TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see i giant flatride come to the mountain. but they, at the mountain, have to go big or go home. noone cares about the avergae flats they already have, and other than around scream, i don't see a place for them, other than a large drop ride, which i think will come in due time.

But as far as anything coming with Tatsu, well, I'm not sure, it would have to be form Astroworld, and was kinda spontaneus, like, 'hey! SFASS is closing, want a ride??' because, if not, wouldnt it be in that whole redzone report thingy?

^ Too bad their Drop Tower is supposed to go to Six Flags St. Louis. I really do hope we atleast get a flat ride from Six Flags Astroworld, SFMM needs them so bad! I hope they surprise us with one with the addition of Tatsu.

I was hoping that AstroWorld's Troika ride would head our way, but that seems to be one of Six Flags Over Texas' 10 new rides for next season. Unfortunately, I really doubt any of AstroWorld's assetts will find their way to Magic Mountain.

I'm just glad Dungeon Drop is going into St. Louis and not Magic Mountain. I could very easily see Magic Mountain's next major installation be the tallest free-fall ride in North America, or even possibly the world. A 350-foot tall Intamin Gyro Drop/Floorless Gyro Drop tower would be an exquisite addition.

I could very easily see Magic Mountain's next major installation be the tallest free-fall ride in North America, or even possibly the world. A 350-foot tall Intamin Gyro Drop/Floorless Gyro Drop tower would be an exquisite addition.

I can wait for that!

Guy"Me likes the Gyro Drop Thingie Idea in 07." Koepp

^^ uhhh, now, i may be wrong, but im going to go out on a limb and say 900 ft is a little "ambitious"....

we havn't even gotten over 450 yet!

but to answer your question, as long as it meets califorinia code for saftey, structual integrety and the like, they can build it.

of course the city has to approve the plans, but i don't think that would be a problem for six flags Magic Mountain, maybe for alot of other cali parks though.

they can build an office building over 1000 feet. I don't see why not.

Ill give you a cookie if you point me to a 1000ft office building in CA. Yeah they can do it, but earthquakes 1000ft in the air dont appeal to many Euntrapaneuars (i'll also give you a cookie if you can butcher that word more than i just did!)

MARK "Hey, now that we've cleared 400ft... LETS GO FOR 900!!" W.

knowing sfmm the intamin drop ride will have to be "extreme" and it will be more like 450ft or more, but i don't really know

You don't think 350-feet is "extreme?" We are yet to see a drop/free-fall/descending tower ride that has a dynamic ride height of 300-feet in North America. Everyone I know thinks Supreme Scream at 312-feet (and a 252-foot drop) is too high for their tastes, some strongly refuse to ride it, yet they will climb aboard X, Goliath, and Viper at Magic Mountain.

I think a 350-foot drop tower would be received very well. Sure, the taller, the better, but a thin-circumference single 450-foot free-standing tower just sounds a little bit out there.

dang it, 18 feet? no fair! I knew it was around 70 stories, But i figured it was in the 900ft range. There are shorter buildings with more floors than this.

Well, then, scratch what i said before, SFMM is probably planning a 900footer as we speak!

Would anyone even ride that thing??

oh, about your cookie, uhhh, you see, there was this cookie monster, well, long story actually, but turns out I'm pretty much cookieless for awhile. Im sorry, but feel free to buy your own cookie!

It'd like reach into the clouds, and then be down half the time because naturally it's an Intamin and a prototype......think Superman on that last part.

Yeah, Imagine trying to off load that thing if it were to get stuck at the top. That would suck for everyone involved.

450 is plenty.

Guy "This is a thred about Tatsu, right?" Koepp

your going to belive a dippin dots seller.there not even in ops they should be telling you what the new flavors going to be in 5 months not a new ride

I love that the level of intelligence of a SFMM employee is at the point that they can't even comprehend a joke written by a 13 year old.