TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Hello everyone,

I am currently in the Charlotte area for work and would like to head out to Carowinds this weekend. I was planning on getting fright lane. I am looking for someone to hang out with, I'll do it alone, but its more fun in a group. Please let me know if anybody is heading to the park Saturday night.

Bob Phillips

Cedar Fair puts rides where they will work best. It might not seem normal to put 2 identical B&M coasters in the same park. Twice. But, it will work out in the end.

Yes, because Fury will be EXACTLY the same as Intimidator. Ok seriously, stop discussing this, I searched B&M Hyper Giga and got 6 pages of results JUST in this thread. They are completely different coasters that are made by the same manufacturer, they are not same ride, so stop bringing it up.

Is it weird that I'm more excited about the park's redesigned entrance plaza than I am about Fury 325? I really loved the state line being visible as guests walk in the park, and the new design looks like it will still highlight that while giving the new plaza a more modern feel.

Is it weird that I'm more excited about the park's redesigned entrance plaza than I am about Fury 325?

No, apparently no one is excited about Fury 325, so this is completely normal.

I am! And maybe I shouldn't be so much as I probably won't ride it in the next few years.

Is it weird that I'm more excited about the park's redesigned entrance plaza than I am about Fury 325? I really loved the state line being visible as guests walk in the park, and the new design looks like it will still highlight that while giving the new plaza a more modern feel.

I'm equally excited for Fury 325 and the new entrance plaza. I think walking over a coaster to get into a park is REALLY cool!

Is it weird that I'm more excited about the park's redesigned entrance plaza than I am about Fury 325?

No, apparently no one is excited about Fury 325, so this is completely normal.

I don't think you understand how hype and discussion work. It's been a while since the coaster was announced so initial hype has died down a bit. Wait until we see more substantial and impressive construction and you'll see people gain more interest. Skyrush had very little discussion post-announcement and pre-trackwork, and look how much hype that coaster had after!

Overall this thing isn't super exciting for everyone here because TPR doesn't have a huge community of Carowinds locals who will visit the park next year. Also Carowinds kinda sucks so who knows how many of us plan on coming down to ride this thing anytime soon. I'm sure I'd love the coaster (Even if a lot of people wont, ie Leviathan and other new B&M hypers), but I still kinda dread having to take the time to stop by this park. Knowing BGW and Dollywood are relatively close is pretty much the only reason that I'd go to Carowinds again.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the project come together an hopefully this brings something to a park that I found very lacking. I can't wait to see what this huge lift will look like!

^Even on announcement day, there wasn't too much hype. Many were confused and mad that Carowinds was adding a 2nd B&M speed coaster. No one here likes Intimidator and Afterburn is the only attraction worth coming to the park.

I'm just gonna have to realize that the only thing I have to be proud of on this site is Afterburn (I still love you Intimidator, even though no one else does).

*EDIT: By "here", I mean on TPR, not in the Charlotte area.

Edited by tarheel1231

Intimidator looks like a fine coaster. This one also looks like it will complement it as its a different experience. Not much airtime but lots of twists and turns well help differentiate The 2. i think its really just going to depend on the intensity of the ride to see how well recieved it is. Definately wont have any snap transitions like i305 though

After all the bad I had heard about Intimidator, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the airtime was on it, when I made the trip down this summer. Trip report in progress. When the Fury 325 announcement came out, I was honestly PISSED it was not an Intamin, and said the ride looked lame. But now that some time has passed, and I've come to terms that Skyrush and I305 will have to hold me over for yet another year, I find myself actually looking forward to F325. Kind of excited to see if B&M will push the forces a little further than Leviathan. Even more so, because how surprised I was by Banshee at the Bash this summer. I know F325 won't be my new number 1, but maybe it can be a top ten coaster, and that possibility is nothing to be disappointed about.

Edited by Nickstroberg

After all the bad I had heard about Intimidator, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the airtime was on it, when I made the trip down this summer.

Wrong thread, you must be talking about I-305 as most of the comments about the hyper on this website are negative. I'm assuming you meant to post it on this thread: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54210

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope Carowinds speeds up construction on F-325 as I'd like to ride this monster on opening day. I don't think we'll see a lift-hill topping by the end of the season, but I'm guessing mid-November.

After all the bad I had heard about Intimidator, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the airtime was on it, when I made the trip down this summer.

Wrong thread, you must be talking about I-305 as most of the comments about the hyper on this website are negative. I'm assuming you meant to post it on this thread: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54210

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope Carowinds speeds up construction on F-325 as I'd like to ride this monster on opening day. I don't think we'll see a lift-hill topping by the end of the season, but I'm guessing mid-November.

I think you need to slow down a little bit. You're complaining that nobody like Intimidator/Carowinds in general, and then essentially putting down the park to do what? Make others feel bad for you? I have not ridden Intimidator, or any of the newer B&M hypers, for that matter, but from what I've heard, they are all solid coasters with decent airtime. I've ridden some of the older ones, like Nitro and Apollos Chariot, so I can't imagine they are much different.

That being said, it is hard to talk about a coaster that really isn't THAT groundbreaking (I know, tallest/fastest Giga, but not a new type of experience) before any worthwhile progress has been made.

Fury 325 and the new entrance both look very promising, but as a previous poster mentioned, not many members are locals to Carowinds, myself included. Carowinds looks like one of the better Cedar Fair parks IMO, and certainly miles ahead of my home park (SFA), but you don't need to point out that NOBODY likes Intimidator (which is not true).

Not trying to be rude, just wanted to state my opinion.