TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^maybe they'll have on board audio and they'll play Primal Scream by Motley Crue #R.I.P.

But im still shocked that there aren't anyone at the park digging for footers and all that jazz, just still cutting down trees. Hell i mean wasn't Banshee at least digging for footers around this time in 2013?

Totally different types of coasters. I would more compare this to the construction of Prowler at Worlds of Fun. Which did not have concrete poured until July or August. At this point in the year they were still clearing trees.

I am just surprised that I have not seen more pictures of what blueprints are available.

Alrighty. After reading KIC and looking over the available information on the drawing. Here is where I am at now. This is assuming the station size is similar to The Beast, and uses the pond and Diamondback to help locate the ride "within" the train loop.

13428366_10209722586366160_5911068694482364137_n.jpg?oh=8e88936da1af449ebd93ba2f61666141&oe=57CEA243

I hate to quote my own post, but after seeing the scale listed on the detailed closeup of the "area of work", I converted that to a full scale for the ride and what I have here is actually pretty close to the scale provided on the permits.

So, we know scale and orientation. Now we need confirmation on location.

I hate to quote my own post, but after seeing the scale listed on the detailed closeup of the "area of work", I converted that to a full scale for the ride and what I have here is actually pretty close to the scale provided on the permits.

So, we know scale and orientation. Now we need confirmation on location.

Not sure how much it helps. The plans list the Area of Work as North Abutment Plan. An abutment is the supports under the end of a bridge. The plans also show the grade of the slope showing the land is very steep with the northern part much higher elevation than the southern portion. Which suggests to me that the Area of Work is on the north bank of the water reservoir.

Also the coordinates suggest that straight section of track should be at an angle of 157.9 degrees which is close to what you have so you likely are close on orientation.

It looks like there is a pretty steep grade to the south of the reservoir that results in the bridge the train crosses over near the WWC entrance. But I haven't ridden the train since the Haunt about 3 years ago, so I'm not 100% certain of the grade of the land in the area.

Edit: The abutment can be seen pretty clearly in the overview. I wonder if that is for a train crossover? It would make sense.

Edited by CP Maverick

It looks like there is a pretty steep grade to the south of the reservoir that results in the bridge the train crosses over near the WWC entrance. But I haven't ridden the train since the Haunt about 3 years ago, so I'm not 100% certain of the grade of the land in the area.

It is very steep, I also know that there has been speculation the ride would go under the train bridge.

The park has been cutting down trees just to the south of the train station, plus there is a lot of clearing south of the log flume, near where the old funnel cake stand was. If I was designing the ride I would put the entrance and exit on that side of the train tracks, plus put the station behind or next to the log flume. This way the line never needs to cross the track tracks. The old funnel cake stand makes sense because that is likely where the gift shop will be located.

I would also put the maintenance building on the other side of the tracks to link up to existing maintenance roads.

The problem is that I cannot get the layout on the satellite view in a way which makes me happy. It is like I am totally missing something or the overview is off enough that I cannot make it work.

I just want them to announce a date for the announcement so we know when this madness will end

Expect the announcement in August. Last year they announced something original that has been around since the park opened would be removed. They used pictures of the Racer to discuss this. Then removed the toll booths. Don is very good at his job, which is to get people talking and we are

Hate to interrupt our regularly scheduled GCI 2017 talk but I was at the park today and I must have missed something from reports earlier in the season but when did KI install security at the front gate? It somewhat blew my mind when I first saw it this morning. Strange that CF buys the parks from Paramount and removes all traces of security the former owners installed and now they have reinstalled it. Have any of the other parks installed security check points at their front gates?

Sorry I posted from my phone.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

And with that, and further analysis of the abutment plans, I have updated my scale and orientation. Location is still up for debate. [i also used SketchUp, so it's not as polished as a Photoshop overlay.]

13442304_10209743567090665_6340122830907283757_n.jpg?oh=d0f729b41134da246b9b7e610d524941&oe=57CBAE9F

Hate to interrupt our regularly scheduled GCI 2017 talk but I was at the park today and I must have missed something from reports earlier in the season but when did KI install security at the front gate? It somewhat blew my mind when I first saw it this morning. Strange that CF buys the parks from Paramount and removes all traces of security the former owners installed and now they have reinstalled it. Have any of the other parks installed security check points at their front gates?

They've been doing security checks sporadically at Valleyfair this year, and I've heard they've started at MiA as well.

At VF, they brought out a few folding tables for them to go through people's bags and had a wand metal detector. So, they didn't really "install" a security checkpoint, but they do occasionally bring it out. Not sure if this is what KI is doing or not.