TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Britney's Little Sis Jamie Lynn Spears is Preggers

gnewton34

To be honest, I'm holding the entertainment industry partly responsible. They took those child stars and was quick to put them in the skimpiest clothes as soon as they turned 18... from some of those pics of Jamie Lynn plastered with makeup, they couldn't wait for some... making girls think it ok to look like they're on their way to their job on the street corner... while guys were looking like slobs wearing baggy pants with their butt sticking out and oversized shirts pimping the ladies.

I just hated to see videos where female artists were rolling around in mud, gyrating or popping their butts into the camera, selling sex to promote their albums. I won't even go into how Alicia Keys (when she first hit the scene) said she wasn't going to do any of that and concentrate on her music... then she got that big contract and the industry was quick to snatch those braids out of her hair (probably pulled out some grey matter in the process) and put her in a mini skirt. She's hookered out too. I remembered when she was performing with Stevie Wonder on an awards show. "Who is that?" was I could say. That's how radical it was. Claiming to be classically trained wearing a hot mini. Yeah, that's inspirational to young girls.

So with all that, I can imagine impressionable girls find it hard not to think that being grown up involves looking like the girls on the video. Now those girls, (Linsey, Britney) are all used up and drugged out.

Hope the young girls don't take that as example. They should just turn off the tv and read a book... if that's what the industry is trying to tell them to be like... and keep their self-respect. If anything, the girls should learn that not following their "role models" will make them better off.

Terry

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrance, that was an excellent post.

I battle the industry induced streotypes at my school everyday. The baggy pants, the hooched out clothes, the whole "keepin it real" lifestyle that is portrayed by a bunch of artists who took their whole family out of that life years ago.

So I guess a few months back the National Enquirer ran a story about Jamie Lynn being pregnant, and they got an angry letter from her lawyers...

"Ms. Spears is a devout Christian with a spotless reputation, who lives in accordance with the highest moral and ethical standards in accordance with her faith.

There is no “rumor concerning Ms. Spears' (non-existent) pregnancy, except perhaps for the baseless rumor just now being created by the National Enquirer.

Ms. Spears is not pregnant. It is pathetic for the National Enquirer to attempt to create a wholly baseless rumor that Ms. Spears is pregnant, so it can run a malicious story and false story which would be emotionally devastating to a morally upright 16 year old girl."

LOL's for days, man.

Well, the father is actually 19. And get this, her parents were letting the guy live with her. They were letting a 19 year old and a 16 year old shack up. And they're surprised she got pregnant? Best...Parents...EVER!

I'm surprised the police hasn't thrown him in jail yet for statutory rape--no matter how consentual she was. What is the age of consent for Louisiana? 14? 10?

Wes: The Inquirer needs to publish that letter again with the heading "And you were saying..."

Downunder: Just wrong. But if he goes in he's coming out with pigtails in his hair and he'll answer to "Peaches". I remember this guy told me when he got out of jail (yeah yeah, once again you'll be surprised who I know):

"In jail you can get sex whether you want it or not."

Good incentive to stay out of trouble.

Maybe Disney can make some good out of this and have her character get pregnant and send a message to girls about sex. It would be better than the bubblegum crap scripts they have now. At this point, somebody in the industry has to make a stand and say "Don't be in such a rush for sex or don't believe you gotta look like a hooker to get ahead." It might as well be Disney, since they believe in family values so much.

Until then Zoey 101 gets an 'F'.

Terry

^ LOL.

Thinking back, this is actually really sweet of the Spears girls. First, Britney went out of her way to make Christina Aquilera (sp?) look like the respectable one. And now Brit and her sis are teaming up to make Paris Hilton look like a saint, comparatively speaking. Such a nice gesture for the holiday season.

I'm surprised the police hasn't thrown him in jail yet for statutory rape--no matter how consentual she was. What is the age of consent for Louisiana? 14? 10?

They don't arrest white people in Louisiana

They might in this case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=503650&in_page_id=1773

There is a God!!

As much as we'd like to see that guy go to jail, and Jamie-Lynn punished somehow, it's looking like it's not going to happen. It turns out he's 18 and not 19. The press probably just fudged that a little to create controversy. He was born April 29th, 1989, Jamie-Lynn April 4th, 1991, putting him at just under 2 years older making it legal in the state of LA.