The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't believe how dirty Seattle's playing. When that guy shoved RG3 down after he was celebrating the touchdown he should have been thrown out of the game. It's the epitome of cheap shots. And just now when that guy yanked Garcon down by his face mask, then grabbed his face mask after he got up and started shaking his head, no flag when the ref obviously saw it.

Skins, like always, blew it. You can't win a playoff game with the 2nd worst defense in the league. It seems like I'm the only Redskins fan who can admit that the team has a lot of problems, especially with defense and coaching. And freaking Shanahan kept RG3 in when he clearly wasn't able to play. Freaking idiot Shanahan is going to ruin RG3's career before it starts.

There is no next week in the playoffs, and RGIII is the leader of the team. Sure he couldn't run as he usually does, but leaving the team captain off the field in the playoffs this year to protect the future would be silly.

And I'm sure if the outcome was still the same, Redskins fans would be complaining the captain of the team was left on the bench if he said he was able to play. It's a no win situation. He chose to ride the hot hand that got the team into the playoffs until the very end.

Edited by Jew

I agree to a certain extent. The simple fact is that we dominated the first quarter before RG3 got hurt and had no offense after that. There has to be limits, and RG3 should have known his limits and spoken out when he realized that he could barely move. I'm not placing all the blame on them because our defense could have done a lot more to stop Seattle. The truth is, and I think every other Skins fan would say this too, if Cousins had come in after RG3 got hurt we would have had a much greater chance of winning.

^ LOL!!!

I think I need to change one of my picks for next week. I think SEA is going to beat ATL. I kind of hope not because if my 49ers win on Saturday I think I'd much rather go to ATL than have SEA come to SF.

All challengers welcome to the GA Dome.

Really hoping GB crushes SF, who I still say are overrated. And if I was Atlanta, I'd be very afraid of facing Seattle next weekend. Still say they might be the "hot" team that powers their way to the Superbowl.

And the curse of Dan Snyder continues! I didn't expect the 'Skins to win, since they only made the playoffs by being best of a terrible, terrible division this year. RG3 is awesome and fun to watch (though he should have come out of that game at halftime, or at least shortly after), but overall the 'Skins are not that good.

Ray Lewis's well-timed retirement announcement finally spurred the Ravens into playing like the did at the beginning of the year, instead of being the team that barely showed up for most games in the latter half of the season. If they continue to play like this, they'll be in the Superbowl.

dt

^ Agreed about the Ravens. Totally disagree about the Niners. Defense wins championships, a Ravens fan should know this.

I don't know if this is necessarily the case anymore, Offenses that are efficient and score a lot of points with a defense that creates a ton of turnovers and effectively rushes the passer wins championships these days. The Packers, Giants, and Saints in recent years were "statistically" among the worst defenses in the league but a high powered offense and a defense that creates a ton of turnovers took them a long long way.

(San Francisco does have this kind of defense though)

^I'm hoping so, I had honestly never heard of the guy but some of my friends who are big Browns fans (I'm kind of a closet Browns fan) absolutely love the hire. The Browns have very quietly gotten better over the past couple of years and actually have a pretty decent roster in place right now with some good young talent, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up competing for that division or even a playoff spot next season.

I've been a HUGE fan of Chudzinski ever since he was a tight end at The U. The guy's got a brilliant offensive mind, and I still say that his departure as offensive coordinator at Miami in '03 is the exact downward turning point for that program. This guy has a knack for developing a perfectly balanced offense for any type of quarterback (Ken Dorsey, Cam Newton, and Philip Rivers...even though he wasn't OC there), so if I were Brandon Wheedon, I'd be pretty excited at this point!

I REALLY wish this guy well with Cleveland.