TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Yeah I highly doubt there will be much theming at all, but it's going to be very pretty! I'm loving the track color and the supports, which will look even nicer when they're painted grey! Also they plan on keeping the two support towers so it will be interesting to see what they do with them. Besides I'd rather have a minimalistic queue that provides some beautiful views of the structure than some lazily tacked on theming.

The theming will make it even better!

What theming? The abandoned and rusting Skyway towers nearby?

Towers abandoned due to the incoming "Wicked Cyclone".

A bunch of Bostonians saying "Wicked" over and over again.

The park has been keeping the theming a secret for a while and they said it will not disappoint. It will be announced sometime in February. They said they already confirmed some parts of the theming and are working on others, so it should've pretty awesome. Or maybe they will just add a flame cannon and remove it after a year!

Hoping to hear more news on the return of Superman soon, probably coming in 2016.

The park has been keeping the theming a secret for a while and they said it will not disappoint.

This ride is going to be amazing but I have no confidence in Six Flags New England theming anything well. The park also said something will go in Twister's old spot and they'e "exploring" future transportation rides... and they said that they were one of the friendliest parks in the country. So they say quite a few things that are completely incorrect.

• 2 weeks later...
The park has been keeping the theming a secret for a while and they said it will not disappoint.

This ride is going to be amazing but I have no confidence in Six Flags New England theming anything well. The park also said something will go in Twister's old spot and they'e "exploring" future transportation rides... and they said that they were one of the friendliest parks in the country. So they say quite a few things that are completely incorrect.

To be fair, Twister may as well have not been there. Ridership was low as hell because it simply was not worth riding to begin with.

I don't understand why this coaster hasn't been getting more attention because it just looks incredible. It looks to me like this could be the new best coaster from RMC, at least until Wildfire opens.

Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Cannibal, Flip Coaster(China), Schwur Des Karnan, Switchback ZDT, Viper (wanda), Batman SFFT, Unknown Intamin Mega-Coaster at Wanda City, Thunderbird for 2015!

FTFY

This is the first year in a LONG time where there are new rides being built that look like they could be the best in the world with Fury 325, The Intamin Mega and the RMCs. And many new rides that mark significant innovations from their manufacturers.

Hey all,

So new guy here at TPR (as in this is my first post to these boards) but after looking at the pics and videos of this new ride, I have to say that I couldn't be more excited for Wicked Cyclone. I used to run a little website called Theme Park New England, and I remember riding the Riverside Cyclone in high school and raving about the all-out intensity and the ejector airtime felt throughout the ride during the pre-Six Flags days when the ride was still running the Morgan trains. The ride was moderately painful, but thrilling during my first rides, enough so that riding that, the Thunderbolt, and the "incredibly-scary-at-13-years-old-holy-crap-first-time-riding-an-upside-down-Black-Widow-Arrow-Shuttle-loop-coaster," that I became hooked on coasters for life.

Fast forward to the present. We all know that Six Flags does a "mediocre" job maintaining classic woodies, and there is no doubt that the original Cyclone's layout may be one of the most underrated wood twisters of all time prior to its falling into disrepair. I can think of no better solution than for Rocky Mountain to take this epic layout and create a ride that will not only live up to, but improve upon what William Cobb imagined and built in 1983. This ride will unboubtedly give Bizzaro a run for its money as best coaster in the park. Can't wait!

-Erik