TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes that turn around a lot faster than we were meant to believe in the preview video. It's kind of lame that they couldn't add another exciting element to compliment that launch. I'm sure it will still be beyond exciting though .

The last big coaster I rode was Top Thrill Dragster, never had the chance to ride Kingda Ka.

Finally I live close to a big coaster. Ring°werk racers is "only" 2 hours away from my home, I will definetly ride it as soon as possible.

I will keep you informed.

No offense to S&S, but I think they are going to epic fail on this one...

I agree, S&S needs to move away from the reputation of low-capacity and unreliable rides. Rather than doing that, they introduce an 8 rider per train, maintenance nightmare. I really think S&S should look more towards lift hills and high capacity trains, they already have the Arrow technology to utilize.

^People dont go to the Nurburgring for an amusement park, they go for the races, they really didnt need a high capacity ride for this since it's not a major thrill destination. Kingda Ka is at a major amusement park, and only fits ten more people per train on, how is that not a low capacity fail?

^^ Speaking of nightmares, look at Hypersonic at KD. S&S Arrow coaster. So many problems with capacity. So many problems with maintenance. Closed. And now they build another pneumatically launched coaster that goes 54 mph faster. Not the smartest move for the company, but I guess they got to do what they got to do to satisfy the client.

I've heard their woodies are decent. Hopefully they start to advertise these higher capacity, lower maintenance coaster types, like you said and build them more. Eventually, move to steel coasters like that. Maybe they can redeem themselves...

^ It doesn't matter now, they have the fastest roller coaster in the world. Their attendance should rocket.

^People dont go to the Nurburgring for an amusement park, they go for the races, they really didnt need a high capacity ride for this since it's not a major thrill destination. Kingda Ka is at a major amusement park, and only fits ten more people per train on, how is that not a low capacity fail?

This is not a "fail" for the park, it is a fail for S&S. They have made enough launched coasters that are unreliable and low capacity, if that is all they can do, they will be bankrupt very soon. Look at what types of coasters are being built now a days, most are high capacity, low maintenance. They need to learn from companies like B&M and use some of the technology from Arrow.

This is not a "fail" for the park, it is a fail for S&S. They have made enough launched coasters that are unreliable and low capacity, if that is all they can do, they will be bankrupt very soon. Look at what types of coasters are being built now a days, most are high capacity, low maintenance. They need to learn from companies like B&M and use some of the technology from Arrow.

I don't think you can classify this a "Fail" (or a Winner) until it proves to be unreliable (or reliable). S&S provided the park what they wanted, now let's wait to see how it runs before we jump to judgements.

Is Powder Keg a failure?

The race track got what they ordered and it sounds like S&S talked them into adding the large final turn.

Is there an extreme launch coaster that doesn't have some issues? I wouldn't expect this to be the crown jewel of up time but I wouldn't purchase any launch coaster with that idea.

Hypersonic XLC was 55 mph slower and had equal capacity to Ring Racer and it was a failure. S&S needs to take advantage of designs they got from Arrow such as the 4th dimension coasters, rather than sticking to low-capacity maintenance nightmares. I could even see them making hyper coasters in the future. Facts are facts, they need to branch out to stay in business. Ring Racer may be great for Nürburgring, they may not need a high capacity, low maintenance roller coaster, but most parks do need exactly that. This may not be a failure for Nürburgring, but it will be for S&S.

It's not like S&S chose to build this coaster for F1. It's what they were paid to do. If Company X gets paid X$...and X$ is high enough to catch Company X's attention, the company will build whatever their client wants.

Hopefully the issues with the launch that doomed Hypersonic were addressed and fixed. I don't think the client would go with S&S if the problems weren't adjusted somehow--they might as well have just gone with Intamin otherwise.