TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Music, Music, Music

Wes

Ska = Greatest thing in the world. What are some people's favorite ska/skacore bands? quote]

Some of mine are:

The Selecter

The Specials

The English Beat

Madness

Bad Manners

The Loafers

Laurel Aitken

early Bob Marley and The Wailers when he was doing ska and rocksteady

Hepcat

The Slackers

See Spot

Mobtown

Jump With Joey

Kingston 10

Derrick Morgan

Phyliss Dillon

Desmond Dekker

The Skatalites

The Aggrolites

There's a few of my favorite ska/rocksteady bands.

It's all about hardcore/screamo stuff

Here's some

My bro's band "Dear Elizabeth" www.myspace.com/dearelizabethband

As I Lay Dying

August Burns Red

Becoming the Archetype

Demon Hunter

Drop Dead, Gorgeous

Killswitch Engage

Oblige

Sanai Beach

Underoath

The Warriors

Zao

I also like Paramore, Anberlin, Emery, Plain White T's, Relient K,

Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Sullivan. Those are just some of them

Yeah, I have weird tastes. I like screamo

and pop. Weird, huh?

I understand your thoughts on ABR (August Burns Red) and Underoath.

They're different from other screamo bands.

I like Thrill Seeker by ABR and They're Only Chasing Safety by Underoath.

I don't like Define the Great Line though. It's has too much death metal in it.

If you like ABR, I don't see why you wouldn't like As I Lay Dying. They're very similar musically.

Check out Dear Elizabeth! My last post has the URL for myspace.

Drop Dead Gorgeous is major emo.

Becoming the Archetype is cool because they have some weird time signatures and notes, along with breakdowns and two-steps.

Sorry, only people who hard-core dance know what those are.

I like all the hardcore, grindcore, death metal bands on Tooth and Nail records. Most of them are on Solid State, a sub-label of Tooth and Nail.

Scene chicks dig Solid State hoodies for some reason!

Check out Zambooie.

www.zambooie.com for awesome band shirts, hoodies, and other awesome accessories.

Ska = Greatest thing in the world. What are some people's favorite ska/skacore bands? Mine would have to be:

-Streetlight Manifesto

-Reel Big Fish

-Less Than Jake

-Suburban Legends

-Starpool

-The Aquabats

-Mustard Plug

-Save Ferris

-Five Iron Frenzy

-Fishbone

-The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

-Big D And The Kids Table

-The Specials

-Buck-O-Nine

-And many more that I'm too lazy to list!

---Brent

No Goldfinger? I love Goldfinger.

Out of that list Reel Big Fish is my personal favorite. Saw them at Warped Tour.

Any Slayer Fans here? Or am I the only one?

While I'm on the subject of slayer, who's been to/going to the Unholy Alliance Tour? I want to go but Mum says no........ Besides, none of my friends like Slayer, Trivium, Amon Amarth or Mastodon..... Which sucks really, I want to go so bad!

Also, Chinese Democracy was mentioned earlier, I think it was pure garbage, A total waste of time! Since hearing that song I've developed a Hatred for anything Guns 'N' Roses Realted!

The new album of Britney Spears Circus, is to be released on december 2nd. The lead single was already release along with thevideo its called Womanizer and has sell very well. She is set to perform on England her single Womanizer next weekend on a tv show call The X Factor and at Good Morning America on december 2nd

Does anyone remember Swing Out Sister from the 90's?

Well they've been putting out records since... most of them in Japan. Anyway, I bought their last album that was really good.. but short. They have that jazzy, retro feel that I like chilling to.

I did some research and found out they came out with an album earlier this year. The album is called "Beautiful Mess" (as opposed to Hot Mess ). I listened to a few tracks and really liked it. I had to use my google searching powers to find it online and ordered the used cd off of Amazon. Here are two of the new tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfty38-Mumw

Also with the White Party coming up in two weeks, "party season" kicks off again. I've been at home being a good boy but with this song, I'm getting ready to hit several major parties Thanksgiving week... and do volunteer shifts around it.

Anyway, the group is called Altar featuring dance diva Jeanie Tracy. The song, "Everybody Up", is mixed by Rosabel, which one of the members is circuit DJ Abel from Miami. This song gives you a latin/tribal feel that gets the party movin'. I will be listening to Abel spin this Sunday on Miami Beach in preparation for the coming events.

The video looks like it was financed with pocket change, but oh well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvixheeaPFE

Terry

Since when did auto-tuning become the hottest thing to ever hit the face of the earth? It worked for Zap & Roger, that was their thing...but rappers trying to sing and being successful from displaying their lack of talent? It's getting irratating that the house Run DMC built has turned into this. With such a promising past it's sad to see the genre in this dismal state. I guess groups the like of A Tribe Called Quest and BlackStar are a things of the glorious past. I guess instead of making music, it became the number one priority to make money. Sad times for the remaining b-boys...seems like we won't be popping or locking anytime soon.

Here's some links to some local Ska Bands

http://crazyfoolvibes.com/

CrazyFool is based out of Albuquerque NM. Partied with the guys, Great Sounds!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1790927

Groovestain is based out Atlanta Georgia. Saw them perform at Lenny's in Atlanta. It was an Awesome time!! Ska, beer, SFOG, and The Varsity!!

Here's a video from a band called Liquid Cheese. These guys are right of Las Cruces NM/El Paso TX!! They have been personal friends for years. Many parties, many good times!!

For Morrissey fans, New Album release date Feb. 23!!!