TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cruising with Theme Park Review 2008!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruise was awesome! I'm always looking into the possibility of a TPR Cruise, but we never get enough interest. We'll do one eventually though, so email me if you're interested and I'll keep you in the loop!

The more I see of cruises, the more I like the idea. And cruising with you all would be great! Will have to set some cash aside and do some research, but definitely interested. Will email you soon, and thanks.

And for the record, Elissa did not order three desserts...Elissa was out with the baby and somehow my place setting ordered three desserts that were then eaten by Robb and Joey...interesting, wonder how that happened!!!!

Hmm--I doubt that even Sherlock Holmes could solve this one.

And for the record, Elissa did not order three desserts...Elissa was out with the baby and somehow my place setting ordered three desserts that were then eaten by Robb and Joey...interesting, wonder how that happened!!!!

Ohhhhh, Big Mike loves the first person narrative!!!

Ohhhhh, Big Mike loves the first person narrative!!!

I think that's actually third person narration.

Ok.. my laughing out loud at the FlowRider video brought Sam running from the other room. I had to start it over and then she started laughing.... Kudos to Janice for giving it a try. We have that wave thingy at KI and I refuse to do it for fear of A) looking stupid and B) monster wedgies.

The cruise and port trips looked amazing... so jealous.

Shari

Ok.. my laughing out loud at the FlowRider video brought Sam running from the other room. I had to start it over and then she started laughing.... Kudos to Janice for giving it a try. We have that wave thingy at KI and I refuse to do it for fear of A) looking stupid and B) monster wedgies.

The cruise and port trips looked amazing... so jealous.

Shari

I can atest to the *ahem* monster wedgies.

Out here in Vista-land we have a Flow rider at "The Wave" water park. Learn that lesson once... and only once.

NICE

I was on this same ship in Sept.2007

I love the 4 overhanging Jacuzzi

Booked again on its sister ship for 2009

and on the Upcoming Worlds biggest ship

the OASIS of the Seas set to sale in 2010

it holds 6000 people

2 flowriders

a zipline

A boardwalk with carousel

a Central park with grass

take a look www.oasisoftheseas.com

ZIP LINE \/

two flowriders \/

its going to be berthed at Ft. Lauderdale FL.

which is good since its cheaper to Fly to then it is Miami.

Yes give it 5 years and Carnival will try to Up Royal Caribbean with hopefully a coaster.

that would be cool say from the very top diving into the ship 18 stories

lets see a Nolimits design of that

Sooner or later, one of these ships is going to add a kiddie coaster and I will be so there for that!

Peace, Big Mike

I have visions of Big Mike flying in via helicopter, leaping onto the deck, whoring the kiddie coaster, then zipping back to port on a rocket-powered jet ski.

Sooner or later, one of these ships is going to add a kiddie coaster and I will be so there for that!

Peace, Big Mike

I have visions of Big Mike flying in via helicopter, leaping onto the deck, whoring the kiddie coaster, eating half of his weight at the midnight buffet, then zipping back to port on a rocket-powered jet ski.

Fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

^We don't have a cruise booked on the Oasis yet. On a ship so new and different, I first like to hear what everyone has to say. See what cabins are good/bad, let them shake down a few things, etc.

For example when Royal Caribbean first started these crazy new ships they charged for Ice Skating, Rock Climbing, etc. Then a few months later it was decided to make all of that stuff free.

I could see us doing Oasis (or her sister Allure) in 2011 but not before.

Oh, and we also wouldn't sail the Caribbean during summer, too hot!!!

• 4 weeks later...
And now! The final installment of "Cruising with Theme Park Review 2008!"

How about a little bit of Flow Rider video?

[tprtv]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=flowrider_1[/tprtv]

Be sure to watch the most epic wipeouts ever! (Elissa’s mom has a good one!)

I was just looking through some of our past trip reports and I ran across this Flowrider video from our Cruise last Christmas. Man I can't wait to do the Flowrider on Royal Caribbean again in March!!!

--Robb

My parents were on a Royal Caribbean cruise (Grandeur of the Seas?) a few weeks ago and sailed right past the Oasis. My Dad couldn't believe how MASSIVE it was! We've been on multiple cruises (I'm with Elissa on doing a TPR one!) so I trust his opinion on how amazing it looked.

He took a zoom shot of the rock climbing wall...6 stories high! I've got a feeling that their next cruise will be on the Oasis.

I love this update, had a great time looking through it again!