of anyone I went to Six Flags Great America with this year, when it's family or friends, no one knew who built what rides. I had to solely tell them who built what.

Heck! I didn't even know Raging Bull or Batman or Superman were built by B&M until about 2 years ago! The track design never came across to my head that the same people built the rides. I didn't even KNOW that different companies build different rides.

I don't think when people in the Louisville area will see the B&M and go "OMG OMG!! It's the box track like Chang!!! This is going to be *amazing!!*"

Just saying

When you use "I" and I that just your opinion. Btw, you're still apart of the General Public just like all of us.

Theres no need for a debate man, grow up.

Everyone has different opinion, and if thats your opinion from you POV in your eyes, then let it be your POV. Not everyone have the same POV you know.

Theres no need for a debate man, grow up.

Everyone has different opinion, and if thats your opinion from you POV in your eyes, then let it be your POV. Not everyone have the same POV you know.

Practice what you preach.

Let's move on...has Ed discussed the future of Greezed Lightnin', yet?