The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though it's only halfway through the season and there is a lot of football left to be played, I feel like this year might end up being one of the least interesting playoff races in recent memory. It feel like over half of the divisions might already be decided.

AFC: Patriots, Texas, Broncos, Ravens/Steelers,

NFC: Giants, Falcons, Bears/Packers.

I honestly can't see anyone but the above teams winning those 6 divisions. The NFC West is wide open, the Vikings might try to play spoiler in the NFC North, the Saints/Bucs might make a late wild card push, and the Colts might be able to slide in as a Wild Card in the AFC but other than that the second half of the season might be pretty boring.

• 2 weeks later...

^Even a blind (Brown) squirrel finds a nut (turnover) every now and then!

That performance was atrocious but seriously what did Steelers fans expect from the guy who was backing up Byron Leftwich? I'm going to bet my soul against Pittsburgh losing every game as long as Batch is QB, but if they manage to pull off a late season comeback with wins over Dallas, Cincy, and Cleveland and slide into the playoffs at 9-7 it would't surprise me at all. I can see it now, Roethlisberger on the sidelines in street clothes for warm-ups limps out of the locker room after the half in uniform Willis Reed style in the new Cowboys Stadium to put the nail in the proverbial coffin on Dallas' season and begin the late season Steeler surge, wouldn't surprise me at all.

So the Packers lose another player due to injury. The injuries seriously need to stop, it's getting insane. They seem to happen so quickly they may not be able to field a full team if it keeps happening at this rate.

Sure, the last time they had a hysterical amount of injuries it worked out pretty well, but that season didn't exactly go smoothly. One can only hope for a similar result...

Just found this from Yahoo sports.

TIME magazine sat in on meeting between Goodell and Rich McKay, head of the NFL's powerful competition committee. Goodell brought up a proposal promoted by Greg Schiano, coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers: after a touchdown or field goal, instead of kicking off, a team would get the ball on its own 30-yard line, where it's fourth-and-15. The options are either to go for it and try to retain possession, or punt. If you go for it and fall short, the opposing team would take over with good field position. In essence, punts would replace kickoffs, and punts are less susceptible to violent collisions than kickoffs.

Sounds interesting but I don't think I would like it.

^ Not too much, it is a division match and they are usually close games. Also the Panthers should have beat the Falcons during the first meeting but Cam fumbled the ball which lead to a winning field goal. The Falcons for some reason like to start playing great towards the end of the game on both the offense and defense. Also did anyone else see the 2 point play taken away from the Falcons.

^ Not too much, it is a division match and they are usually close games. Also the Panthers should have beat the Falcons during the first meeting but Cam fumbled the ball which lead to a winning field goal. The Falcons for some reason like to start playing great towards the end of the game on both the offense and defense. Also did anyone else see the 2 point play taken away from the Falcons.

The Seahawks just won a divisional game against the worst team in their division 58-0.

Close games+bad losses=trouble come playoff time. Eventually they'll run out of miracles if they keep playing sloppy.

Edited by Jew

I'll say it again. The Falcons and Notre Dame are one in the same. Neither have really been tested, and both have either squeaked by or lost several games against inferior opponents. I'd rather have 9-10 wins against a tougher schedule than 13-15 against the doormats.

We'll see though.

The Seahawks just won a divisional game against the worst team in their division 58-0.

Close games+bad losses=trouble come playoff time. Eventually they'll run out of miracles if they keep playing sloppy.

I get what you are saying but I did say that they are usually close games. Also the Panthers have lost alot of close games this year and their team seems to find a way to lose when they have the lead, not saying that it wasn't a big loss. The Falcons defense needs to learn how to tackle better their defense is one of the worst against the run and we saw that against the Panthers.

I'll say it again. The Falcons and Notre Dame are one in the same. Neither have really been tested, and both have either squeaked by or lost several games against inferior opponents. I'd rather have 9-10 wins against a tougher schedule than 13-15 against the doormats.

We'll see though.

I agree and disagree with what your saying, the Falcons have been tested against good teams and prevailed. Their defense is good enough to stop the other teams progress and at anytime can get an interception and the offense is great they just need to keep Matt Ryan protected. I'm not saying the Falcons are the best team but I do thing they could win the Super Bowl.

I did. Don't know why they did that.

Because the refs have been doing a terrible job lately in the games I have been watching. Missing big calls and making stupid calls that have changed the game.