TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Questions about TPR's Front Page - Please read!

Do you regularly look at the front page?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly look at the front page?

• Yes
    • No

1. What do you find most useful about the front page?

The updates of course! I love reading about your adventures around the world.

2. What do you find least useful about the front page?

Nothing

3. Is anything on the front page confusing?

Actually, everything is very self-explanatory but the layout could be a little different.

4. How far do you scroll down the front page looking for updates?

Not very. I just like to see what's new.

5. How often do you look at the front page?

Every time I am on the site!

6. How often do you click on the "whatsnew" link?

^ditto

7. What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better?

Maybe a direct link to your POV videos section, as you take excellent on-ride videos!

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc?

Not particularly fond of the color (black is a little gloomy for my taste) and the fonts but other than that, I like it.

Hope this helped and hope I wasn't too direct with some answers! Honestly, if it stayed the same, I wouldn't mind as the content is what's important!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1a-mostly everthing,u add the the intresting stuff and much more

2a-nothing really

3a-nope

4a-most of the time i never scroll down because all the new uptades are usually on the topbut when i really want 2 see something old i do scroll down.

5a-mostly all the time i visit this site......which is all the time.

6a-i dont remeber???

7. What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better?

7a-nothing,most of the stuff u add on a daily(or more) basis is enough for

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc?

8a-nothing icould i could think of!???

One more thing: I'm not too fond of how the video download section is set up. It's kind of scattered and unorganized.

I'd like to see them organized by the type of video (POV, TR, Random, ect.) or by park. It's hard to find the coaster you want to see if it's mixed in randomly with all other kinds of videos.

Even arranging it by alphabetical order would be great!

Everything else is fine with me though...

1. What do you find most useful about the front page? It keeps me updated as to everything that is new and exciting at TPR.

3. Is anything on the front page confusing? No.

4. How far do you scroll down the front page looking for updates? Not too far.

5. How often do you look at the front page? Every time I come to the site.

6. How often do you click on the "whatsnew" link? There's a whatsnew link?

7. What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better? Strippers!

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc? I think I have mentioned this several times to you before. The reason I love this site is because of it's simplicity and ease of navigation. It's not cluttered or has too much going on on the home page. That makes it very inviting to a simpleton like myself. Did I mention strippers though? You can never go wrong with strippers. Oh! Crushed Velvet! It feels great as underwear. Imagine what it would do for a website? So yeah, strippers and crushed velvet. Oh! and lava lamps! They make me horny. Nothin' sells sex like strippers, crushed velvet and lava lamps. I'd buy twice as many sex toys from you all if you could find a way to fit those things into your home page.

Hi, how are you?

Ok well let's see.

-Forums updates, news and other stuff.

-Nothing.

-Nope.

-I guess, that is too far because I've seen everythings before.

-Everyday daily but I am intersting to read.

-Never.

-There's nothing but I can think of anything but I like it the way that is.

-I love your sites that look much better with the color scheme and everything else is fine.

Hope that helped, Good Luck TPR and see you around.

Larry

Just a little addition to my answers. Robb, have you considered Joomla/Mambo? It seems a CMS (Content Management System) would be a huge help in what you're trying to do in the long term. (From all these bits and pieces in your responses to this survey) And with bridging phpBB into it, user management would be seamless, all content and info is MySQL, and new features are installed on the fly. Maintenance is a breeze too.

And contrary to what a lot of people think, CMS's can be made to look like any other web site. A lot of people think they look too nerdy, but that's only because those are the ones you recognize.

Just some thoughts.

-Quick links to the new threads, pictures, and updates.

-There should be a bigger attraction or "Look Here!!!" to the TPR store.

-Nope.

-Usually just the days I've missed.

-Well, I have the Theme Parks forum as my home page, so I check it every now and then.

-Very seldom.

-Nothing, really. Just a bigger pull to the store would be better for the site in my opinion.

-Just what I mentioned about the store.

The Forum Updates section.

Not much really.

No.

Until I start to see updates I have already looked at.

Every visit.

I don't.

Its pretty good the way it is.

Nope.

The links to readworthy TR's.

The special features.

No.

Note at all.

Once of twice a month.

Never.

Amusement park and coaster news.

I'm not saying I can do better and I am not trying to offend you guys, but the frontpage looks kinda cheap.

Forum Updates, New, and Other Stuff section

The fact that there is a column for Forum Updates, New, and Other Stuff section & then a second column for the ones that were previous. Seems a little redundant.

