TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^ it's running better then it has the past few seasons, but it's far from amazing. Rode twice last Monday and one lap was great second beat me up still.

I don't see the investment happening but I for one hope they get RMC in there to do their thing to it

I haven't ridden Roar, nor did I ride the one at SFDK, but in my opinion, except for rare circumstances, a coaster RMC'd is going to be better than not given the conversion. An RMC "Joker" (or something similar) at SFA, would almost certainly be a better coaster than even a smooth running Roar, would it not? Can anybody who rode both coasters (pre-Joker) attest to whether the one at SFDK was in appreciably worse condition than the one at SFA?

Sure, an RMC would be better but as it stands it's already one of the best rides in the park (if it's still running the way it was running during Holiday in the Park). It's a not a ride that "needs" the RMC treatment and I don't see this park spending that kind of money anyway.

Honestly, I kind of hope I make it there before it gets RMC'd, as I'd like to get on a Roar before they're both gone! Sounds like I don't need to rush though...

Yeah I highly doubt it'll ever get RMC'd. It's Six Flags America...

Sure, an RMC would be better but as it stands it's already one of the best rides in the park (if it's still running the way it was running during Holiday in the Park). It's a not a ride that "needs" the RMC treatment and I don't see this park spending that kind of money anyway.

It was running extremely well last month when I was there. We almost rode it a second time... and that's saying a lot! We did follow the coasterbill MS method of riding though since the last time a couple years ago we got beat up pretty badly.

Roar is running great this year!

I see them giving it the RMC treatment before putting in a new coaster because its cheaper. Six Flags Inc. always seems to take the cheaper option for this park. Plus they have a really good assortment of coasters for the people that come to this park. They still fawn over Jokers Jinx for gosh sakes. They know they do not need to put a lot of time and effort into this park because the same people are going to come back every year. For a lot of the people that go to Six Flags America this is their summer vacation. Most of them are from lower income areas so that season pass is their escape. I have had many conversations with some of the management at the park. They have a table at Baltimore Pride sometimes advertising the annual gay night so that is a great way to talk to some of the management outside of the park.

I see them giving it the RMC treatment before putting in a new coaster because its cheaper. Six Flags Inc. always seems to take the cheaper option for this park.

Is it though? I know these rides were cheap at first but all indications are that they're much more expensive now. The cheapest option for this park is to focus on small additions and occasionally move in a relocated coaster. That's the sort of what they seem to be focusing on now and it seems to be working out for them. I don't really see why they'd break from that strategy.

I don't see any big investments coming to this park anytime soon because they feel like it's unnecessary. SFA still gets decent crowds due to the water park and fright fest but the dry park barely has lines during the summer. I could see a relocation coming or them doing something to apocalypse, either turn into a floorless with some track modifications to make it faster or burn it! Even the gp knows it's a horrible ride. The stand up gimmick only worked its opening year in 2012.

Lol, I don't see any big investments thanks to the size of the parking lot. Filled to the brim last weekend, and consistent 3rd lot filling last year. I usually do not get into real guessing until July, but I think water coaster or V2. Talk to me again in about a month.

Something funny. My youngest daughter is exactly 44 inches, so she can and did ride Wonder Woman; she can't ride the smaller swings up front: 48 inches. Lol, I know it's because of better safety systems on WW, but thought it was funny.

I see them giving it the RMC treatment before putting in a new coaster because its cheaper. Six Flags Inc. always seems to take the cheaper option for this park.

Is it though? I know these rides were cheap at first but all indications are that they're much more expensive now. The cheapest option for this park is to focus on small additions and occasionally move in a relocated coaster. That's the sort of what they seem to be focusing on now and it seems to be working out for them. I don't really see why they'd break from that strategy.

I totally agree here.

They know they do not need to cater to the enthusiast world. That is not their prime demographic. Six Flags Inc has been doing a great job with maintaining what they have. I would love to see lots and lots more flat rides, some more advanced technology water slides since this is their biggest draw, and some awesome relocated coasters.

