TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

Anything will be better than Storm Runner. That ride is way too short.

.. and this one is only 85 seconds... while longer than Storm Runner... it doesn't have a whole lot of track.

I'll still ride it and love it, i think

I think maybe a little GAdv -> Dorney -> Hershey -> Kennywood -> CP action is in order for next summer.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not to impressed with this. Intimin just copied a Eurofighter with the verticle drop and 97 degree drop. I dont know it just dosnt impress me. One other thing I noticed is the satium seating in the trains thats mentioned.

...yes because Gerstauler invented the number 97 and officially have a patent on it where anyone else who uses something similar is just a copy.

One other thing I noticed is the satium seating in the trains thats mentioned.

Don't most Intamin rockets, hypers, giga, terra, pretty much any coaster with the modern Intamin track style...have stadium seating?

EDIT: ^Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Although, I'm not sure if Maverick does, or coaster with that train design.

^ I know some people who would consider extreme height a gimmick.

And what feature on any roller coaster isn't a "gimmick"? A vertical lift is a gimmick...a 97 degree drop is a gimmick...and the list goes on. Some people would also just consider the height an element; something the coaster does.

The only thing about this coaster that blows is the over-the-shoulder restraints. A completely unnecessary addition that, like Maverick, leaves you wishing they weren't there.

It looks good...but it certainly was not worth all the crazy web-games they played. Nothing earth-shattering about this ride, IMO.

^OTSR are necessary for a ride that inverts this many times.

OTSRs are rarely, if ever, necessary. Especially in Intamin's case. Their's don't provide neck/head support, they don't even really touch you except the lap bar portion. It just seems to be more of a "in case somebody tries to do something really stupid" prevention harness. Take a look at Premier's Mr. Freezes or FoFs. The FoFs are crazy intense, but they do better without the OTSRs, and they still go upside-down four times at incredible speed. Then you have the Mr. Freezes, where on the return trips through the top hat, you lose so much momentum that all your weight is hanging on the lap bar. Still, no OTSRs.

OTSRs never seem to be necessary. They just seem like more of an extra "just in case" safety precaution.

I'm pretty excited for this thing.

I love Hershey Park, and pretty much all of their coasters.

Hopefully this new coaster will leave no one in line for Lightning Racer, so I can ride it over and over and over again!

I thought that I would love the Euro Fighters, but after riding Mystery Mine this summer, I wasn't too impressed. It kind of had a Wild Mouse jerky feel to it.

I'm sure this Intamin take on it, or whatever you want to call will be a lot better, or so I feel.

^ Why not? The X-cars pull off just as crazy inversions, yet I haven't heard of anyone to fall out of one yet.

Are you kidding? Great Bear gets stacked more than almost any b&m i've seen (even ones with 3 trains) If they can't not stack a capacity b&m machine what makes you think they will be quick with an intamin? Hershey has some of the worst operations.

Hm. I did a trip a few years ago with Hershey, Dorney and Great Adventure on the same long weekend, and I thought Hershey was far better than the others. Maybe it was just in comparison to the two other parks with weak operations.

OTSRs never seem to be necessary. They just seem like more of an extra "just in case" safety precaution.

I don't see myself walking off the loading platform after riding Montu, Superman Krypton Coaster, or Magic Mountain's Viper with just a lapbar. I don't think anybody else can either.

You've obviously never ridden any of the Premier LIM Bowls. If you knew how intense they are and how fast the trains go through the inversions, then you'd be saying "why not?" along with Joe and I.

Yes, I have ridden a Premier Spaghetti Bowl coaster before. It's the fact that you mentioned -- going through the inversions rapidly that keeps you in your seat.

Hanging through Viper's corkscrews slowly, secured only by a lapbar?

Thrown through Montu's batwing, secured only by a lapbar?

Tossed through Superman Krypton Coaster's zero-G roll, secured only by a lapbar?

I still hold my ground.

I can't believe this!?!? Are you people seriously THAT disappointed with the ride? It's a 2700 ft long looping coaster that HAPPENS to have a beyond vertical drop. Gimmicky? I don't know. Is building a ride that has a train below the tracks that gimmicky these days? Beyond vertical drops seem to be the new trend, not a temporary gimmick. This coaster has the steepest drop in the nation, an inversion element never seen before in the country, and 4 other inversions to boot, and people are seriously this disappointed in the ride? Heck, the only reason why it's any shorter than the arrow inversion monsters from the late 80's is probably because it doesn't have an enormously long lift hill!

I know, I know, I'm prepared to get thrashed by all the people who say they are entitled to their opinion. That's fine. I agree, you are entitled to your opinion. I just don't get it. Maybe I look for something different in coasters? Maybe I'm not spoiled? I don't know. I just can't believe that there is so much negativity about what looks to me like a bad ass ride. I don't get what some of you people want these days? It just boggles my mind. But whatever. I'll end my rant. Bring on the criticism.