TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

So my ? is... Robb have you chatted with anyone from the Wooden coaster manufacturers such as GCII, or TGG, and gotten their input on how they feel about RMC make overs, especially if it's one of their coasters?

That's a great question. I'm curious too.

Sorry, but why would they feel any sort of emotion at all, especially if the resulting new ride experience is drastically different? They made their money when they built the coaster initially, and moved onto the next one. It's not like Great Coasters and Gravity Group are going out of business, with M&V continuing to give Gravity Group plenty to play with in China as well as Great Coasters constructing their largest installation in their history there. You can't forget about Gravity Group's kid-sized coasters and that new one in Ireland either.

Also, wasn't it Great Coasters who came in and re-tracked Thunder Run in this very park? Great Coasters might not be making many new installations lately but they are going to town with the upkeep of older wooden coasters.

So my ? is... Robb have you chatted with anyone from the Wooden coaster manufacturers such as GCII, or TGG, and gotten their input on how they feel about RMC make overs, especially if it's one of their coasters?

That's a great question. I'm curious too.

Bumping this, as this is something I'd like to hear about as well.

Sorry, but why would they feel any sort of emotion at all, especially if the resulting new ride experience is drastically different?

You don't think the designers would feel even a slight pang of loss when something they worked hard on for years is made defunct? Sure it's a business but it's not the kind of business you'd be in if you didn't care about what you made.

Sorry, but why would they feel any sort of emotion at all, especially if the resulting new ride experience is drastically different?

You don't think the designers would feel even a slight pang of loss when something they worked hard on for years is made defunct? Sure it's a business but it's not the kind of business you'd be in if you didn't care about what you made.

I'm sure they'd be a bit saddened but still a bit happy that their design still sort of lived on in a way, instead of being completely demolished like they would've been if RMC came along.

Possibly. I'd be a bit disappointed but I'm not sure that I would feel any sort of disdain toward Rocky Mountain Construction, because they're in this business too. In fact, it would only motivate me to make my next design even better.

If anything I'd be more upset with the park for not maintaining my coaster properly in the first place and forcing a complete reconstruction. But, once it opens, it's technically not my coaster anymore.

GG had their biggest year yet in 2015, and GCI has still been building 1-2 coasters per season as they've always done. The demand for traditional woodies is still there especially overseas. I dont think GCI or GG is too worried at this point.

Plus Switchback I think will open up doors for smaller parks to get similar coasters with a small footprint and small budget.

I also think if this Ghostrider rehab turns out well, CF will be doing this to a lot of their raggedy wooden coasters (cough Mean streak)

A Sky Rocket II would be perfect for KK

As much as I would love to see another one of these built I feel that there has been too many of these built in the last few years. Also the one that is going up in ocean city has a much better layout IMO (maybe just because it's a change of pace).

But a custom premier launched would be awesome.

I hope the next coaster we get has a very compact design instead of a out and back ride because we don't enough space for something that takes up that much space.

I'm now a firm believer in making a ride fit in virtually any space, if done right. Especially with a very recent example having opened. There is the Top Eliminator Dragsters strip that's open for something. That space between Thunder Run and River Rapids Ride is pretty dead.