TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I wonder what are the chances of Laff Trakk being ready for Memorial Day weekend. I want to go to Hershey Park and give it a spin. I haven't been to HP since 2013. I am from Baltimore and HP feels more like my home park than Six Flags America. I just don't want to go and then it has been delayed.

I wonder what are the chances of Laff Trakk being ready for Memorial Day weekend. I want to go to Hershey Park and give it a spin. I haven't been to HP since 2013. I am from Baltimore and HP feels more like my home park than Six Flags America. I just don't want to go and then it has been delayed.

Your chances are pretty good since the park has mentioned it will open Memorial Day weekend (probably that Saturday).

Not to derail the thread, but back the burrito talk.

Living in NYC, we have Qdoba, we have Moe's, we have Chipotle, and we have another chain called Panchero's. I've at at them all and this would be my ranking of them

1. Chiptole (most flavorful foods, seasoned well)

2. Pancheros (food is almost as good as Chipotle's, but missing something, they also hand press the wrap from a ball of dough each time)

3. Qdoba (the queso is one thing I wish Chipotle would add, it would make Chipotle perfect. The wraps are gummy and stretch for miles before tearing, the fillings are decent, not the best)

4. Bodily fluids

5. Sewage

6. Moes (super dry, even with sour cream and salsas, i feel like I'm eating dirt, no flavor at all, the other 3 are way way way better)

These are based upon the ones that are around me, so your chain stores may be different.

I went to a Chiptole in Philly and almost threw it because it was terrible.

Not to totally change the taco topic but I've been working on a recreation of Skyrush in NL2, still have some work to do to the lift and station but the creek park is nearly complete, here's a few photos.

Photos look amazing! Great recreation. The more I look at Skyrush it is a great hyper coaster!

Skyrush became my #1 last summer. The airtime is like nothing I've ever experienced and I was actually pretty terrified my first ride on it.

Looking forward to seeing everything with Laff Track completed. Such a fun park.

Hey everyone,

I've purchased a day ticket for Hershey this summer, and I've made a local hotel reservation, so I'm all set to go on a weekday in mid-to-late July. I live <5 min away from Kings Dominion and I'm a longtime passholder there, so naturally I'm a HUGE Intamin fan, with Volcano and I305 right nearby. This is my first visit to Hershey, and probably will be my only visit for at least 5-10 years. Unfortunately, I will only have around 6-6.5 hours at the park due to check-in requirements where I'm staying, and it wouldn't be worth it in gas money or time to re-enter the park later. Also, due to budget issues, I can't manage a Fast Track pass. Because of this, I'd really like some line advice for the park, if it isn't an inconvenience. Thanks!

It will be tough to give you recommendations since Laff Trak is being added, usually if you get there at opening you hit Fahrenheit first then the woodies in the back and eventually work your way up front. Skyrush is usually less than 10min wait between 2-4 so that's the prime time from previous years. Not sure when you'll arrive at the park though.

Just curious about the boards thoughts.

Now that Laff Trakk is installed do you think that the Wild Mouse in the boardwalk will be removed?

Laff Trakk in many ways is just a wild mouse so would it be redundant to keep both?

Will they keep it just for the coaster count?

Will they move it for another thrill ride or water park expansion?

When they first announced the ride I did not think about it but now that it is here I am thinking about it.

Personally I think they are two totally different experiences so I wouldn't say we would see Wild Mouse moved anytime soon unless they wish to expand the watermark into its space. It doesn't take up much room though so maybe only a slide or two could fit in.

Their Wild Mouse is a mobile model, so they definitely could relocate it somewhere else in the park if they wanted to.

It's a tricky situation. Midway America has really turned into one of the worst dead ends in the history of amusement park dead ends. The only way to get to three high-profile coasters in the park (Lightning Racer counts as two) is to walk on a single uppy-downy pathway, only to find yourself being forced to walk back in that same direction, all that way, to get to the meat of the park without walking through The Boardwalk.

Now, some people might not care because The Boardwalk is so well-integrated into the rest of the park experience and it doesn't actually have very many "danger of being splashed" zones, and that's good for them. But for those who just dislike water parks, and during those times in the season when The Boardwalk is closed, that walk to Lightning Racer is one of the worst slogs ever.

