TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great America Becomes California's Great America

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^Exactly, and while no Troy/Kentucky Rumbler, it looks really good. CGA seems to have a pretty pathetic coaster selection, and a ride like this will be great for the park. I don't know how their other coasters are-arrow looper, invert, stand-up and family coaster it seems- but this will easily be better than any of the wooden coasters there.

Wow! This thing looks sweet! I saw it this morning while browsing the 'pisp' internet browser and saved the images so I could look at it a bit better during my breaks at work. Finally, a long coaster without using slowness as an aide to lengthen the ride. If the sky tower wasn't there in that rendering, this coaster would look much more higher than 100 feet. Looking at with the tower, it looks about right. Now, off to NL and see if I can come up with it.

With this coaster annoucement being made so far in advance, which is unusual, is it possible that we could see 2 coasters for 2009? Maybe a future announcement may come at the end of the 08 season. But when was the last time one park installed 2 sizable coasters in a single season? I dont recall any but if it did happen it would be a very wonderfull thing, a nice big Intamin hyper/looper or a great B

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I think I will like this one. Sadly I can't go to California any time soon.

^Oh, um, in case you haven't noticed, Chiller has been dismantled, as in ripped apart, scrapped, and unable to be used by any other park.

Wow, that looks fantastic. That's one of the best layouts I've seen in a long time.

Quick side note to whoever it was who said GCIs don't have laterals: go ride Renegade. If that doesn't convince you, just look at Renegade. Perfect example of a changing company.

Its nice to dream about getting 2 coasters in the same year but I highly dought it would happen since they are spending all kinds of money on Firewall for next year. But then again is there a little chance at all??? I know SFMM got 3 coasters in 1 year but it happened over several months apart I believe & CGA has never done anything like that.

I'm really excited about this new coaster. I hope it gives a very smooth ride when it opens! IMO, Great America desperately needs another coaster. When I was there last year, I had a good time, but Drop Zone was the best ride in the park. (Top Gun was a close second)I feel that at least one coaster in the park should be as good as the Drop tower!

----Antonio"Expecting alot"G.

This is great and I am really happy about my home park getting a woodie that doesn't totally suck! I can't wait to ride it, looks like great fun with the wrap around Sky Tower and the 'exciting station fly by.'

The next coaster on my wish list would be an Intamin hyper/looper, or a nice big B&M dive machine. I would even settle for a bigger, better version of Top Gun or a nicely sized flyer. Of course the ultimate would, dare I say it, be a Maverick clone, then I wouldn't have to go all the way to Sandusky to ride it.

All there is to do now is burn Grizzly-Fizzly to the ground or blow it up and use that space for a coaster that would make good use of it, and of course wouldn't totally suck.

So last night, after seeing these positive changes for CGA, I have this dream. Top Gun was repainted and renamed. The track was painted all white and had darker purple supports and was renamed 'Fireball.' What the colors had to do with fireballs was beyond me...Top Gun should get a new coat of jet back instead of it's faded black just so that it looks pretty once again.

Another Thing is that the Demon NEEDS to be seismicly retrofited, i mean it nearly fell in the 7.1 Loma Prieta and those suports are ready to go in a 7.5 which we are well overdue for!

Brings up a great point!! Maybe Cedar Fair knows how over due we are for the next big one and they're just waiting for it to hit so they won't have to pay much to demo the rides!