TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tripsdrill Discussion Thread

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it's not. Last time I checked 6 million Euros is about $8.5 million. Balder cost about $9 million and this ride is 700 feet less of track.

The manufacturer is Cordes, but "Der Mammut" will feature typical woodie track, but with some modern technology applied to it here and there.

The ride will also have a splinkler system to keep it flexible in the hot summer months.

(added the line to the OP to avoid confusion)

^^No, his Euro to USD conversion was correct.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

6,000,000.00 EUR = 8,482,012.13 USD

And inflation could have been offset by there being several hundred feet less of track and a shorter lift hill.

Next time take the 15 seconds and look stuff up before you post.

And a hearty BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to this not being a prefab woodie. The graphics used in the ad certainly make it look like one.

Wait, whos making this? When you look on rcdb.com, all Intamin pre-fab woodies have Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes listed as the Builder for it, so does Intamin have anything to do with this coaster, or not? Also, if Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes built all the other ones, what did Intamin do?

Wait, whos making this? When you look on rcdb.com, all Intamin pre-fab woodies have Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes listed as the Builder for it, so does Intamin have anything to do with this coaster, or not? Also, if Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes built all the other ones, what did Intamin do?

Intamin has nothing to do with this project. On the "Intamin woodies" they brokered the deals, acted as a middleman between designer, builder, and customer, and built the trains. Arrangements like this are apparently how Intamin operates most of the time.

^^No, his Euro to USD conversion was correct.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

6,000,000.00 EUR = 8,482,012.13 USD

And inflation could have been offset by there being several hundred feet less of track and a shorter lift hill.

Next time take the 15 seconds and look stuff up before you post.

And a hearty BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to this not being a prefab woodie. The graphics used in the ad certainly make it look like one.

I did "look up stuff", actually, cause you have to include theming, and also "look up stuff" on the other side of the fence where you can see Troy charging 6,5 M€. with 3 more meter in height and about 160 more meters in length (which probably include GCI typical length eating transfert track under the shed).

What I mean, is that prices can't let us know whether or not it's a prefab. However, I know I've heard several times, that Liseberg's Director Lasse Zagai said that they could have had two Balders if it had been built with regular tracks. So I think that with our actual standards (being Troy), 6 M€ sounds really cheap for a prefab, and we can't really compare with (edit: remove: Troy, replace by:)Balder.

Then it's only my two cent, do whatever you want with it, it won't change the fact that we still don't know anything and that this discussion is pointless until we get more reliable information

this discussion is pointless until we get more reliable information

Agreed. My point was that it's obvious that Robb knows about exchange rate fluctuations and can easily check the latest rates. If he wasn't extremely aware of exchange rates, the TPR trips would be absolute disasters.

Everyone needs to stop this pointless arguing RIGHT NOW or this thread will be closed and the next person who continues this argument will get a 24hr ban.

I don't think anyone discussing this really has any clue. You're just going off what you interpreted off a press release.

Let me remind you that if you go off a press release, you'll learn that a Vekoma flyer has like 12 inversions.

So unless you are:

- A member of management from the park.

- One of the companies building the coaster.

Please do not post "facts" when you really don't have a freaking clue.

Thanks.

--Robb

Even if you decide to ban me for good:

The "facts" are as I said:

- The ride will not have the track that was used on the Intamin coasters. It will be billed as the first wooden coaster completely "made in Germany".

- The park will spend € 6 million in a new area that will be finished in 2010. The coaster is just a part of it, therefore will not cost that amount of money.

You aked me for the source of my information and i named you three. If you still want to call me clueless...fine. Maybe you are trying to prevent enthusiast hyperbole on the wrong front.

^Who are you and what is your problem!?!?

We were trying to be nice, and not even calling you out for your 'sources' that you don't name. But now you're freaking out about being banned!!?

Why is it that new ride threads always bring out the worst in people?

