TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Not to be a negative nellie, but if they're going to go through the trouble of even doing these videos - why not make them 3-4mins and show some actual footage of the ride/construction?

It seems like they're more concerned about how to insert their social media icons than they are actually showing off the ride (and the progress being made).

Again, just seems like a waste - all the quick cuts leave viewers having to pause and stare at a still (VS, let's say, showing them bolting in some track or installing a car on the train).

I'm speaking of the "Demon viewing area" (there was a sign for it) which was under one of the corkscrews, near the old waterfall and blood fountains I'm thinking it was taken out around the time of Splash Water Falls.

Are you talking about the area in the lower right hand of this picture?

I think that's it. I just remember it around and/or merging with the Splash water falls exit. The vivid part for me was the sign stating it was the "Demon viewing area."

Whoaaaa... didn't expect my comment about playing hooky from school to being a discussion regarding the current education system. I think this just proves the Coaster Community DOES care. Regardless of where you stand when it comes to skipping school.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure the "logistics" behind a last minute trip to Chicago. I'm very comfortable utilizing Chicago's commuter trains and public transportation. Any suggestions for the best way to get from downtown to SFGAm if I'm not renting a car? I'd like to take the train out of St. Louis, as The 9YO Coaster Kid still has a fascination with anything that moves via rails, and stay somewhere within walking distance to Union Station.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Do you not own a car? Driving will be 10 times easier.

Read again, Negative Nancy...

My boy LOVES trains. This is for him. Easy is not always the most enjoyable option when it comes to making memories with the kids, and it's well worth the trouble. Don't be such an arse.

Who's the "Arse", dude?! I was literally asking if you owned a car, since you said something about renting one. I'm not sure how that is being negative at all. Do I have to put a freaking smiley on everything I say?

Anyway, I'm trying to figure the "logistics" behind a last minute trip to Chicago. I'm very comfortable utilizing Chicago's commuter trains and public transportation. Any suggestions for the best way to get from downtown to SFGAm if I'm not renting a car? I'd like to take the train out of St. Louis, as The 9YO Coaster Kid still has a fascination with anything that moves via rails, and stay somewhere within walking distance to Union Station.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

It can be done, you would just have to do a few transfers. You'd have to walk from Union Station to Metra Ogilvie Transportation Center, which is only 3 blocks. Take the Metra Union Pacific North line to Waukegan. You can then take a Pace bus from the Metra station to the park. The SFGAm bus stop is at Grand Ave and Six Flags Drive, so you'd still have to walk down Six Flags Drive to the park entrance. All easy to do without a rental car.

Just FYI- Bus fare is $1.85 each way for an adult, and your 9 year old is $0.85. Metra train fare is $6.75 each way for an adult, and $3.25 for your child.

The information is much appreciated, thank you!

No problem at all! If you have any other questions feel free to ask or send me a PM. I did forget to mention one thing. I'm not positive about the Pace bus, but if you buy a ticket on the Metra train it is cash only. Your best bet is to buy round trips for the 2 of you at the ticket counter in Ogilvie- they will accept any credit cards. If you happen to be going on a weekend you can just get a $7 Metra weekend pass which is good for unlimited rides Saturday and Sunday. Make sure to let us know how the trip went!

My guess would be they start testing the ride Monday nonstop until Wednesday night when they can have the state inspect for media day. they will test it Friday and then have a ERT for season pass holders Saturday and Sunday. They will open the ride to the public either Monday after the ERT from 11:59-2 or they will open it Tuesday. This is just a guess I am not a ride operator or work for the theme park that is just an educated guess. They will probably have the time line on the next email we get on Wednesday.

My guess would be they start testing the ride Monday nonstop until Wednesday night when they can have the state inspect for media day. they will test it Friday and then have a ERT for season pass holders Saturday and Sunday. They will open the ride to the public either Monday after the ERT from 11:59-2 or they will open it Tuesday. This is just a guess I am not a ride operator or work for the theme park that is just an educated guess. They will probably have the time line on the next email we get on Wednesday.

that is just an educated guess

I am not a ride operator or work for the theme park

educated

Sorry, all in good fun. It was just too good to pass up, haha.

I'm speaking of the "Demon viewing area" (there was a sign for it) which was under one of the corkscrews, near the old waterfall and blood fountains I'm thinking it was taken out around the time of Splash Water Falls.

Are you talking about the area in the lower right hand of this picture?

I think that's it. I just remember it around and/or merging with the Splash water falls exit. The vivid part for me was the sign stating it was the "Demon viewing area."

I also recall there being an American Eagle viewing area, which I think went away when they brought in the Wiggles World (or has it been gone all the way back to when they moved Big Top? I'm not sure).

image.thumb.jpg.e62dd1954768006147e92c13552f3b5a.jpg

Here we go... Ive lived in both gurnee and chicago for 14 years. There is no such thing as day long/week long thunder storms. There might be a chance all day ling and some sudden downpours but nothing crazy. This could be a problem though..

Thrillseekers (the gift shop Goliath will exit through) opened up today. It includes Goliath apparel (shirts, hoodies, jackets), hats, cups/mugs, lanyards, keychains, pins, and gladiator themed costume pieces. Also, there WILL be an on-ride photo. The photo booth is located inside the gift shop. Overall, it looks much larger on the inside than it originally seemed in my opinion. It's not overflowing with unnecessary and irrelevant things, it's strictly all Goliath.