Lol, I don't see any big investments thanks to the size of the parking lot. Filled to the brim last weekend, and consistent 3rd lot filling last year.

Six Flags America actually has a forth (unpaved) lot to the west of what most people call the "third" lot (the lot on the western border of the water park). Currently, a paintball company is leasing the land for a paintball course, however, if the park really wanted/needed the lot, they could quickly and easily convert the space into dirt lot with the intent to pave it if it was utilized frequently enough. In a pinch, about 1.5 acres of this "forth" lot is already paved and could be used if needed. The bigger issue is that it is about 2/3rds of a mile walk from this lot to the main entrance, so if they were going to utilize this lot frequently, they would want/need to make dedicated tram lanes to access this lot.

Aren't they getting SFGAm's impulse coaster anyway?

I just returned from a Great Escape, SFNE, Compounce, Quassy, SFNJ trip and will be writing up something this week.

First RMC conversion coaster ride for me on Wicked Cyclone and I am hooked. While I think an RMC ROAR would finally give the park a coaster I could love, I don't see it happening. ROAR is a cold weather coaster for sure and people will catch on to this only adding to FF and HitP.

SFGAm's impulse seems most likely. If they were going to spend money I could see another Joker 4D cookie cuttered in.

The easiest way to disperse that crowded parking lot in the park itself is a path between Coyote Creek and the back of Gotham. When they do that they can clear the area for the Impulse or a Joker 4D. It would create some hype and buy a year. Change the restraints on Mind Eraser (which made it a tolerable ride at SFNJ). Drop in some Freestyle beverage stops while they're at it.

I would rather see them focus on ride op and food service training, couldn't advertise it, but it would help. I would love for them to partner with Chik Fil A in some way to have them train food staff and run the booths.

Lol, I don't see any big investments thanks to the size of the parking lot. Filled to the brim last weekend, and consistent 3rd lot filling last year.

Six Flags America actually has a forth (unpaved) lot to the west of what most people call the "third" lot (the lot on the western border of the water park). Currently, a paintball company is leasing the land for a paintball course, however, if the park really wanted/needed the lot, they could quickly and easily convert the space into dirt lot with the intent to pave it if it was utilized frequently enough. In a pinch, about 1.5 acres of this "forth" lot is already paved and could be used if needed. The bigger issue is that it is about 2/3rds of a mile walk from this lot to the main entrance, so if they were going to utilize this lot frequently, they would want/need to make dedicated tram lanes to access this lot.

Ah. I didn't know that. Thanks.

I just returned from a Great Escape, SFNE, Compounce, Quassy, SFNJ trip and will be writing up something this week.

First RMC conversion coaster ride for me on Wicked Cyclone and I am hooked. While I think an RMC ROAR would finally give the park a coaster I could love, I don't see it happening. ROAR is a cold weather coaster for sure and people will catch on to this only adding to FF and HitP.

SFGAm's impulse seems most likely. If they were going to spend money I could see another Joker 4D cookie cuttered in.

The easiest way to disperse that crowded parking lot in the park itself is a path between Coyote Creek and the back of Gotham. When they do that they can clear the area for the Impulse or a Joker 4D. It would create some hype and buy a year. Change the restraints on Mind Eraser (which made it a tolerable ride at SFNJ). Drop in some Freestyle beverage stops while they're at it.

I would rather see them focus on ride op and food service training, couldn't advertise it, but it would help. I would love for them to partner with Chik Fil A in some way to have them train food staff and run the booths.

Other than Batwing, I do not have an issue with ride ops. Food service is another issue. Someone needs to do something.

Food service is one of the worst parts about SFA nowadays. Most Ride Ops seem to be attentive and care about their duties, however most Food employees I've seen seem miserable and almost as if they are in constant pain performing their duties.

SFNJ? I think you meant SFNE which has a Mind Eraser invert like SFA.