TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Düsseldorf Fair Photos

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(picks jaw up off floor) Woooooww! All portable....wow.....seriously impressive. And I was just looking at stuff for this years October Fest...in September. Somehow, it's just not looking so hot, Lol!

LOL! Even the fair has a rapids with a vertical lift.

Vert Lift Portable Rapids. Now I've seen everything. Think Hershey or could use one of those? Oooops.

This really is neat stuff to see. Thanks for putting this up.

I love Germany! First, let me say we had an absolute blast there on the TPR Europe trip a month ago. The people we encountered were all great. I was really hoping we'd be able to hit up one of these fairs while there, but no dice. All the more reason for me to return someday!

Second, this fair looks absolutely brilliant! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Your TR makes me cry because I was in Munich last year for Oktoberfest and I am really missing some Augustiner!

Great pics! I'm glad I was able to ride the inverted coaster last year! I don't really remember it though, too many biers in the bier gardens!

From looking at only the photos, I thought that this was the Oktoberfest! The rides look to be exactly the same.

I tried this XXL attraction at the Frühlingsfest in Stuttgart (also a beer festival, but smaller than Oktoberfest) and it was one of the scariest things I've ever done!

Very likely, the #1 coaster at Oktoberfest 09 will be Olympia Looping. That is a Schwartzkopf 5 looper! It has been each year on the Munich fair for several years in a row.

In recent years, Munich has had 3 big coasters - Oscar Bruch's EuroStar; Rudolph Barth's Olympia Looping, and Klaus Renoldi's Hollenblitz. It was the only fair you'd ever see EuroStar and Olympia Looping together.

Hoever, with EuroStar being sold, this year is almost certain to have Alpina Bahn replace it, meaning 2 big Schwarzkopfs at one fair. This would leave Stuttgart (which overlaps Munich) without a coaster, so Hollenblitz may go there in Alpina Bahn's place.

For 2009. both Oscar Bruch and Rudolph Barth are rumoured to have bought new coasters by then, so Munich 2009 could possibly have 2 brand new coasters.

Oh, for anyone who hasn't seen it, here are a couple of pics I took of Olympia Looping at another fair in Suttgart earlier this year (they have 2 a year, one in spring and the other in autumn/fall). Worth mentioning they only had 6 days to get it there from the previous fair!

1767542681_OlympiaLooping(1).JPG.8f500b440ed99c057bb6bc2bbb673635.JPG

424351413_OlympiaLooping.JPG.31453c7e7df15977ebd824d36bd65aab.JPG

Thank you for the pictures, I went a couple of weeks ago too the fair. It was my second German fair but I really love them. The atmosphere is just so great, with food and drink stands everywhere and always nicely themed! I really loved the sight if you were standing at the other end of the river, you could see the whole fair at night, with all the beautiful lights.

I am jealous

I wish I was there right this instant!

when does this fair start and end?

The fair is already over, we were there for the last weekend. If you were there now, all you would see is the paths that link the fair up, and an awful lot of grass!

Düsseldorf is only 9 days long, running 2 weekends and the days in-between. That's quite short for a German fair, especially one this big, but I prefer that as it means more crowds and better atmosphere. The rides are run so efficiently that even when busy, you barely have to queue for anything.

The Stutgart fair where I took the Olympia Looping pics was much longer, but that meant the crowds were much more thinly spread out.

Oh, and to those of you marvelling at the vertical lift on the rapids, don't forget the entire tower rotates 180 degrees as you climb it!

Hi there!

Hoellenblitz will not be in Stuttgart in fall. It will also be in munich on the Oktoberfest with Alpinabahn and the Olympia Looping, which leaves Stuttgart which is also one of the biggest fairs in Germany without big roller coasters.

There will only be the Spinning Racer by Bruch, the Maurer Spinning Coaster that too was in Düsseldorf, the Wilde Maus by Kinzler and a coaster which is new to the german fair circuit this year, High Explosive by Vorlop, which is a small Zierer Flitzer that has been refurbished for travelling.