TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Speedos

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I unfortunately received a chain letter w that lady's pictures all over it. If you do a google image search, old woman with boob job in bikini...I think that will bring her lovely image up.

In return for that picture, the sender got this:

...Thank you for helping me with my springtime-diet....!

Like said before, here in Europe, Speedos are totally normal, they are no sign of sexual orientation.

I prefer Board-shorts, but when visiting a public pool or for most of the waterparks here in Europe, you have to wear Speedos, so for us Europeans it´s hard to understand why the Americans have such a problem with them!

What I don't get is why it's apparently a local law that you MUST wear Speedos at Walibi Belgium. They claim it's for hygiene, but they never give a really good reason for why Speedos are more hygienic.

^I think that is exactly their reason. But I don't see how it makes much of a difference with all the chlorine that's in the water. All hair in the water is gross, but that's why you have filters.

I'm not going to go into gruesome details, but there are much, much grosser things going on when people swim together.

Yeah, over here they also demand people to wear them because of "hygiene reasons" (like I said before).

I guess that one possibility why that is so, is that they prefer you to wear something else when you go swimming, than e.g. the same shorts you might wear in your everyday life, as those could 'bring something' into the water.

^^It may not be the 'hair' issue. The reason that they make babies wear swim diapers isn't for any other reason then to 'hold in solids'. Maybe they don't trust the Euro Men not to poop in the water?!!?

Seriously though, I totally don't understand how they can claim it's for hygiene as even if someone poops and the speedo keeps it in the water is still filtering through it!!!

Pools are disgusting, there are big outbreaks every year due to them. You just have to try not to get the water in your mouth and make sure to wash your hands a lot!!

It's not going to stop me from going!

"Please don't be over 50." (Team Thriller)

Not everyone over 50 looks bad. I've seen some under-30 types who...well, I don't want to make Terry miss another meal...

Eric "who will be 50 in August, BTW" L.

Maybe they don't trust the Euro Men not to poop in the water?!!?

I guess, the real reason is, that European Men have the perfect bodies and they are man enough to prove it!!!! (...don´t take me too serious!!!)

Gerd "European-but-wearing-Ron-John-Board-Shorts-because-they-are-more-comfortable" Müller

"Please don't be over 50." (Team Thriller)

Not everyone over 50 looks bad. I've seen some under-30 types who...well, I don't want to make Terry miss another meal...

Eric "who will be 50 in August, BTW" L.

I know there a few older guys that give the younger guys a run for their money. If anything, I was speaking to a photographer that takes erotic photos (How do I know all these people?) and he was saying how the younger guys aren't taking care of themselves as well as they used to.

^ Ditto for me.

^^ I agree. I've seen some pretty sorry bodies out there---on young people, too. You have to wonder what they'll look like when they are older. However, on women, I actually find a one-piece swimsuit to be more attractive, as it leaves something to the imagination.

Eric

Seriously though, I totally don't understand how they can claim it's for hygiene as even if someone poops and the speedo keeps it in the water is still filtering through it!!!

I didn't want to get into this, but yes, exactly. Pathogens like viruses and bacteria are "microorganisms", which means that they'll go right through any bathing suit, even a Speedo, because they're much smaller than the little holes between the fibers of the bathing suit.

I think in the UK we are pretty anti-speedos now. 10 or 15 years ago you would have been fine wearing them at a public swimming pool, now? No chance. The only time I have worn them in recent years is for proper swimming ie racing, wear swimming shorts are just too heavy.