TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT/RCT2 Help Thread

I'm starting my selection of objects for my next park but I don't want any expansion pack requirements for it. I'm trying to uninstall the expansion packs but I get bizarre error messages as I try to do so.

When I try to uninstall Wacky Worlds, I get a message something like "an installation support file 'C:\AppData\Local\Temp\{B1AD83A0-41E3-B111-E9472349768C}\CommonDLG.bmp' could not be installed. The system file cannot find the file specified." This shuts down the uninstall process and I can't get past this.

When I try to uninstall Time Twister, I get a message saying "An error (-5006 : 0x80070002) has occurred while running the setup. Ple ase make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Atari, Inc.."

It doesn't matter which expansion pack I try to delete first. The messages are constant. I also tried the third party uninstaller Revouninstaller. I also sent a ticket in to Atari but there's been no help from them, and I've waited weeks.

Alas, I can't get rid of these expansion packs now. I run Vista Windows but I've uninstalled these expansion packs before without issue.

Help please?

^Try to make selections, and then give the scenario for people to test it.

Or just buy RCT2 again, it goes for about 5 dollars in some general stores.

My question for everyone here is that; How can I get 8cars and RCT2 to work together in vista? I want to make a little park in the game, but this has been a big restriction for me.

^Some of the features like merging will never work, but the majority of them will if you run your computer in WIndows Classic mode (left click desktop, properties, themes)

And then disable the UAC: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=how+to+disable+uac+on+vista&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=how+to+disable+uac&gs_rfai=&fp=699b07aefa0d9cc

And you should be good to go.

And I have a problem of my own....while working in scenario editor, my small scenery selection freezes up...as in I can't scroll down to select or deselect any scenery items. I don't have this problem with any of the other tabs. But small scenery is basically the most important one! Anyone have any solutions?

I am looking at buying RCT2 after seeing some of the great parks on here and not being able to find my copy. My question to the TPR hive mind: should I bother with the expansions? If I remember correctly, I never bought them since they seemed like crap. Is this the case?

I'm kind-of a newb, and I don't know what files I need to play the game and which ones to delete. Is there any easier way?

uninstall the game, but before you do that, make sure that you copy your object folder, and from there, find a program called the Dat preview application and use that to see what you want to keep, or what you want to get rid of. I believe the RCT2 Object list has it.

I am looking at buying RCT2 after seeing some of the great parks on here and not being able to find my copy. My question to the TPR hive mind: should I bother with the expansions? If I remember correctly, I never bought them since they seemed like crap. Is this the case?

I wouldn't buy them, except maybe for playing through the scenarios, but otherwise I'd agree that they're mostly crap.

Having the expansions can make sharing your parks difficult, since many people don't use them. So if anything from an expansion finds its way into your park, you've probably excluded a good portion of your potential audience. Also, I think the Rct2 standalone disk may be more trainer/hacking friendly than the Rct2 version that includes the expansions.

In short, the expansions are okay if you're just playing scenarios or viewing parks, but they're a bad idea if you're making parks to share with others.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help

I selected a bunch of scenery while in the scenario editor, but half of it is not showing up in the scenery toolbar. I stayed under the limit for all 3 scenery selection places (for example, i stayed under 250 for the first one) but I still have this problem. can somebody help me?

It could be that you have too much scenery that doesn't fit into any particular group, so that it's all ending up in the "?" category. If you have too much scenery in that tab, some of it won't show up. If this is the problem, I'd recommend choosing scenery groups that cover more of your selected objects.

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my rct2. I downloaded some attractions and new rides, then I moved them into "objdata". But when I load a saved game, I do not find these new attractions. I would like to introduce them in parks that I have already saved before, to improve and make them more attractive.

I have also tried with "create a scenrio from an existing park", but I can't modify it to make these new rides and attractions.

Thank you all for your replies and help, and sorry for my English, I'm French n_n

As an RCT fan I once was, what we were given in the two expansions was a massive kick in the groin. I don't think anyone was asking for countless re-themed rides being considered as individual rides. What they should've done was add even more rides and theme types just like they did with the core game. However, I didn't really see the point with all the oriental food stalls.

Still, they could've made even more different rides and attractions for both expansions, and none of all that re-theming. RCT2's expansions should've been just like RCT1's expansions, giving much more satisfying content. I'm not sure if making waterparks were feasible with the game's 2d grapics, but they should've included more variety.