TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Re-ride Roller Coasters

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say a lot of that re-ridability can depend on different factors. Because TPR Hershey Park ERT on Lightning Racer. I couldn't wait for the next dispatch the moment we arrived at the station because it was just THAT much fun. But would I get bored of lightning racer before 5 consecutive rides without TPR member? Absolutely.

So in the context of riding a rollercoaster consecutively without getting bored or slightly bored for 5+ times alone. There isn't much to choose from in my opinion. Storm Runner possibly. Although it's not here anymore, i'd say the only ride I could honestly say that on, is Hypersonic XLC. Just because it's over that fast. Right when I got off of it, I just wanted to go back on because it was like "wait, I missed it, what just happened?"

Phantoms Revenge @ KW: 20+ times in one day and i never got bored of it, it's just too fun to get old, since every seat gives a different ride

(Defunct) Raging Wolf Bobs @ Geauga lake: My #1 wooden coaster, and now honorable #1, i could ride it over and over to the point of losing count and never have a bad ride

This is easy. Millennium Force.

It's a nice, long ride, very smooth, lots of good wind, no jerky moments, and everyone on the coaster is excited to be there.

Any B&M Hyper is good for the same reason.

I wouldn't want to do a long marathon on a coaster where I would need to keep some sort of focus so i don't thrash my head against the OTSR when I'm not paying attention. Most coasters have a moment you need to brace for, that you need to be paying attention to. I think I could just as easily go to sleep on Mforce as get a big adrenalin rush from it.

Of course, I'm talking about a 24 hour marathon or something like it. I and everyone else could handle almost anything for a few hours of ERT, any Beemer or Intamin, most woodies built after 2000, but nothing like GA Cyclone or The Beast (or any jerky kiddie coaster!).

Ravine Flyer II, both the ride itself and how accessible rerides are. I can get 15+ rides on a normal visit to Waldameer if I want.

And with my recent trip, I can easily say Boulder Dash as well. Over 35 rides in the two hours I was at the park. I have proof. Below is the operator's count of empty seats during the 3 o'clock hour. Each 23 is me alone in the front seat. Halfway through some employees came for one ride, but didn't take the front. I just returned to the station, was asked if I wanted to go again, and away I went. Plus one as I made a credit sweep of the park, and I distinctly remember counting 7 during another ride streak (and I rode more in that streak). Too bad the park closed at 4pm for weather. The next day I left Six Flags New England early for about 20 more rides. I love Boulder Dash!

26boulderdash.jpg.fe9b539a077681eaa8adf428234e5d18.jpg

26 rides on Boulder Dash in one hour.

I gotta go with The Raven at HW for wood. I rode 12 consecutive times without a problem and could have gone more, but the kids were ready to leave.

For steel, my pick would be Adventure Express at KI. However, that's kind of a gimme because the multiple lifts give you a break during the ride.

I've done Viper at Darien Lake quite a few times in a row without getting off. I'm not sure just how many times, but it was a lot.

It's difficult to re-ride this particular ride when there is a line. The exit spits you out on the opposite end of the ride and you have to do a good deal of walking just to get back on.

I could easily ride MF all day long. Griffon, Apollo's Chariot, Volcano, Space Mountain, Montu, and Talon are easy rerides also.

Gemini & Lightning Racer I could reride many times as well so long as there is a group of folks on BOTH trains. I love the rides but the interaction with "racing" another train just adds to the fun and makes you want to go around again.

Honorable Mention goes to Dueling Dragons for similar reasons.

I could not and would not ever do multiple rides on Kumba as many have mentioned - I really did not care for this ride at all. Also no way I can do more than about 4-5 rides in a row on launchers like TTD & Storm Runner.

While I wouldn't call Kumba the most re-rideable coaster, it is awfully fun to get 4 laps in by yourself first thing in the morning. ...With only having to get up once.

As for my top 10 re-ride coasters, it would have to El Toro, S:ROS (SFNE), Phoenix, MF, Phantom's Revenge, Ravine Flyer II, Montu, SheiKra, and Dueling Dragons.

A lot...

- Bizarro (SFNE)

- Goliath (SFOG)

- El Toro

- Magnum XL-200

- Boulder Dash

- Superman Krypton Coaster

- Mind Bender (SFOG)

- Phoenix

- Lightning Racer

- Griffon

- Patriot

- Raging Bull

- Hydra

- Talon

- Georgia Scorcher

- Gemini

- Prowler

- Screamin' Eagle

- Raven

- Wicked Twister

- Big Bad Wolf

A few off the top of my head

Viper - SF Great America

V2 - SF Great America (only with the holding break off)

Evel Knievel - SF STL

Mr. Freeze - SF STL

Raptor - Cedar Point

Corkscrew - Cedar Point

Diamondback - Kings Island

Flight of Fear - Kings Island

The Beast - Kings Island

Raven - Holiday World

Wild Thing - ValleyFair!

Montu - Busch Garden Tampa

I'm gonna be a total groupie here and go with Terminator at SFMM. Yes, we just had our ERT, and yes, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. The ride is pure *FUN* and doesn't get you sick...unless your that guy that spewed all over row 6 at the beginning of our ERT.

Chris.