TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Hi Guys,

We are coming over from the UK and staying with our good friends in Louisville. We will be travelling over to KI for our first ever visit on Sunday 4 May. Looking at the posts above will Sunday be equally as busy as Saturdays? Are we better purchasing a FL or FLP before we arrive or can we purchase them on the day?

During our vacation we are starting out at Six Flags Great Adventure, and also completing our tour at Six Flags Great America. Should be a great trip.

Regards

Adam

Hi!

Sundays are busy, but usually not as busy as Saturdays from my experience. If I were you FLP would be the better option, only because it has more rides. You can purchase them online or at the front gate, it's whatever floats your boat. If you are arriving early in the morning when they open, I would get them at the front gate. If you are arriving in the afternoon they may be sold out at that time. Kings Island is my favorite amusement park and I hope you enjoy your trip!

Hi Guys,

We are coming over from the UK and staying with our good friends in Louisville. We will be travelling over to KI for our first ever visit on Sunday 4 May. Looking at the posts above will Sunday be equally as busy as Saturdays? Are we better purchasing a FL or FLP before we arrive or can we purchase them on the day?

During our vacation we are starting out at Six Flags Great Adventure, and also completing our tour at Six Flags Great America. Should be a great trip.

Regards

Adam

Your visiting in early May, which will result in small crowds, especially if you arrive at opening. Regardless, all line skipping options will not sell out this early in the season , so feel out the park and then decide. No need to spend and potentially waste your money in advance. You can buy the day of at all parks your visiting. One thing to consider, Goliath at Great America is to open late May.

^Probably some time around next week, given that they are only 17 days away until media day, when Bat will be operating.

Location training for Drop Tower / Bat crew is on Saturday the 12th. Initial testing should begin soon as the state has to certify it before it can carry guests.

I didn't think the number of trains debate would continue on this far. I thought it was quite obvious there would be three trains from the start?

Nobody believes official announcements. They're not credible anymore.

Not to mention, the theoretical capacity is somewhere around 1600 pph, right? There's no possible way you could do that with 2 trains.

The load interval is going to be like 30 seconds. I'm tasting pancakes already.