TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which Disney resort did you visit first? FL or CA?

Which US Disney resort did you visit first? (CA & FL residents - DO NOT VOTE in this poll!)  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which US Disney resort did you visit first? (CA & FL residents - DO NOT VOTE in this poll!)

• Walt Disney World
    • Disneyland
    • I have only been to Walt Disney World
    • I have only been to Disneyland

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only visited DLR, as California is the closest point to Australia.

I've been 3 times:

-1978 when I was 14

-2002 with my young children

-2007 with my teenage children

I would love to go to Florida in a couple of years, but 2 things are working against me:

1) finance

2) wife not wanting to travel that far

Brian

I live in Northern California but I've been to Disney World just as many times since I have family who live in Florida. I sure wish I could go to Disneyland more often! or better yet live right next door! but I'm about 8 hours away.

Disneyland May 1987

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom November 1987

Epcot April1993

Disneyland October 1993

Beach Club 1 Night April 1995

MGM Studios April 1997

MGM Studios April 2000

Disneyland March & June 2001

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom April 2002

Disneyland & California Adventure August 2006

I've never been to the water parks & Animal Kingdom. For sure I'll visit those during a week long trip to Disney World in 2009. Next June I'm going to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. I sure can't wait since I've never stayed there.

I've only been to WDW... And I'm a life-long Georgia resident.

1974 - First trip by my parents doing when I (and the park) was 3 years old.

1978 - 8 yrs old, with Dad and friends.

1984 - 13 yrs old, with parents and brother.

1988 - 17 yrs old, school band parade trip to EPCOT.

1989 - 18 yrs old, Grad Night trip to Magic Kingdom.

1999 - 28 yrs old, first trip with my husband and son.

2006 - 35 yrs old, anniversary trip with surprise "Keys to Kingdom" tour and detour day at MK.

We may be going to Disneyland Hong Kong sometime next year since my husband will likely have a business trip to HK then. As much as I'd love to go to Disneyland, it's not likely to happen anytime soon, especially before the Hong Kong trip.

My first visit to a Disney park was in 1992, and it was WDW Magic Kingdom. But the first visit I actually remember was in 1995, again to the WDW. And my last visit to the WDW resort was in 1999.

And at the time of all my visits, I was living in NC. My family took the train down to Orlando, because at the time I was a huge train buff. Also it wasn't until late 1999 that I even knew that there was a Disney Land in CA.

Pretty sure my first was Disneyland

But I we made it to WDW Resort a few years later so I am not 100% sure, but were when I was really young.

Of course I have visited each probably 5-6 times since then. Nice place, but Disney parks aren't really my cup of tea

My first trip to the states was in 1992, we went to Disneyland and thought it was awesome (I was 13, everything was awesome). In 2005, my wife and I hit up all of the Disney parks, East and West and since then, i've been back to the states and Disneyland/ DCA another two times. (The only reason i go into DCA is California Screamin)

For us Aussies, Disneyland is heaps easier to get to as all of our direct flights land at LAX.

Wow...so um...it really sucks that some of our California residents have voted even though I have specifically asked them not to several times in the poll.

Why would you do this?

--Robb "I can see who voted for what option..." Alvey

I visited Disneyland in 1999, and never been to WDW. The reason is that I went to the states whit a friend who wanted to see more than only themeparks. So we traveled nearly a month through California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Nevada visiting mostly national parks to see the beautiful nature, and visited only Disneyland,Seaworld and Universal Studios Hollywood. For a european that isn't a hardcore coaster addict like this friend, I think a Westcoasttrip has more to offer than a Florida trip.

Another Australian here....

Visited Disneyland first, in 1998. Visited Disneyworld 10 days later. My opinion then was Disneyworld as "a whole" is the better vacation destination. But I felt, back then, that Disneyland was the best single park.

Went to Disneyworld again in 2003.

Will be visiting Disneyworld again in November / December this year.

Doing the DLR resort at the same time too.

I made my frist trip to Walt Disney World at the age of 4, and I've been to the resort 6 times in total. I can't wait to make my return visit asap (TPR Halloween trip please!).

I've lived in Toronto my whole life and obviously at that age it was my parents who made the choice for me. I'm yet to visit Disneyland and the reason I keep returning to WDW is that there is so much more to do there. Not only are there the 4 Disney parks, but Universal's 2 parks (plus SeaWorld) add to the Orlando draw. For the longest time the Disney World parks were the only theme parks I actually like, and are still the only ones that my whole family can go to and have a great time.

I want to visit Disneyland and plan on doing so whenever I can make a whole California coaster tour.

I have only been to WDW. The first few times with the parents--we could drive down from Atlanta and camp-- and the last time we were in Orlando for work and stopped by EPCOT for a day.

The first time we went, the building for Space Mountain was complete but the ride wasn't open yet.

The second time we went, the Space Ship Earth globe was complete but EPCOT wasn't open.

The last time at EPCOT, Test Track was mostly built but it wasn't open.

I've only been to California a few times for skiing in the Tahoe area and once when we drove down from Vegas for a weekend on Catalina Island back in 1998 (the year before I started planning coaster trips; otherwise I would've made time for at least one of the SoCal parks).

I've only ever been to Walt Disney World. I went when I was 12 years old, and it was the first theme park outside the UK I had ever been to!

Our main reason for going was the close proximity to Universal Studios, particularly Islands of Adventure. Also Busch Gardens.

For us going to Florida was a deliberate theme park themed holiday, but we would never have travelled all the way to California just to go to Disneyland.

Even though I'm from PA, I visited Disneyland first (1989). I was visiting friends in San Diego, and DL was one day out of an overnighter to the LA area. Also took in Universal's Studio tour and saw the corner of Hollywood and Vine (what a dump even back then).

WDW didn't come until 2004. It was January and they had frost warnings. Figures I come the one week temps are in the 50s. Of course, we put every article of clothing we brought and were a lot warmer watching the night parade and fireworks than all the locals were.