TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

One more question about Media Day - Can you get permission to film with anything other than a GoPro on the provided mounts? I have a secured non-Gopro camera. By secured, I mean it is a watch that doubles as a mini-camera.

The taking of pictures and video on Media Day while riding is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught taking pictures or video while riding will be ejected from the park!

Is this really THE Don?

Anyways, I guess this means that getting permission is impossible. Thanks for the reply.

One more question about Media Day - Can you get permission to film with anything other than a GoPro on the provided mounts? I have a secured non-Gopro camera. By secured, I mean it is a watch that doubles as a mini-camera.

The taking of pictures and video on Media Day while riding is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught taking pictures or video while riding will be ejected from the park!

Is this really THE Don?

Yup.

Is there a low temperature cut off point for B&M roller coasters? Just curious if this will be running if the temps are still under 40 degrees at 5:30am.

It depends on who you talk to. Dollywood won't start Wild Eagle (or any of their coasters) when the temperature is below 40 degrees but they'll run them until it gets to 35 once they're started. Hersheypark won't run Great Bear (or any of their coasters) unless the temperature is over 50 but once they start them they can run until it gets into the lower 40's. Great Adventure doesn't care about weather at all. They'll run coasters in sub-freezing temperatures and flat rides in severe thunderstorms as long as there are people in the park. They even opened the park in the morning the Sunday hurricane sandy hit.

It all depends on the park, but I'm sure since since it's the opening of the ride they'll figure out a way to get it running.

Great Adventure doesn't care about weather at all. They'll run coasters in sub-freezing temperatures and flat rides in severe thunderstorms as long as there are people in the park. They even opened the park in the morning the Sunday hurricane sandy hit.

That's the spirit!

I'm so glad Cedar Fair is putting forth a solid effort to theme this. When they purchased Kings Island from Paramount, I was only about ten years old, but I immediately noticed a negative change in the park's atmosphere. The theming went to sh*t (example: Flight Deck) and the names were changed with what felt like no thought at all. I mean, come on-- they thought I wouldn't notice them naming an Invertigo "Invertigo"? The past few years, though, especially with Halloween Haunt, I've been noticing a gradual climb back to greatness. It looks like there was a lot of attention to detail when building Banshee, and with the renaming of Flight Deck to The Bat, I feel like they're starting to get it right.

Now all they need to do is flip the right side of The Racer backwards and they'll be cool with me.