TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update on the situation:

The state Rheinland-Pfalz who owns the Nürburgring has cancelled all contracts with the private managers of the theme park. It is suspected that a longer lawsuit will now follow. Meanwhile the theme park will at least be closed partially - if not altogether as long as the lawsuit is pending. Negotiations with the union Verdi who represents the workers have also been cancelled - it now looks like up to 92 employees have to go.

German article by tv station SWR

• 3 months later...

I just heard the rumor that some track has been removed and seen on a german highway.

Currently a big festival is held on the Nürburgring, Rock am Ring. While watching the internet live stream Ring*Racer was shown shortly, with missing track elements!

Dunno what this means, i guess it's the end for this coaster.

A german newspaper reported early this year

"Ein Verkauf des Stahlkolosses sei indes jedoch möglich. Das allerdings wohl nur mit einem erheblichen finanziellen Verlust. Ein mündliches Angebot eines ausländischen Freizeitparkbetreibers liege dem Betreiber bereits vor."

-

"A sale of the steel giant is still possible. This probably only with a considerable financial loss. A verbal offer of a foreign theme park is already made."

http://www.general-anzeiger-bonn.de/lokales/region/Der-Ring-Racer-bleibt-auf-der-Standspur-article618538.html

Holy smokes! What a crazy development.

I suppose there is an outside shot that some of the track was taken out to be re-worked, but it definitely sounds like they finally just pulled the plug on this beast. Incredible story. Wonder how much money is estimated to have been lost?

Does this make it one of the rarest credits? Did anyone actually get a chance to ride Ring Racer?

Yes, some people have. See this picture of RCDB :

Source: RCDB.com

But I don't know if it really opened for guest. To bad it had to leave already. Does someone know what the real of breakdown is?

As far as I know was ring°racer technically able to open for visitors. But the government did not give the permission, some evacuation plans still had to be checked. (I heard that, no guarantee of correctness!)

The main problem with that whole project were the local politicians: Party 1 decided to build the Ring°Werk, party 2 was strictly against the whole project. Meanwhile the local political changed and party 2 leadership became the leadership... You can imagine...

Now we're having a grave of taxpayers' money... That's Germany!

As far as I know was ring°racer technically able to open for visitors. But the government did not give the permission, some evacuation plans still had to be checked. (I heard that, no guarantee of correctness!)

The main problem with that whole project were the local politicians: Party 1 decided to build the Ring°Werk, party 2 was strictly against the whole project. Meanwhile the local political changed and party 2 leadership became the leadership... You can imagine...

So there's nothing wrong with the ride itself, just the politicians?

Of course the ride was messed up, the airtanks exploded several times. Politicians had nothing to do with the ride, but with the park itself that was totally overbuild for the area

Of course the ride was messed up, the airtanks exploded several times. Politicians had nothing to do with the ride, but with the park itself that was totally overbuild for the area

Yeah of course, that was the problem with the ride a few(?) years ago. I was just talking about the latest development...

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I was half-convinced that Hanno's link would be a video of them dismantling the ride. Interesting that they're still trying to get it up and running, but I imagine it was a huge investment to begin with. I hope it works out this time.

info from early march this year indicated that after bankrupt they were working on "rebooting" the project/program/site/park whatever you want to call it.

(I believe it's a chapter6 construction called in the US?)

link

it basically says that they were expecting a new permit to "run" the ringracer in the next couple of months...

Yeah, it was posted on April 17, 2013, but who knows how old the video really is?

EDIT: Just saw Hanno's post. Very interesting, indeed.

Edited by cfc

@Jew: nope, sounds like a massive lawsuit is coming down the pipe for S&S Powers.

I spent 30 mins to translate the most important parts of an article from Rhein-Newspaper released in January 2013. In my opinion it summarizes all events but it is very detailed so I summarized it once again. See it as a lazy translation... if other German-speakers want to explain something in detail... go for it!

BTW I dont know if this article paints a true picture of the behavior of S&S or if its too influenced by the owners point of view. But if it is true.. I don't really understand S&S... especially thinking about image and PR.

Rhein Zeitung - 09.01.2013

Once again trouble concerning the Ring Racer - Owners sue U.S. manufacturer

The U.S. manufacturer is willing to supply the missing components of the safety concept for the first time, but requests payment in the six-digit range for them! The owners say in reply: "This offer is in form and content unacceptable" Therefore the owners have filed a lawsuit against "S & S Worldwide" located in the U.S. state of Utah. The lawsuit will begin after the advance payment reached the adminstration of the court.

According to the contract of purchase (May 08) the company "S & S Worldwide," is obligated to adopt all safety requirements by the German and the local government. These requirements were never fulfilled by S&S and as a result the district administration has denied the construction and operating license.

Meanwhile the Nürburgring Automotive GmbH (NAG) even tried to develop their own salvage conceptions and submit the biomedical report but this attempt was rejected by the administration of the dirstrict.

Now the U.S. manufacturers is willing to supply the missing documents and components but claims financial compensation from the bankrupt Nürburgring GmbH as soon as "the permits are granted" which means "the ring-Racer is working properly". The owners refuse this offer, especially as the lawyers of the U.S. manufacturer never mementioned the overdue penalty to be paid by S & S. The owners claim that the failures of the U.S. company are undeniable, furthermore the owners consider the safety requirements of the district administration as rereasonable.

Therefore the owners consider the bebehavior of "S & S Worldwide," as "quite shameless". Spokesman Pietro Nuvoloni proclaimed: "The behaviour of the company, has been the primary factor that has prevented the proper issuing of the construction permits and operating licenses. Nowadays the company requires a huge amount of money for the effort to remedy defects caused by the company. Such an offer is absurd"

Source: www.rhein-zeitung.de/regionales_artikel,-Neuer-Aerger-um-Ring-Racer-am-Nuerburgring-US-Hersteller-will-Geld-fuer-mehr-Sicherheit-_arid,536702.html