My response above should answer this question....

I never scroll down

Every day

Where is this?

It would be great to see the most recent updates listed in a line across (rather than down) the page and underneath where the announcements are now. Any past official updates or special features can just be a link to those. This will de-crowd the front page. Maybe a little more color? Just a thought.

Read my response above. Keep up the amazing work on updating everyone on trips! I love to see these as they crack me up and make me want to come along with you all!!!!

The forum updates, news, and other stuff.

The mailing list sign-up.

It's kind of busy and the eye has trouble landing on one spot, however TPR has lots of content so it's understandable.

Just far enough to check the forum updates.

About once a week.

I'm not sure I ever have.

Nothing I can think of.

I'd like a somewhat more streamlined look to the front page. Not that it's cluttered, it's just a lot to take in at one time and seems like it could be simplified just a little somehow.

1. What do you find most useful about the front page?everything

2. What do you find least useful about the front page?nothing

3. Is anything on the front page confusing?no

4. How far do you scroll down the front page looking for updates?all the way down but everything is very useful

5. How often do you look at the front page?2xs a day

6. How often do you click on the "whatsnew" link?all the time

7. What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better?theme parks websites links

8. Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc? more games and contests for prizes

What do you find most useful about the front page?

I usually visit everyday and check for more updates in the right-hand column.

What do you find least useful about the front page?

Well, I don't really look at the "Special Features" too much anymore, because they really don't change much. I also have never used the "Search" bar. The site is easy enough to use without it.

Is anything about the front page confusing?

Not really, I have never had a problem finding anything so, no.

How far do you scroll down the front page looking for updates?

Not very far. Since I check everyday, I just look at the new stuff at the top.

How often do you look at the front page?

Once a day, sometimes more if I really like what was posted.

How often do you click the "whats new" link?

Actually, to be honest, I don't even know where that is.

What would you like to see added to the front page to make your visits to TPR better?

More color. The black is kinda boring to me. Also, more updates with some more mounted camera POVs. I like those.

Anything else you would like to mention? Like any thing else you would like to see us add/change/leave alone/etc?

I, personally, would like to see more about Six Flags parks. I haven't seen many updates from Great Adventure in a while. I see a lot of pictures from parks like Cedar Point and I don't think there's anything even going on there. Great Adventure is getting "The Dark Knight" so I'd like to see some coverage of that. As for changing anything, just colors. Everything else is perfect.

Thanks!

CIMG0892.jpg.1af79be8ef780d6810473df053d3c091.jpg

Talon at Dorney Park, PA. Just a photo I took. Can you add it to the Dorney Park gallery?

Easy to read and navigate, very user friendly.

Absolutely nothing.

Not at all.

I scroll down far enough to see all of the sections so I can see if there's been any updates.

Every time I come onto the site.

There's a What's New button? I have never clicked on it.

Hmm, perhaps a 'Log In' section.

I really dig the color scheme, I hope that stays. Everything looks great.

I find the frontpage useful and very user friendly

but's in what's new looks the same in my opinion. (ok,it's not)

video downloads

It's very handy but also in, members only....

I visit the site almost every day, read update's enz.

I don't use park index, because i live in europe.

events i also not use.

Just a little addition to my answers. Robb, have you considered Joomla/Mambo? It seems a CMS (Content Management System) would be a huge help in what you're trying to do in the long term. (From all these bits and pieces in your responses to this survey) And with bridging phpBB into it, user management would be seamless, all content and info is MySQL, and new features are installed on the fly. Maintenance is a breeze too.

When the new front page goes live it will be a SQL based version and at some point will integrate with the photo index pages and our updates.

The forum will most likely stay the same and mostly a seperate entity, but I would like to somehow add a user photo/video gallery, the ability to log in from the from page, and have the search include the entire site.

But that's a ways off...but yeah, I think what you're getting at is what we are working towards. It was fine to do hard coded html pages 2 to 3 years ago when the site wasn't as big as is it today, but now we need something that we can manage a bit better.

And for those of you who want some "cosmetic" changes, I have a feeling that will happen, although they will be minor, but they will 'sexy up' the site a bit more (Yes, Guy that means strippers and crushed velvet!)

At the moment the focus will be on functionality and then when we get all the pieces in place working together, we'll look into cosmetics.

Thanks again everyone!

--Robb

Ok, here's a question for all of you - What should the two columns on the front page be called? I realize they are confusing. Help us fix that!

