TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

In fact, I find them choices in bad taste, leviathan seems a waste of steel, and it intimidator seems pointless

but are personal impressions

#Troll?

If not then:

Just because you personally do not like a coaster does not mean it is a waste of steel, nor does it make it pointless. When there are millions of other people out there who love the coasters. If you don't enjoy the coasters, then just skip them when you are at the park. But to say it is a waste of steel, or pointless is a bit harsh.

drummermattk- i know that all Dinosaurs alive will not be renewed for the following years after this year. Ever since they made it free to all passholders they have been losing money on it. I know the DP one is always dead unless its a saturday. One of my friends that is a manager at the park said its the way they get school to come because it is "educational."

Dorney could easily built a coaster back there by steel force, but its a flood zone.

In fact, I find them choices in bad taste, leviathan seems a waste of steel, and it intimidator seems pointless

#Troll?

If not then:

Just because you personally do not like a coaster does not mean it is a waste of steel, nor does it make it pointless. When there are millions of other people out there who love the coasters. If you don't enjoy the coasters, then just skip them when you are at the park. But to say it is a waste of steel, or pointless is a bit harsh.

Even if you think those coasters are weak compared to other coasters in their category (agree with both actually) I can't imagine anyone riding them and not having fun on them. If you can't enjoy your rides on Intimidator and Leviathan I actually feel a little bad for you. They're both still very good rides, and Leviathan is probably my favorite coaster in that park.

#Troll?

If not then:

Even if you think those coasters are weak compared to other coasters in their category (agree with both actually) I can't imagine anyone riding them and not having fun on them. If you can't enjoy your rides on Intimidator and Leviathan I actually feel a little bad for you. They're both still very good rides, and Leviathan is probably my favorite coaster in that park.

I agree. People rank and criticize coasters all the time, but if one goes on a ride like Leviathan and sits there with a frown on their face, I truly feel bad for that person.

I have to say; if you do not understand my point of view, the problem is your not mine.

then if the first one that comes to me says they are trolls, well then your motivation is less than zero

I think this sentence is trying to eat itself. I literally have no idea what you just tried to say.

I agree, Leviathan was more of a "Hey lets see if we can actually do this" coaster. Fury is perfection. Smooth, fun, rerideable and just a beautiful piece of artwork!

Only because Leviathan came before Fury 325. I haven't been on Fury 325 yet but, I can say that Leviathan does give a smooth ride even though it may not produce much airtime and not too much force as hoped. But, Leviathan is still a great coaster despite it may or may not be as great as Fury 325. But, all I can say is I still prefer Behemoth over Leviathan due to the amazing amount of airtime produced throughout the duration of the ride!

My guess is that Kings Island won't receive a new coaster until 2018 and it may not be a large Giga coaster but, it could possibly be one with tons of airtime and force which in my opinion will satisfy many people.

I have to say; if you do not understand my point of view, the problem is your not mine.

then if the first one that comes to me says they are trolls, well then your motivation is less than zero

I really wish I knew what you were trying to say here, but I just can't make any sense of it.

If Kings Island were to install a giga that used the terrain and had a lot of low ground-hugging maneuvers through the woods, would that take away from The Beast and it's popularity?

I doubt it would take away from The Beast and it's popularity because they would be such different rides. I mean, a steel Giga vs a wooden coaster. People are always going to love Beast because its... well The Beast. Any new coasters people will love because it's that coaster. Just like Banshee didn't necessarily make Beast any less popular. Even if the Giga were a low to the ground, terrain hugging coaster the overall experience would be different enough that I don't think it would make Beast any less popular.

Aren't the parks run independent of each other? Additions will come when it is effective for the park.

From what I understand, the chain that a park is owned by does have an influence as to what is added to a park but, the General Manager of a park and their team make the final decisions as to which rides should be added or removed from a park.

I would say that it would make most sense that ki will get their next coaster in 2019. I would say this is what the next few years might look like for Cedar Fair:

2017: Possible Kings Dominion b&m hyper (also maybe along with that coaster rumored for MiA?)

2018: Canada's Wonderland b&m wingrider

2019: Kings island giga!!!

2020: cedar point probably some massive over hyped first-of-it's-kind coaster for their 150 anniversary

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't attendance only go up about 1% the year Banshee opened? Other parks generally get higher bumps than that when they add a new coaster (if memory serves me right Gatekeepr helped Cedar Point to a 5% jump.

Because of that I wonder how eager they would be to drop 30 or so million on a giga for Ki. I'm not saying they won't (I'm no expert) but it would be interesting to see how that impacts their decision making.

I'm just going off of memory with these figures by the way, I'm prepared to be wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't attendance only go up about 1% the year Banshee opened? Other parks generally get higher bumps than that when they add a new coaster (if memory serves me right Gatekeepr helped Cedar Point to a 5% jump.

Because of that I wonder how eager they would be to drop 30 or so million on a giga for Ki. I'm not saying they won't (I'm no expert) but it would be interesting to see how that impacts their decision making.

I'm just going off of memory with these figures by the way, I'm prepared to be wrong.

I think I remember seeing 1% as well.

Also, I would chalk that up to the general public really thinking it's just another ride that goes upside-down at kings island. Something that has been seen there many times before. That 1% was probably all coaster enthusiasts. If KI were to get a Giga I think that would draw more people because the GP that would go to KI have never seem anything like that before.

Just my opinion but I think a Giga in 2017 or 2018 is pretty much the only option coaster wise the next 5 or so years

Theme Park Tourist just posted a new retrospective article on the defunct Tomb Raider: The Ride attraction a few days ago. It's very in-depth and nostalgic. Well worth a read, so I thought I'd post it here.

Tomb Raider: Why One of the World's Best Theme Park Rides is Rotting in Plain Sight

I really hope Kings Island does something with that show building in the next 5 years, whether it be they put a dark ride in there or tear it down completely. Putting a haunt attraction in there and calling it a day is not enough when the space is that huge.

I really hope Kings Island does something with that show building in the next 5 years, whether it be they put a dark ride in there or tear it down completely. Putting a haunt attraction in there and calling it a day is not enough when the space is that huge.

Maybe they could put another Top Spin ride in there but, of a smaller scale. Or a nice dark ride or a coaster would fit in there quite nicely. It's hard to say what they'll do with the building. All I know is that is was a slight eyesore when I had visited the park in July of 2014. But, the rest of the park was beautiful!