TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Im sure they try to remove them, but you cant ever totally rid of bees. So its probably added just in case someone tries to pull a stunt off at the park over a little sting.

It's not "pulling a stunt" when you're deathly allergic. They're putting the sign up because it's the right thing to do.

I found a link on another site that I find interesting. It appears the tenants of Plaza Fiesta have been asked to vacate soon although a firm date hasn't been announced.

LINK

While it may be nothing, it is located on prime land right beside the 61 acres Cedar Fair bought in 2011. The blue below is the general area of the land bought in 2011 and the red is currently Plaza Fiesta. It will be interesting to see what happens to this land and building as it appears the shopping area is closing.

Carowinds.JPG.93e62fb96c5f76c1fbdace33b86d8e1e.JPG

I noticed this back by the Intamin drop tower they have at Carowinds. (I think it's just called "Drop Tower") I was wondering why they don't just remove the bees and wasps?

The parks Horticulture department removes Bees and Wasps hives/nests however they will still linger around the area long after the hive is gone so the park puts the sign there as a precaution. Bees aren't as much of an issue as Wasps are. Bees will only sting when provoked whereas wasps will sting regardless.

I found a link on another site that I find interesting. It appears the tenants of Plaza Fiesta have been asked to vacate soon although a firm date hasn't been announced.

LINK

While it may be nothing, it is located on prime land right beside the 61 acres Cedar Fair bought in 2011. The blue below is the general area of the land bought in 2011 and the red is currently Plaza Fiesta. It will be interesting to see what happens to this land and building as it appears the shopping area is closing.

[attachment=0]Carowinds.JPG[/attachment]

Hmmmmm this looks like it can go a lot of different ways. But I doubt a new coaster is going in there. It looks like it's too far away from the park to be land needed for a new coaster. Unless it's some mega huge, monster coaster that really does take up that much space. In that case I think we would defiantly be looking at a length record.

It's a big enough spot for a Castaway Bay - Carowinds indoor water park resort.

You could fit Castaway in just the size of the shopping center building but if Cedar Fair ever decides to build more "Castaway Bays" hopefully they keep the theming (the best I have ever seen for Cedar Fair) but create a larger water park than the one in Sandusky.

But I can't remember if it was recent or not but I remember seeing somewhere the new Cedar Fair executives were interested in moving corporate HQ to charlotte.

It's a big enough spot for a Castaway Bay - Carowinds indoor water park resort.

You could fit Castaway in just the size of the shopping center building but if Cedar Fair ever decides to build more "Castaway Bays" hopefully they keep the theming (the best I have ever seen for Cedar Fair) but create a larger water park than the one in Sandusky.

But I can't remember if it was recent or not but I remember seeing somewhere the new Cedar Fair executives were interested in moving corporate HQ to charlotte.

The CEO did work for Disney and based on Timber Mountain and Calico, I'll bet there will be some theming.

^^ The reason Cedar Point's isn't larger is because that was an existing Radisson hotel. Eventually, they converted it from a regular hotel into Castaway Bay. I'm sure if they would have built it from scratch, it would have been larger (especially now with the competition from Kalahari, Great Wolf Lodge, and the other one they just built in Sandusky).

^^I haven't experienced any bee issues at Carowinds, not to say there aren't any. Rumors are they removed the Thunder Road tunnels because they couldn't control the bees in them. I never tried to verify that.

There are certainly numerous options for Cedar Fair to purchase that mall with an indoor waterpark being a good option. It'll be interesting to see if anything pans out.

I'm against pay rides at POP parks. Honestly Go Karts, Sling Shots, Skyscrapers and Sky Coasters make a park look tacky IMO. Your already paying at least $40 to go to the park and drop another $15 for a 3 minute ride?

Upcharges like sky coasters, games, and go karts are a noticable portion of a park's income. Would you rather pay more to get into the park?

It is being moved - supposedly to the area near Nighthawk and Panda Express.

I hope to be able to get a tour of the park early next year. If so I will have an off-season TR to share.

I'd rather it get moved to the Scrap Yard.

I would rather see it gone also. Where are they going to have room for it near Nighthawk since Nighthawk is already crammed into the middle of the park.

I'm against pay rides at POP parks. Honestly Go Karts, Sling Shots, Skyscrapers and Sky Coasters make a park look tacky IMO. Your already paying at least $40 to go to the park and drop another $15 for a 3 minute ride?

Upcharges like sky coasters, games, and go karts are a noticable portion of a park's income. Would you rather pay more to get into the park?

Yeah. I would rather pay $60.00 to have about 40 free rides than $50.00 for 35 free rides. Parks were fine for years without upcharge rides and then around 1995, Sky Coasters, Go Karts, Slingshots, And pay rides starting showing up.