TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Terminator Salvation: The Ride

robbalvey

other rides have been even farther from the entrance and they never walked us back to the ride at opening.

Chris.

What rides are farther away? I guess Deja Vu is but I don't recall a big rush there even in 01.

I'm guessing that guests will be entering AND exiting the area across that bridge? Maybe being bit wider would help, though I'm sure there will be chains/bars dividing the entering and exiting crowds.

Eric

I don't know why but I thought the ride would exit by the Deja Vu entrance.

From the look of it, I'd actually say that the exit could be near Deja Vu based on the opening supported by steel right next to Deja Vu's cobra roll.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Sincerely,

R.C.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a look today at some upcoming theming that they just brought in backstage. Its great looking, sorry i cant elaborate on it really but being an employee i don't want to risk my job. But believe me its some really cool looking stuff. And the station fly through is just about done, pretty much the whole circuit is just about done. I can't wait

^Thanks! You're Fired!

I don't think anyone should be doubting the theme if it's made by the same people on the set of the movie! I hope they do a sleep over again for this coaster! I got my acoustic guitar and smores reading for when it comes!

On page 130 Xpress said:

And is it just me, or is there a banking wobble in the turn on the right in robbs pic?

Themeparkman25 followed up with:

I noticed that too on the first picture robb posted on this page, to the right of dead mans turn (I think that is what it is called right?) Could just be the picture angle though, but that still wouldn't explain it if it doesnt look smooth. Interesting.

The reason for that "wobble" is simple and intentional: at the spot where the track flattens there will be an increase in the lateral forces. It's meant to give riders the sensation that they are being thrown off the curve.

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the site! We are glad you are posting here and so excited about the Terminator coaster. However, please do be sure to read our POSTING RULES thread. Be sure to pay attention to rule #5, regarding posting for postings sake.

Regarding the size of the entrance bridge you have to remember that there are regulations in building code that ultimately determine how large paths have to be in case of emergency. Now I'm not sure of the size tolerances in this particular case, because I think it's based on the capacity of the area it feeds, but I'm sure the fire marshal will let them know if it is indeed too small. To add to that, I imagine there will be emergency exits in different areas througout the rides perimeter. Geeez, if that bridge were the only acsess in and out of the area, and something like a fire were to happen, could you imagine the trampling that might come from a few hundred people in a panic? That could be very bad!

Each "lane" of a queue has to be 4 feet wide and there has to be an egress route. If the bridge is used as part of the queue, it doesn't look like there can be anything more than 2 lanes+egress route. But if it just serves as the entrance to the area and feeds into the queue, it will probably work. Though I agree that if the area is as high traffic as SFMM is hoping, with typical guest traffic jams...just based on how things look now, the potential for a "clusterf*ck" is high.

^ from the sounds of how they briefly described it at WCB it sounded like the bridge will bring people over the river into I guess you could say a plaza where the queue will start. I assume that the space in between the two turns will be the exit. But that is just a conclusion that I have come to.

And who knows maybe there will also be a pathway that will head along the storm drain to Deja Vu? I guess only time will tell.

I wonder if they will go for simple railings over the bridge or put up walls ala the bridge over by Deja. Lots of folks dont even realize the canal is in that area due to how the walls cover it all up.

I remember back when Psyclone opened and they had the extended queue run behind the chili dog stand. I wonder if they will have to open it back up this summer as the area gets more traffic. I'm also curious to see how the Terminator queue shapes up, especially what kind of extended queue set up they are going for.

Welcome to the site! We are glad you are posting here and so excited about the Terminator coaster. However, please do be sure to read our POSTING RULES thread. Be sure to pay attention to rule #5, regarding posting for postings sake.

Im sorry, now that I know the rules this is not going to happen again. By the way, thank you for the welcome, Im really glad to be part of you

^Only one way to be completely sure.

On another topic, I do tend to agree that the bridge is narrow, however if bridge makes up part of the line itself I don't think it will be a big deal. Also I was under the impression that the exit would be over near Deja Vu, just seemed like a logical place for it. Finally is the area itself still being called Cyclone Bay, seems that this might be a good time to consider a name change.

^ I can't wait to see what that bathroom will looks like. I almost peed my pants at WCB because there is no bathroom near that area now! I had to dash to Riddler's Revenge.

I think he mentioned that a lot of the older buildings in Cyclone Bay will get and updated look like with what they did to Los _____(Something) Mexican food

^^ He mentioned somewhere under Terminator's track you will enter a building with a 100 foot tunnel with all the pre-show business.

^ Los Cuates Mexican Grill. The tacos ain't bad there, actually.

What I'm looking forward to is that once you enter the pre-show buildings, you aren't supposed to see the light of day till you're in the actual station. At least that's what Tim said during the tour.

Eric

^I know the preview of the ride just shows a generic wooden coaster station, but I hope it too is themed as well!

We are getting really close to the opening (Well the date atleast) I find myself thinking about the ride randomly a bit everyday - Just like West Coast Bash!

I'll have to try the food sometime, the only Mexican food I've had inside the park is at Edcuardo's Grill... pretty good burritos.