TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Knotts Berry Farm Commercials

Ok this may not need it's own topic, but this has really been bugging me and I haven't seen an answer on the site yet.

The new Knotts commercials advertise '10 roller coasters' in the park, however, I for the life of me, can only think of 9. RCDB seems to agree with me on that figure. Is there another ride that they are considering 'part coaster,' maybe like Perilous Plunge?

If anybody has some insight on this claim, I would really like to know. Thank you much!!!

Chris.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I've been lucky the times I've gone during this time of the year because I've lucked out with minimal crowds. But keep your fingers crossed for me to keep my lucky streak alive. Also I'm looking forward to those yummy BBQ ribbs and roasted chicken... Can't wait for that neither!

Perhaps they count Calico Mine Train? One could easily argue it is a powered coaster (for the record: I don't consider it one).

I heard somewhere (I wish I could remember where) that the Calico Mine Ride was entirely gravity powered and the driver only had control of the brake. That could help explain why they need a chain lift in the middle of the ride. I guess that could make this a poor man's scenic railway but I don't really consider it any more of a roller coaster than a Log Flume. In fact, Splash Mountain has a roller coaster section and I don't even consider that a coaster.

Perhaps they count Calico Mine Train? One could easily argue it is a powered coaster (for the record: I don't consider it one).

I heard somewhere (I wish I could remember where) that the Calico Mine Ride was entirely gravity powered and the driver only had control of the brake. That could help explain why they need a chain lift in the middle of the ride. I guess that could make this a poor man's scenic railway but I don't really consider it any more of a roller coaster than a Log Flume. In fact, Splash Mountain has a roller coaster section and I don't even consider that a coaster.

I'm guessing you're referencing the double down?

I don't really think that Calico Mine Ride should be counted as a coaster, which takes their total down to eight, by my count.

I also can't say I enjoy Cedar Fair's new advertisement campaign. It reminds me of Del Taco's new campaign... except for it works in Del Taco's case. I also don't think that Knott's is the caliber of park that should be advertised as a "ride warrior" dream. Yes, they have coasters, but there's certain small nuances (which disappear by the day, from what I hear) that make it more than a coaster park.

I don't know that I'm making sense, but what I'm trying to say is that Knott's DOES NOT have ten coasters and shouldn't advertise themselves as having that.

Although, Cedar Point did say that Superman wasn't a coaster when Magic Mountain held the record.

Sincerely,

R.C.

Total lie. The entire Mine Ride is powered. The operator does more than control the brakes.

As for elusive 1o, hmmm...

Jaguar

Zoom

Xcel

Boomerang

Pony

Sierra Sidewinder

Silver Bullet Ghostrider

Timberline Twister

I've heard (idiots) claim that Supreme Scream is a coaster. Total bullcrap, but they might be trying to promote it as such. That still only brings it to nine.

They have to be counting Perilous and Supreme Scream. It just doesn't make sense, but thats Knotts for you. I think they wanted to make it a nice round number to make it seem like they had more. We were all talking about this at Xcelerator today and thats what we came up with