CALM DOWN EVERYONE! It doesn't matter what type of wood the stupid ride is made out of...just let it go!!!!

I'm really glad Tripsdrill will built a new coaster. That place was the surprise park of the Mini Europe Trip for me. It has nothing 'big' but there are loads of small things to do (I still have scars on my legs from the 'windmill slide' )

So I really hope this is the next big step for the park, and that it attracts more guests, because Tripsdrill is awesome and it deserves it.

I think using prefab track on wooden coasters is such a good idea that there's no reason other manufacturers won't start using this technology.

I can only imagine there has got to be a large amount of money to be made if a company can start offering "We will re-track your traditional woodie, with a pre-fab track system."

Parks at that point parks really COULD re-market that ride. Can you IMAGINE what a ride like GhostRider would be like if they re-tracked with that type of system?

I do wonder, are any US based companies researching making woodies with this type of system. At least it can be an option that they offer. GCI? TGG? You guys even thinking about it?

--Robb

Yeah, it's a great idea, but I think there are two problems.

1. Ingenieur-Holzbau Cordes and Herr Stengel own the patents for this style of fabrication. Unless they sell it to GG or GCI (which I can't imagine they would, or if they did it would be an enormous amount of money), they are the only people who can make it.

2. I think the cost of fabricating track for a pre-existing structure would be prohibitive. It would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to make the track fit perfectly, and unlike traditional wooden coasters, the track cannot be reprofiled to fit the support structure. In this sense, the track is like steel coaster track because you cannot modify it post-factory. I honestly think it would be about the same price to do a pre-fab retrack as it would be to build the same roller coaster from scratch again. I have no idea what a traditional retrack would run, but I would bet a prefab retrack would be 10 times more expensive due to the engineering obstacles.

Just my two cents.

Back on topic, it should be a good ride, I've heard Gerstlauer trains have gotten much better in the past few years.

I think using prefab track on wooden coasters is such a good idea that there's no reason other manufacturers won't start using this technology.

I can only imagine there has got to be a large amount of money to be made if a company can start offering "We will re-track your traditional woodie, with a pre-fab track system."

Parks at that point parks really COULD re-market that ride. Can you IMAGINE what a ride like GhostRider would be like if they re-tracked with that type of system?

I do wonder, are any US based companies researching making woodies with this type of system. At least it can be an option that they offer. GCI? TGG? You guys even thinking about it?

--Robb

Makes me think, maybe it Voyage were to get upgraded to this type of track system (Not likely...For a while at least...) then maybe they could stop trimming the ride at the MCBR. Because it would be cheaper and (much) easier to replace the trackage that gets damaged throughout the course after the MCBR. Just a thought.

I don't think I would like Voyage if that were the case. One of the main reasons I like the ride is that it's so out of control and aggressive. I think the prefab track would take away from that a lot.

To stop using th MCBR on Voyage they need to rebuild the problem spots (there were only 2 that I could really feel). I would think that this off season, the ride will get some attention to these spots so they can run it with the MCBR open.

About the Tripsdrill ride, I think it will be cool. From the layout pic (not sure if it was brought up in this thread or not so that's why I linked) it looks like it will have a good ending, especially if it does turn out to be traditionally built (the train will "fight" through those zig-zags rather than tracking smoothly, which should have nice laterals). Either way, I think it will be a good addition to the park.

About the Tripsdrill ride, I think it will be cool...especially if it does turn out to be traditionally built (the train will "fight" through those zig-zags rather than tracking smoothly, which should have nice laterals). Either way, I think it will be a good addition to the park.

If it does end up being traditionally built I really would worry a bit about the overall quality of the ride. When was the last time a really GOOD wooden coaster was built that wasn't made by people who specialize in these types of rides?

I don't feel that any of the parties involved in this project really specialize in building "traditional" woodies. Which is why if it were a pre-fab I would be very excited as the parties involved seem like that is more suited to them.

--Robb