TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

So, I'm assuming that Hurricane Force 5 will be taking Frisbee's old spot, and probably extending out behind that. Where are the other two attractions going, if anybody knows? Also, did Frisbee end up anywhere else? Or is it simply toast?

Hurricane Force 5 is going where Frisbee is currently.

Spinsanity is going where the old Wipeout ride used to be on the Boardwalk which was directly behind Rockville High. It was walled off for years and then removed around 2002. Currently the area has picnic tables and a shade structure.

Fireball will be taking the place of SS Overboard.

image.jpg.5668bc8ac70039e071bf2fd88abe69eb.jpg

Old Wipeout location. Future home of Spinsanity.

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was any locals here who can tell me how the crowds are around Christmas? Thanks!

Usually during Holiday in the Park, the park is not that crowded. It does depend though. Sometimes it can have a decent crowd, and sometimes it can be a ghost-town. You should be able to go anytime during Holiday in the Park and get on what you want to ride.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I checked out Fright Fest on Sunday. The park was packed when I first arrived so I splurged on front of the line passes. plus TPR has spoiled me on waiting for lines. One of the new haunted houses now use the old indoor queue line for Road Runner Express. A great use of space that hasn't been used in years. Overall the houses were good but I really saw an improvement on the scare zones this year. Here's a few photos from my night. Enjoy!

image.thumb.jpeg.05d4a85c4f0e392a1264a69212b7819d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.101938ec1cf2dca0b012e2851a1e89dc.jpeg

So this year SFFT started loading up the train with monsters and release them each night. I missed it but it's a cool way of getting the night started

image.thumb.jpeg.4d0b66cb064e3ebf8ca265f03fa302b7.jpeg

Halloween time is the best at theme parks.

image.thumb.jpeg.1ac4faa25cde14a5726587a291db51b1.jpeg

They really improved the scare zones this year.

image.thumb.jpeg.e146f7ffcbe47ea33ad90401086eaffa.jpeg

Iron Rattler was hauling butt

image.thumb.jpeg.e281f3bfcda0085467b5e477ea71d185.jpeg

Made my short visit nice

image.thumb.jpeg.99632a832e93dc450f96220381d840ce.jpeg

New house in old Road Runner queue

image.thumb.jpeg.47009b9a6be547917c64a5d9d42193df.jpeg

Cool scare zone

image.thumb.jpeg.21aff291d7bd3992f4ce1951c6970df2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2f882b63c1a73a979216f232dfc329cf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52704743f9f31eb82d99c406ecd6ecbb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3415c3ac9225c9a211119e59f04da34d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9fcbd2b5a7736cb6e672224ceaf022c5.jpeg

I've never actually been to the park late enough this season to see the sign lit up.

image.thumb.jpeg.97a809f7c092251590a6939a961ca434.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cf705b80393b14e5d68b903b0763e80e.jpeg

Thank goodness that it looks much better. I've had quite the traveling coaster year. I live up here by SFoT about 15 min away and their Fright Fest was...better, but it was so mediocre the last few years that it's still just under average. I've been to SFGADV, King's Dominion, King's Island, Valley Fair, and Cedar Point this year. I'm gonna drive down this weekend to catch Fiesta Texas to close out my year. King's Island haunt was AMAZING! I really hope that Six Flags catches up with Cedar Fair someday.

I'm really happy with the additions of flat rides that SFoT and SFFT are getting next season! Hopefully brighter times are ahead for both parks! I've been saddened by the lack of top additions and coasters to both our parks, it's sad that I've had to start flying to other parks for better thrills, but Cedar Fair has the best of the best. It would be great if one of our Texas parks would step up their game a bit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been thinking of planning a little long weekend down to TX the day after Christmas to finally ride Rattler (since it was closed during TPR trip in 2013) and preview what great adventure is building next year. What ride/coasters are typically open during holiday in the park?

Usually Goliath, Boomerang, Roadrunner Express, Pandamonium, and IRat are usually guaranteed open. Poltergeist is open as long as it's not too cold out. Once it goes below 45°, Poltergeist goes down. If it's super windy, expect Irat to be closed. Superman isn't open during HiP as far as I can remember. Scream is usually open too. I guess we'll have to see how the new BtR does during HiP. The park is great during HiP. It's not like huge crazy crowds but sometimes it does get pretty busy.

Good luck and have a good time.

• 1 month later...

