TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tatsu Flying Coaster

"If the ride has a dual station then only half of those "crank axle" sort of things are on site. I'm pretty sure there is one on each side of the train"

They all must not be on site yet, because the switch track for the dual stations is on site.

I believe the site is for both the relocation of the p-lot and backlot for future expansion of the park. Also for a new hotel to directly serve SFMM customers.

Just think SFMM don't have to many more options for expansion and with Tatsu going in, it's the perfect time for SF to be thinking about room for future expansion. IMO I can only see maybe one or two more coasters going in the park unless they start removing things or do a Black pool type of creative shoehorning job. I'm thinking the next in park coaster will probably run that narrow strip of land starting from B:TR heading down behind Riddler and psyclone/grave yard area. Other then that I can't see to many other areas in the park where a new coaster could go without removing things or buidling on top of things.

Also moving the P-lot gives SFMM the room to expand HH also, so I do hope that plot of land SFMM golden ticket to major expansion for the future.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they already have plenty of pretty good hotels, 2 shopping centers, restaraunts, and a movie theater just down the street. i don't think they need any more... i think it would be VERY cool to have a new section of the park added.

I didn't even say anything about movies or resteraunts...

But if there are hotels in the area why not put them on site for convinience (which would be a nice marketing tool), plus, then SF can get in on the money making. If you throw in perks like early entry or a line hopping pass, then it would be a great addition and draw some business in. If there are plenty of good hotels, I'd bet that there is a nice demand for rooms so why not try to exploit the demand?

I know that the Y-piece is there I was just saying.........

the problem with sfmm, as i see it, is that the park (not including its left side) is surrounded by coasters, if they did use their current parking lot as a future exansion, how would you get there? collosus and golitah are in the way!

There is an area in the Gotham City back lot they can open up to make access to the new areas also they could squeeze a path between Scream and Colossus.

Also moving the P-lot gives SFMM the room to expand HH also, so I do hope that plot of land SFMM golden ticket to major expansion for the future.

Well, a while back there was talk even in the local papers of MM trying to do a "City Walk" kind of deal on the way up the hill, but nothing ever happened with it. I too have noticed a couple markers along Feedmill, and the fence went up Friday I think, it sure hasn't been there long. The land on the other side of the fence in that area isn't owned by SFMM though, as far as I know, it's still independant farmland. On the other side of the park (across from Riddler and Batman) is cattle grazing land, which, if bought by the park, would be perfect to do bunch of new rides. The only problem could be routing the people over there, but it'd be easy to either build a bridge into the queue, or just have the station right be the edge of the park and then stretch the rest of it out into the new land. Or eveve better, just build a whole new area out there, and maybe if there's time, theme it too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Thrill Shot is down due to mechanical problems, gonna be a while before it reopens. Even worse is that one of Log Jammer's two gigantic pumps blew up, and there will be NO BLOOD FALLS this year! The ride will be down for a month, and after Fright Fest, they'll use a helicopter to fly the new pump parts in......the pump house is too far away from the midway to use a crane, so not only does SFMM has to pop for a "airlift", but there won't be the Camp Ohmygosh this year. They didn't have any signs up to let guests know about the closure yesterday, heard over the radios that a whole bunch of people were waiting in line trying to get on.

because of the amount of axiles that put the riders in flying position, this is gonna definitely have a dual atation.

7cars-per-train + 14 axiles = dual station

There is 16, but look at Supermans construction photos:

http://rcdb.com/ig1976.htm?picture=12

There is 8 for 1 station, so yea, duel is posable. Or even one entrance, one exit station.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/sfmmnew06/sfmmoct084.jpg

compared to

http://rcdb.com/ig1976.htm?picture=11

No dought, this is definitly and gotta be comfermed as a flying.

^^^

Great Link! I'll be really intersted to see what they end up putting in up there! I swear it better not be residential! That would be the worst place to live! Between the noise, congestion, view of park/freeway...pretty much the worst place to live.

knowing Santa Clarita Yeah its going to be homes.

This is going to be so dum because frist the people will bitch about the noise then the traffic and so on and so on.

Also if SFMM does own the land they havent done any thing but cut the weeds down like in the picture. The land in the picture as been like that for about 2 or 3 years now.

Well after taking the wording of the site plans into consideration, it could still possible be a resort on the way. Newhall is about selling the land to developers not actual development themselves, so that 454 acres has been or will be sold in parcels or as a whole to who ever wants to buy it.

The site plans say... Residential (place for employees to live) recreational (many things/i.e employee picknic area) Hospitality ( Sounds like a hotel to me) retail business ( shopping like an outlet mall) This is typical of a Kalahari resort. I don't see them placing a Kalahari in CA. but something similar is a possiblility with that wording.

I don't know guess well just have to wait and see what happens hopefully in SFMM favor.

Well after taking the wording of the site plans into consideration, it could still possible be a resort on the way. Newhall is about selling the land to developers not actual development themselves, so that 454 acres has been or will be sold in parcels or as a whole to who ever wants to buy it.

The site plans say... Residential (place for employees to live) recreational (many things/i.e employee picknic area) Hospitality ( Sounds like a hotel to me) retail business ( shopping like an outlet mall) This is typical of a Kalahari resort. I don't see them placing a Kalahari in CA. but something similar is a possiblility with that wording.

I don't know guess well just have to wait and see what happens hopefully in SFMM favor.

theoretically, then , six flags can even buy it, im not saying it will, but it would be a smart move on the park's behalf, i see velencia growing, they should take the land now before their closed in like knotts berry farm.

Quit building stupid houses out here, the traffic is getting bad enough trying to go across town, pray you never have to try and do that during rush hour. The major roads are already 5 lanes wide, and still it's not enough, just look at how McBean or Bouquet get swamped. Everyone's bent on living in the nice suburbia of Santa Clarita, too bad they missed it by at least half a decade.

I heard that Log Jammer might not be down for a month for them to airlift the pump parts in, I heard arrangements might be made to do it even in a couple days. Not having Blood Falls would hurt MM's Fright Fest big time, so I can understand why they're going to push for it.

^I guarentee you most, if not all of the people making money off Santa Clarita DONT live out here. Not to mention, I go to a school where I have to walk in the dirt next to the pathway because the walkways are no longer wide enough to manage all of the students.

...then again, everywhere is like that, anymore.

Um....to be relevant--I should be going on Friday for the Fright Fest, so you will have one of my super-sexy updates to follow.

Not to mention, I go to a school where I have to walk in the dirt next to the pathway because the walkways are no longer wide enough to manage all of the students.

I know how that is at school, it kinda sucks having to walk in the dirt to get up to the U buildings.

last weekend at sfmm the mechanics were doing block on x.the brakes at the bottom of the first drop were closed to tight and the train went half way up the raven turn then ended up getting stuck at the bottom of the drop.ive been told that x will be down for about 3 weeks.they will have to take the train and put i back together on the transfer track.