The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about you guys, but I want to see a Baltimore vs. Philadelphia game...those towns aren't far apart and I bet it would be a heated game...plus I'd like to see one of those two win it all...I don't care much for either Pittsburgh or Arizona.

If you think about it, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are the same thing in distance just about.

I see a Pennsylvania Super Bowl, and Tampa being torn apart from it.

I don't know about you guys, but I want to see a Baltimore vs. Philadelphia game...those towns aren't far apart and I bet it would be a heated game...plus I'd like to see one of those two win it all...I don't care much for either Pittsburgh or Arizona.

If you think about it, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are the same thing in distance just about.

The distances aren't really close to the same. According to Google Maps' driving distances, Philly and Baltimore are 98 miles apart. Philly and Pittsburgh are 305 miles apart. But I agree the intrastate aspect would add tot the intensity.

I'm an underdog fan (Go Bengals!!), so I would love to see the Cards make it. That, and I despise both AFC teams (again related to the Bengals thing). I think I hate the Ravens less though, so I'm hoping Flacco delivers, as I think he'll be the difference.

^ I assume Josh is talking about the distance between Philly and Tampa, and Pittsburgh and Tampa which, according to Google Maps, has only a 20 mile difference.

Go Steelers. Got my tickets and will be at the AFC Championship game. Can't wait! I hope the Cards can pull it out in the NFC.

As a Cowboy fan, it would be very painful to see the Steelers and Eagles in the Super Bowl. I don't want the Steelers to get their 6th Super Bowl as Dallas, San Francisco, and Pittsburgh currently have 5. (Dallas has the most appearances with 8.)

I don't want to the Eagles to win because, well...they are the Eagles. I'm also a Kurt Warner fan so I will be rooting for the Cardinals the rest of the way.

So go Arizona and Baltimore!

Edit: Mechanic, thanks for the correction.

Not that it's a big deal, but Dallas has 8 Super Bowl appearances, not 9. You were correct about them being tied with San Francisco and Pittsburgh for the 5 victories.

As for the teams left this season, I really have just about no attachment or interest in any of them. I honestly couldn't care less who wins the Steelers/Ravens game, but if I were betting on it, my money would be on Pittsburgh to win, but not cover. (They're currently a 6 point favorite) It wouldn't surprise me if that game ends 6-3 in overtime.

Arizona is pretty tough to get a handle on. I thought for sure they'd be a first round fold after they way they dogged it in the regular season, but they've been able to flip the switch so far. I'll be pulling for the Cardinals only because of the underdog factor, but to me it's Philly that's really looking like the team that's hot at the right time.

However it plays out, I'm going to remember this season more for the epic choke job the Cowboys pulled than anything else. I'm a Cowboys fan right down the socks I'm wearing as I type this, but man... I gotta' tell you, this season was hard to take.

With the grueling schedule they had, my Steelers have had a wonderful season, regardless of how things play out on Sunday. That said however, I do not think their season ends until Feb. 1st in Tampa.

My Championship picks:

NFC - Philadelphia 27, Arizona 24

AFC - Pittsburgh 20, Baltimore 10

It's going to be an all-PA Super Bowl! GO STEELERS!!!

I don't really like to guess or predict what the scores are going to be like, but I want the Steelers to beat Baltimore. It would be interesting to see if Philadelphia and Pittsburgh end up at the Superbowl together. Western PA versus Eastern PA...

I don't want to think about the Superbowl right now though, I just want them to get through the game tomorrow. Go Steelers!

ChMiLo24's Predictions:

Eagles @ Cardinals:

Both teams took out the top teams and are literally on fire. The Eagles were a team that I knew would get this far. But the Cards were a surprise. They way they handled the Panthers cost me $10. Even though I would normally put my money on the Arizona, they were featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. And The Curse Of The SI Cover will live on. Philly is going to the Super Bowl.

Was I right? NO

Ravens @ Stillers:

To me, these two teams are matched. The Stillers got the offense and defense, but so do the Ravens. If anyone would be able to get to Big Ben and knock him into another concussion, its Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. They have gotten to Ben more than any other team. But on the other hand, the Stillers got to Flacco the most out of any other team. There will be no more than one offensive touchdown per team and it will go down to whichever team has the better kicker. Too close to call.

--Chris

Well, I got the Steelers right.

I say the Steelers takes it. Cardinals played in a weak division, but I wish them the best of luck as the Edge is on that team (former Colt).

Continue Superbowl talk in this thread.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48659

Onto the next topic for discussion, the Pro Bowl. Don't mind the balloting, what I want to talk about is the NFL's decision to move the Pro Bowl to the weekend before the Superbowl and in the host city.

Pros.

*The host city will get more people for people whose favorite players are not part of the playoffs.

Cons.

*any team that allows a SB athlete to participate in the PB is stupid.

• 1 month later...

Free Agency is about to begin.

As for major moves....Marvin Harrison has been realeased by the Colts. Jeff Saturday is exploring FA. Also, Hunter the Punter Smith might be saying bye to the Colts. But Punters are a dime a dozen and if Peyton is like he was in the 2006 season, they are not really needed. But I wish the Colts could get the Bionic Leg punter from San Diego though.

As for Harrison. He is a good player, but he is getting older. For the good of the team, he should have taken the pay cut and finished out as a Colt. I don't think any team will offer him more than what the Colts were offering. But that is the nature of the business.

As for Saturday, it would suck for him to leave, but if he does he does. Younger players are needed for the Colts offense. The defense was one of the youngest defenses in the NFL. No matter who leaves, I still believe the Colts are always going to be a great team under Manning.

For other teams, Big Al Haynesworth is up for Free Agency. The Jets released Coles. And the Jags released Fred Taylor.