The first column will be for TPR Updates, like when we do an update from a trip, West Coast Bash, something "major". I envision we would add to this column 2 or 3 times a month, and these are the updates that we would like to "feature" on the front page, thus we don't want them to be integrated with the 2nd column because we want them to be in position longer.

The second column is for stuff on the forum. News, trip reports, etc, etc. I see this section being updated at least every day, sometimes twice a day, occasionally 3 times a day.

Please give us your thoughts!

--Robb

The 'forum updates, news and other stuff' and 'official updates' sections.

I don't tend to use much else on the front page.

Nope.

I don't usually, unless there are a lot of new updates so I cant see them all in one go.

Most visits, although the bookmark I have is directly to the forum.

Never.

Naked chicks. Ok ok nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Leave the groovy colour scheme alone!

What should the two columns on the front page be called?

'TPR Official updates and news', and maybe the other one could be something along the lines of 'Featured Threads' since they are usually just user submitted photos etc that people might normally skip over, but choose to read as its highlighted on the front page.

For me it is two things: To see the "big" topics being discussed, and to see any announcements that have been added

The only thing I guess applies for me is I usually do not scroll down past maybe 5 or so stories, so I dont find stories after that "useful"

Not really

5 or so

I have it bookmarked, so pretty much every time I visit the site.

Rarely. Like maybe once a month, if that.

Honestly, I really do not know.

Its all good

As for the last question, maybe something like "Site Updates" and "Forum Discussions." Although honestly, if you left them as is I think it would be ok.

The forum updates and the navigation at the top

Nothing really - the Special Features doesn't get updated enough Oh and I don't use the Search button

Nope

All the way to the bottom

Whenever I come onto the website - I always check for new updates on the front page if I have nothing to do at work!

I've never used it before - but I would now that I know what it is and does

Um... maybe the new upcoming TPR trips that are available

I like the layout of the front page at the moment so hopefully that will stay - apart from that no

Well first of all, sorry if this is a bit too in depth in some places.

I like that fact that the front page links you to all the main sute updates and videos that you guys have posted. It offers a great way for us to see all the new PhotoTrip Reports that have been posted by the members, and keeps us upto date with all the ThemeParkReview farting about (if thats what you call it).

The least useful feature of the front page is the random search bar at the top of the main page. It is a feature that i personallyhave never used, nor ever will use. As i prefer just floating around the Forums looking for stuff, rather than searching. I'm not sure how many others use it.

I think the Nav bar was confusing for me when i first joined. Purely because it was too small and did not stand out from the rest of the page as much as i should.

When ever i notice that the page looks slightly different, i know theres been an update, so i scroll down the entire page looking to see whats new. So i check the frontpage for udpates regularily.

I look at the front page every time i log on to the site, to look at all the updates and TRs.

I did not even know that, that link was there until i saw this question.

I would like to see a nicer and more light colour scheme and no search bar.

I like the layout of it. But in my opinion, you need to work on the Navigation Bar and the overall colour scheme of the site.

1. Past trips, to be able to get ideas.

2. No idea.

3. Not too bad.

4. Japan 2004 trip.

5. Almost never.

6. I clicked it for the first time just now, to see what it does

7. Since I always goes to the forum, then changing the front page wouldn't do anything for me.

8. ...

ANSWER : The updates are very useful and of course the link to the forums main page.

ANSWER : Nothing.

ANSWER : Maybe the announcments MAY be confusing sometimes but I am pretty used to it and as fas as I see it is just part of the site language.

ANSWER : As I visit the site daily (more than once a day actually) I just look for the updates since my last visit as I know the updates I orginized from the newest (up) to the oldest.

ANSWER : Daily, actaully every visit.

ANSWER : Actually never did.

ANSWER : I would like to feel more as a community, maybe upcoming birthdays of other members may give me the sense of "family".

Also a news ticker might be nice.

ANSWER : I really appreciate what you do !!!!!!!!!

- I like how the its always updated with the latest news. It seems to me that everytime something major happens within the themepark/coaster comunity, TPR has it on the front page that day. I also like how if someone puts effort into a really good photo TR that also gets recognised on the front page

- I don't really use the search function unless I want to show someone something and can't find it. Apart from that, I like the front page!

- Nothing at all

- It depnds how long I have been away for. I tend to look at all the updates I haven't seen

- Everytime I log on.

- I've never looked at it, I always just use the 2 columns on the front page

- Hmmmmm, Nothing at all!