TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Aftershock has been running pretty well from what I hear. Is that correct?

It is. It had about 2 weeks where we had issues with sensors, but not actual mechanical problems. To the best of my knowledge, Aftershock was open at least for some time every day except when it was too cold to run.

Same can't be said about Goliath. Breaks down once a day minimum guaranteed. On Cyclone's last day I saw the train being slowly lowered by the 2nd tower catch car twice and people were stranded for a few minutes. But yeah expect it to break down all the time.

When it first opened with the train, so late May to mid June, it broke down every day, after that it's been better. It was usually breaking down about 2-3 times a week after that. I mean sky screamer broke down a few times but nobody complained about that.

Thunderbolt says Hi.

And the difference is that when Goliath breaks down it REALLY breaks down and stays broken down for long periods of time.

Not alwYa. If it's a issue in the station, it's usually an hour at most. A valley can be anywhere fr

2 hours to the rest of the day depending on what time it's at.

Goliath breaks down once per day, the people are evacuated and the train sits at the bottom of the second spike the whole day because the staff are too lazy to fix it.

In regards to Twister being replaced, I can guarantee a Larson loop that SFNE will market as a "coaster" and complete their 5 year plan with that.

Goliath breaks down once per day, the people are evacuated and the train sits at the bottom of the second spike the whole day because the staff are too lazy to fix it.

Neither you or I know exactly what it takes to rectify this particular situation, but I can guarantee that no one who works in maintenance, operations, or guest services is content with just letting the train sit if it could be easily be reset and operations continued within the same day. There are likely a variety of factors at work as to why a full day of downtime occurs. Perhaps it takes heavy equipment to move the train in which they can't take equipment through the midway during operating hours? Maybe solving the issue requires hours of work from a computer room that is completely out of site from guests? I don't know exactly how to fix it and neither do you, but I believe that the best effort is put forward by professionally trained people, and I give Six Flags New England the benefit of the doubt until there is obvious evidence to believe otherwise.

Depending on what happens that stops the cycle in the first place, they might not actually have the option. If the catch cars really are what cause's downtime, it's fully possible they can't move the train. If there are issues with the catch car, the only way to get the train back to the station is to either fix it (usually requiring a man lift, since you can't reach the track from the evac platform) or disassemble the train to take it back to the station. These things aren't like other rides. It takes a lot to get it running and keep it running. And understanding the error codes that it spits out isn't easy. It's costly and time consuming to go "blind squirrel*" to find the problem.

*Phrase curtesy of a favorite teacher. Means guessing till you find it.

Just out of curiosity, when Goliath vallies between the loop and second spike, can the catcher be manually lowered to reengage the train so it can finish its cycle or not? I've always been curious about that.

Sometimes. It depends on where it stops. I think the breaks there catch it. I've seen it get pulled back up before but I've also seen it not be able to lift back up.

Just out of curiosity, when Goliath vallies between the loop and second spike, can the catcher be manually lowered to reengage the train so it can finish its cycle or not? I've always been curious about that.

Sometimes. It depends on where it stops. I think the breaks there catch it. I've seen it get pulled back up before but I've also seen it not be able to lift back up.

So I had the awesome opportunity to represent TPR this afternoon at the hard hat tour. This is my first time doing something like this so It was really exciting for me. I got TONS of photos, so I'm just going to sort of throw the best of them up on here. Wicked Cyclone is definitely starting to look pretty "wicked" to say the least. The photo's speak for themselves...

Wow looks incredible! Thanks for posting

^Yeah, I thought it worked well at Magic Mountain. I was hoping they would just relocate it within the park. It would have fit well in the old Flashback & Monorail graveyard area.

Their maintenance staff had it running like a dream. It still had downtime sure, but not nearly as bad as the year it opened where it would be closed for days on end. I was hoping it would get relocated as well. I remember the summer X and Deja Vu opened they were never both open on the same day. If you pulled into the parking lot and saw X running, you knew Deja would be down for the day.

Looks like the 200-degree stall is done. Photos floating around online if you dig for them or know where to look. I'm still confused about what we can and cannot link to on here so I'll leave it at that lol. I will say it looks amazing!

Looks like the 200-degree stall is done. Photos floating around online if you dig for them or know where to look. I'm still confused about what we can and cannot link to on here so I'll leave it at that lol. I will say it looks amazing!

The park has official posted it so it's fine. Just get it from their Instagram.