TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Just read about TDTESS.... It is yet another "Happening" (which was... boring and a chore to sit through)... The entire point of the first movie is stripped and its all about "going green". Dammit Hollywood... make your own movies, don't screw with classics.

Any way we can get this crap canned or something? lol.

^ Oh, COME ON.

Hollywood seriously needs to come up with some new ideas. Here, I'll even give them one free of charge:

An orphan finds a cell phone in the street, and through the weeks, gets several terrifying calls threatening her and her unknown parents' lives. So she goes, along with some other orphans, on a quest to find Chuck Norris, who will finish the job on the mysterious caller.

^^I hate that Hollywood is making a remake of a film that came out less than one year ago! 'Quarantine' will be scary to Americans because everything was stolen from [REC]. What's worse is, 'Quarantine' is a shot-by-shot copy of [REC]. Absolutely no originality was used to produce this generic remake. Isn't the point of a remake to improve the original or at least try to? Remember what happened with the last shot-by-shot remake? (The Eye, Psycho... both dreadful, dreadful remakes that embarrass the originals) Why doesn't Hollywood just release the Spanish version instead of making this pointless movie?

Oh, I know why -- $$$

Just compare the two trailers, and you'll see what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jafs5OZmC5c

to the remake!

My 5-day domestic box office predictions.

1)Handcock - 107 million

2)Wall-E - 51 million

3)Wanted - 39.7 million

4)Get Smart - 14.3 million

5)Kung Fu Panda - 9.7 million

From Boxofficemojo.

Handcock 107.3 million

Wall-E 48.5 million

Wanted 28.9 million

Get Smart 15.5

Kung Fu Panda 10.7

--Jay

^Nice

Wall-E: 10/10

I was blown away by this amazing Pixar movie. It had all the elements of a disney movie. I never thought I would see a movie as good as Finding Nemo, but I have. Also it was very-dare I say it-cute.

--Chris

^I also loved Pan's Labyrinth!

However, I was completely shocked by how violent the film was. All of my friends who had seen the movie, told me it was like a Alice and Wonderland type of story. But then Sergi López, who plays Captain Vidal in the film starts to stab this guy's face numerous times! Excellent story, cinematography and acting... can't wait to see more of Guillermo del Toro's work.

Wall-E 10/10

One of the best Pixar films to date IMO. It was visually amazing and the story was pretty cool. I was really touched by the relationship between Wall-E and EVE. I applaude Pixar for making another stellar movie.

Cloverfield 7/10

The story was kinda weak, but this was still WAY better than I thought it would be. The scene in the subway tunnel was freaky and awesome. The monster looked awesome and even though the movie felt extremely unrealistic and the acting wasn't that great, I think the action sequences made up for it.

---Brent

^I also loved Pan's Labyrinth!

However, I was completely shocked by how violent the film was. All of my friends who had seen the movie, told me it was like a Alice and Wonderland type of story. But then Sergi López, who plays Captain Vidal in the film starts to stab this guy's face numerous times! Excellent story, cinematography and acting... can't wait to see more of Guillermo del Toro's work.

I agree, I thought it would be more on the labyrinth. He brought his creature designs to Hellboy ll which comes out friday, I can't wait!

--Jay

Hancock 4.0/5.0

I really enjoyed the movie. A little on the short side, but at least it didn't drag. Overall, it was good and just out of my top 5 for 2008.

On a side note, I was really excited to see the new trailer for the new James Bond movie.

Wall-E -- 10/10

Easily the best Pixar film made to date, with Ratatouille and Finding Nemo coming in a close second. Charming, witty, and beautifully filmed... Wall-E exceeded my expectations and more. Go see it! Waaaaaall-E!

^I'm not quite sure how I feel about Jennifer Carpenter playing Angela. Manuela Velasco, who played Angela in the original, was photogenic, bubbly, and totally credible... I rooted her on throughout the entire movie, even during her bitchiest moments. Carpenter, on the other hand, seems whining and annoying.

Generally speaking, 'Quarantine' will probably scare Americans, as it is a shot-by-shot, word-by-word copy of one of the most terrifying films ever made. However, for those who haven't seen [REC] yet... I suggest watching the original, to support Jaume Balagueró (the original writer and director) and his attempt at bringing something fresh and scary to the screen. See 'Quarantine' if you're too lazy to read subtitles and can't be bothered with watching a movie in Spanish.

Got around to seeing Hancock last night. I've never seen a bad Will Smith movie, and this definately keeps the streak running. I enjoyed seeing a superhero pull himself from out of the gutter and having everyone think of him as an asshole to someone who gets applause everywher he goes. On the Homer Simpson rating scale I'd give this movie 9 thumbs up. It could have been a little longer, but the plot did leave holes for a sequel. Two words Hancock, "Good Job....Good Job."

Drillbit Taylor - 6/10

A plain-jane comedy about three geeks who hire a homeless guy to beat up a jerk. Not much to say about it, because that's basically all that happens. I have to say, however, that there were a few parts of the movie that made me laugh. Overall, rental at best. If you have a Redbox near you, rent it from there.

Redbox = awesome.