TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I really hope they are trolling everyone with the Aeroplane video thing...with the wood, song (long long ago), height, and airplane ride in front. Would be pretty funny actually!

I really hope so, too. Look, no offense, Six Flags, but you've never really been that great at taking care of wooden roller coasters. Why do you think Rattler and all those other older SF woodies needed a re-do? Look what happened the last time you guys cloned a "classic" ride. Two of those Cyclones are now gone (one was ranked one of the worst roller coasters in the world), one is actually decent, and the other one still could use a complete RMC re-tracking.

I'm just hoping that if this is true, they learn from those mistakes. Terminator was not running so well last year and that ride is only 5 years old.

--Robb "Just not sure a traditional wood coaster is the right fit for Six Flags...sorry!" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

I really hope they are trolling everyone with the Aeroplane video thing...with the wood, song (long long ago), height, and airplane ride in front. Would be pretty funny actually!

I really hope so, too. Look, no offense, Six Flags, but you've never really been that great at taking care of wooden roller coasters. Why do you think Rattler and all those other older SF woodies needed a re-do? Look what happened the last time you guys cloned a "classic" ride. Two of those Cyclones are now gone (one was ranked one of the worst roller coasters in the world), one is actually decent, and the other one still could use a complete RMC re-tracking.

I'm just hoping that if this is true, they learn from those mistakes. Terminator was not running so well last year and that ride is only 5 years old.

--Robb "Just not sure a traditional wood coaster is the right fit for Six Flags...sorry!" Alvey

To be honest, You could probably say that about other companies as well. Busch (Gwazi) and Cedar Fair (You decide)

This is too much fun... Back in 2005, in one of the Fright Fest shows, they had John Denver Leaving on a Jet Plane not knowing when he would be back again... Maybe that joke has come full circle!! New In 2015 "John Denver: The Return on Aeroplane: The Ride"

92.5 and the picture of the wood... looks like the antique cars are out and a wooden coaster is in.

rye.jpg.60404fb7a2f7746f99d2239e38b46a19.jpg

from RCDB.com

However, what if RMC is building this from scratch using topper track? I'd love for it to be a GCI though! I'm with Rob... where if its GCI I hope that they maintain it....

I'm guessing the one that needs a complete retracking is GA Cyclone and the decent one is Viper?

If you want my hypothesis, Cyclone from SFNE is coming to the park.

NO! SFNE Cyclone's is being RMCed.

That hasn't been confirmed yet. Instead of I-Boxing Cyclone, they might create a new wooden coaster from scratch. There is some land clearing going on across the street, which may be for storage space to replace the warehouse in front of Cyclone, which would need to be removed in order to accommodate a Goliath-type coaster.

That balloon appears to be about Cyclone's height. "Texas Cyclone" is at least a possibility.

Cyclone is 112 feet that's a 20 foot difference from the balloon. Not to mention Cyclone is about to fall down, there is no way it would make a move across the country without new supports.

Enough said it's not happening.

I didn't know that there was an exact height. I just remember Screamscape guessing it was about 92.5 feet. And of course it would get new supports. Remember, ACE was mentioned in one of the clues, and there is an ACE logo on the SFNE map next to Cyclone.

^ Yeah I don't think SF wants to invest in moving Cyclone especially in such condition it is. I'm going to go with Bogus on your predictions.

Yeah, it probably would be cheaper to give Cyclone the I-Box treatment and build a new wooden coaster at Fiesta Texas than it would be to build a new Goliath-style coaster and relocate Cyclone.

*EDIT* How much did Goliath cost?

Obviously they're going to buy Phoenix from Knoebel's and relocate it back to its rightful home in San Antonio. The lift will be restored to its original height of 92.5 feet and it will be called The Phocket.

Seriously though, did anyone notice that the balloon picture they posted the other day was leaning a bit, as was the picture itself (very close to 2.5 degrees off of vertical). Hmmmm.

Obviously they're going to buy Phoenix from Knoebel's and relocate it back to its rightful home in San Antonio. The lift will be restored to its original height of 92.5 feet and it will be called The Phocket.

Seriously though, did anyone notice that the balloon picture they posted the other day was leaning a bit, as was the picture itself (very close to 2.5 degrees off of vertical). Hmmmm.

Would Six Flags be that subtle? Maybe...