TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Fast Food thread

ebl

I am fine with A&W

We went to the local A&W at the end of the summer the food was baaaad and it was priced the same as a sit down table service place. We will not be going back.

Ouch at the cost.

BTW - is A&W an American franchise? Or a Canadian one?

It has been around here for as long as I remember, from my high school days.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else try the new Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell today? I found it to be even tastier than the Nacho Cheese flavor.

Tried one today with some friends! I thought it added a lot more to the taco because of the shell, and because Cool Ranch are my favorite chips, but my friends liked the Nacho Cheese shell better.

I did go out and try one tonight! I really liked them, but thought they needed more of the cool ranch seasoning. I like cool ranch chips more than the nacho flavored chips, but the nacho taco shells have tons more seasoning than the Cool Ranch ones.

I am fine with A&W

We went to the local A&W at the end of the summer the food was baaaad and it was priced the same as a sit down table service place. We will not be going back.

Ouch at the cost.

BTW - is A&W an American franchise? Or a Canadian one?

It has been around here for as long as I remember, from my high school days.

It started in California and is now two separate companies for the U.S. and Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Using the Robb scale...

I left out smaller chains and pizza chains that I don't really consider "fast food" like Pizza Hut (which is crap by the way).

1:

Chick Fil A (I hate myself for it but it's a great sandwich)

Dunkin Donuts (all of their food sucks but their lattes more than make up for it)

Pink's Hot Dogs (I had this for the first time at the original location a few weeks ago and it was heaven)

Roy Rogers (I was told only the NJ locations have curly fries, Roy Rogers locations without curly fries like days without sunshine)

Cinnabon

Dairy Queen (only for the Blizzards)

Coldstone

2:

McDonalds (probably the most well rounded fast food place)

Subway

Taco Bell (It tastes good, so I try not to think about it and just eat it)

Jersey Mikes

Boston Market

Panera Bread

Panda Express

Nathan's (no love for Nathan's in this thread?)

3:

Burger King (the coke icees are great, other than that they change the menu every 5 minutes and it's different across the country)

In N' Out Burger (what's the appeal of this place? the food is mediocre at best)

KFC

Del Taco

Sonic

4:

Bojangles (Your sweet tea sucks, get over yourselves)

Cook Out

Carl's Junior

Hardees

Wendy's

White Castle

Five Guys

Sbarro (when I'm not in NY, Delaware or at Knoebels but want a pizza I go here, it's not great... but it's way better than the alternatives. I didn't include Chicago because I've never been there but hopefully will go soon)

5:

Little Caesars (I'm from NY and have no tolerance for terrible Pizza)

Papa Johns (See above)

Domino's (This should be considered a weapon of mass destruction, not a pizza. And yes I've tried the "new" Domino's... this makes Papa Johns and Little Caesars look like Lomardi's)

Jack In The Box (It should be illegal to serve this to people)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My list has changed significantly over the past 6 months, primarily because of the results of my last cholesterol test. The only two fast food places we regularly visit are:

1) Arbys

2) Subway

Both because it's easy to find healthier choices there like a side salad at Arbys instead of their curly fries. If I had to pick my favorite fast food place, it is Steak 'n Shake although I haven't eaten at one in over 6 months.

• 8 months later...