We will be at Six Flags Fiesta TX Dec. 31 & Jan 1. This will be our second visit to a 6 Flags park in the past decade, after going to Six Flags St. Louis back in September, and buying the 2016 annual passes for the family. (including the all you can eat option for lunch, supper & snack)

Our experience at Six Flags St. Louis was mixed - some great wooden coasters, great food choices, and the kids had a blast. However, we struggled with figuring out how to organize our drink containers so that we wouldn't constantly be leaving 1 behind somewhere. I'm used to being able to just throw a backpack over to the unloading zone on rides, so that we can pick everything up as we get off. On several occasions, I was forced to exit the ride area without getting the ride I had just waited a half hour for. Eventually, we stooped to hiding our backpack in bushes, hoping someone wouldn't find it before we got back off the ride. I was asked if I had a medical condition that required me to have the bag there, but I wasn't going to lie. I'm not sure why they don't just have shelves or pegs where people can hang their stuff nearby.

My wife is suggesting that I get a fisherman's vest with loads of pockets and places to put things. However, I'm not sure how that would work with the drink containers, or how I would ride some of the rides with shoulder harnesses that come down over your shoulders if I had something like that vest on.

What would you guys suggest? Thanks!

Went to the park Friday the 18th for HiP. Temperature was mid 40s and dropped to the upper 30s with moderate crowds. Batman wasn't any different as it is in hot weather, over 6 spins. Seems like it spins more on the left side in the seat facing toward Poltergeist as you go up the lift. Wait was 15-20 minutes. IRat valleyed again during testing on the hill before the drop into the tunnel and never opened.

We will be at Six Flags Fiesta TX Dec. 31 & Jan 1. This will be our second visit to a 6 Flags park in the past decade, after going to Six Flags St. Louis back in September, and buying the 2016 annual passes for the family. (including the all you can eat option for lunch, supper & snack)

Our experience at Six Flags St. Louis was mixed - some great wooden coasters, great food choices, and the kids had a blast. However, we struggled with figuring out how to organize our drink containers so that we wouldn't constantly be leaving 1 behind somewhere. I'm used to being able to just throw a backpack over to the unloading zone on rides, so that we can pick everything up as we get off. On several occasions, I was forced to exit the ride area without getting the ride I had just waited a half hour for. Eventually, we stooped to hiding our backpack in bushes, hoping someone wouldn't find it before we got back off the ride. I was asked if I had a medical condition that required me to have the bag there, but I wasn't going to lie. I'm not sure why they don't just have shelves or pegs where people can hang their stuff nearby.

My wife is suggesting that I get a fisherman's vest with loads of pockets and places to put things. However, I'm not sure how that would work with the drink containers, or how I would ride some of the rides with shoulder harnesses that come down over your shoulders if I had something like that vest on.

What would you guys suggest? Thanks!

Get a SCOTTeVEST. They're basically fisherman's vests designed for gadgeteers. Here's a link to their site (mods, feel free to remove the link if it's against forum rules):

www.scottevest.com

• 3 weeks later...
I find it refreshing that not every park's fans obsess about their park in the off-season. It's much better to have a well rounded life than focus on the minutiae of one topic.

I wish this philosophy could creep over into the Cedar Point thread.

I find it refreshing that not every park's fans obsess about their park in the off-season. It's much better to have a well rounded life than focus on the minutiae of one topic.

The off season would be really boring if we didn't find excitement in watching the progress of construction at parks.

The off season would be really boring if we didn't find excitement in watching the progress of construction at parks.

Thank you! I don't understand why enthusiasts bash other enthusiasts that happen to like off season rumors, construction, and silly conversation. There is nothing wrong with being an enthusiastic enthusiast.

Thank you! I don't understand why enthusiasts bash other enthusiasts that happen to like off season rumors, construction, and silly conversation. There is nothing wrong with being an enthusiastic enthusiast.

With all due respect to those who feel otherwise, focusing on the minutiae of one topic is essentially the entire purpose of this site.

• 1 month later...
I feel like with Spinsanity they thought " How could we make this ride look like it's still on a trailer, cheap,ugly, and tacky, all at once? They should've done maybe a wooden platform instead of that cheap looking metal fence and such.

exactly my thoughts too. .they should have just left that area walled off, if THIS is what they are putting there.

maybe they will spruce it up a bit before opening. . .

I think this looks great! It definitely brought a lot of life into a section of the park that needed some TLC.

they pulled out two rides (tho the ship hasn't been working for seasons), to put in 3.

so yeah. . not very much of a gain, but it will be nice to have a few more things to do on the boardwalk.

really gonna miss Frisbee tho. .I loved that ride