So, if they were to put Wild Mouse somewhere else in the park, they probably would need to replace it with another dry ride, to continue to give people reason to make the walk into the Midway America area. I think. Probably.

Their Wild Mouse is a mobile model, so they definitely could relocate it somewhere else in the park if they wanted to.

It's a tricky situation. Midway America has really turned into one of the worst dead ends in the history of amusement park dead ends.

I never thought about it that way. I do think Hershey Park has space issues which had led to some cool coaster interactions and they have a weird waterpark set up. Hershey Park is land locked. There is really not much they can do but I agree. I am impressed they installed a new coaster without removing one b/c it is so tight on space.

^Well they are ready to expand into their new land across the street from where Skyrush is, they are supposedly working on moving Park Blvd to open up more park space on the old golf course land. I haven't been around the park to see if that is actually happening or not though.

Hey everyone,

I've purchased a day ticket for Hershey this summer, and I've made a local hotel reservation, so I'm all set to go on a weekday in mid-to-late July. I live <5 min away from Kings Dominion and I'm a longtime passholder there, so naturally I'm a HUGE Intamin fan, with Volcano and I305 right nearby. This is my first visit to Hershey, and probably will be my only visit for at least 5-10 years. Unfortunately, I will only have around 6-6.5 hours at the park due to check-in requirements where I'm staying, and it wouldn't be worth it in gas money or time to re-enter the park later. Also, due to budget issues, I can't manage a Fast Track pass. Because of this, I'd really like some line advice for the park, if it isn't an inconvenience. Thanks!

It sounds like you are getting to the park at opening to maximize your visit.

With only 6 hours, your ride order should be based on your priorities. And if you have never been to the park ride the best coaster first.

As a huge Intamin fan, you should ride SkyRush first, then Fahrenheit, then Storm Runner. Get those three completed ASAP in case something happens (weather, unexpected crowds, breakdowns). Then worry about the rest.

I would hit up Great Bear, SuperDooperLooper (and possibly) Comet next to complete the major coasters on that side of the park before heading to Lightning Racer. I left out Sidewinder, Wild Mouse, Wildcat and family/kiddie coasters because if you are forced to skip coasters those are of lowest quality. Don't even think of riding them before you get the best out of the way.

Expect Laff Track to have a longer line than necessary as it is new, if i was you I wouldn't prioritize it.

Hey everyone,

It sounds like you are getting to the park at opening to maximize your visit.

With only 6 hours, your ride order should be based on your priorities. And if you have never been to the park ride the best coaster first.

As a huge Intamin fan, you should ride SkyRush first, then Fahrenheit, then Storm Runner. Get those three completed ASAP in case something happens (weather, unexpected crowds, breakdowns). Then worry about the rest.

I would hit up Great Bear, SuperDooperLooper (and possibly) Comet next to complete the major coasters on that side of the park before heading to Lightning Racer. I left out Sidewinder, Wild Mouse, Wildcat and family/kiddie coasters because if you are forced to skip coasters those are of lowest quality. Don't even think of riding them before you get the best out of the way.

Expect Laff Track to have a longer line than necessary as it is new, if i was you I wouldn't prioritize it.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to my visit! *drooling at the thought of three new Intamins in one day*

^Well they are ready to expand into their new land across the street from where Skyrush is, they are supposedly working on moving Park Blvd to open up more park space on the old golf course land. I haven't been around the park to see if that is actually happening or not though.

I think I read about that, I wonder how much land they are going to be getting in relation to the park but also how much that is going to cost b/c that might limit their expansion. Either way next year Hershey needs to add a drop tower AND or a big thrill ride, that is where they are lacking the most.

No, it's not the trailer-mounted one, but it's definitely the "mobile" model as opposed to Richochet at Carowinds which has the same layout but is the "park" model. They would obviously have to make a new foundation and station platform wherever they decide to move it (IF they decide to move it), but I'm pretty sure that the track and supports can be disassembled with little trouble.

If I recall correctly, Wilde Maus at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was able to be sent down to Tampa and reconstructed in a relatively short timeframe as Cheetah Chase / Sand Serpent. That's the same kind of wild mouse that Hersheypark has.